World's Largest Herpes Support Group
OFMDH

HerpV in 2019

OFMDH

This  [http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X11014526] which mentions the peculiar fact that there are people walking around without any antibodies or any disease whatsoever but have CD4/CD8 cells to HSV2 proteins ICP0/4.......  that vaccine HerpV is not happening anymore.

From Agenus Bio March 2017 SEC 10K 

In June 2014, we reported positive results from a Phase 2 clinical trial with our synthetic HerpV vaccine candidate for genital herpes. This candidate was the first potential recombinant, off-the-shelf application of our HSP technology. The study demonstrated that the HSP70-peptide-QS21 vaccine produced significant CD4 and CD8 positive T-cell responses to antigenic peptides, and that the side effects were mild to moderate and tolerable. We decided not to advance with this technology in herpes but, based on our findings, we launched our ASV synthetic cancer vaccine program in 2015. We remain on target to initiate a clinical trial for this program in the first half of 2017.

If you think about it cancer and HSV immunotherapies are trying to do the same thing; teach the immune system to clear cells that are not doing what they're supposed to be doing.......

moialbalushi

Well things like that happen. Which scares me tbh cuz im afraid same will happen to gen003. But lets stay positive anyways. 

P.s: why the title is "herpv in 2019" ? 

OFMDH

2019 is when it was supposed to come out.

Justin Owens

Is herpev also helpful for hsv1?

Whyyyyy
12 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

hmmm im not sure how accurate that is :/ 

Just wondering why it would/could be inaccurate? 

PurpleandGray

Hopefully it is accurate. Things like this do make me sad. It kills me when I hear things like "Katy Perry earns $25 million dollar American Idol Judge deal" I can only imagine the great things that can be done with that money. Do you guys really think we'll eventually get a product that will come out, be FDA approved and help us? I've been getting three outbreaks a month now, it's really starting to wear me down. 

Whyyyyy
4 minutes ago, PurpleandGray said:

Hopefully it is accurate. Things like this do make me sad. It kills me when I hear things like "Katy Perry earns $25 million dollar American Idol Judge deal" I can only imagine the great things that can be done with that money. Do you guys really think we'll eventually get a product that will come out, be FDA approved and help us? I've been getting three outbreaks a month now, it's really starting to wear me down. 

So sorry :( are you on meds?

PurpleandGray

Yes I'm on daily Valtrex but it does little. I'm wondering why my body just doesn't handle the virus well. Thanks for your concern. 

Whyyyyy
4 minutes ago, PurpleandGray said:

Yes I'm on daily Valtrex but it does little. I'm wondering why my body just doesn't handle the virus well. Thanks for your concern. 

Have you tried altering your diet or natural supplements? 

PurpleandGray

Yes I eat very strict and am on Olive Lead, Lysine and Vitamin C. I think my hormones play a big roll. I'm praying for better treatment. 

JJ2017

i question it because of the quote from Agenus Bio March 2017 SEC 10K We decided not to advance with this technology in herpes but, based on our findings, we launched our ASV synthetic cancer vaccine program in 2015.

i hope the article is correct too however the media does sometimes report things without doing proper research. 

Atrapasueños

Tal vez su cuerpo no puede controlar muy bien el hsv ha que es un virus que evade el sistema inmunológico al igual yo tengo síntomas diariamente y lesiones constantes 

@PurpleandGray

Maybe your body can not control very well the hsv ha that is a virus that evades the immune system as I have daily symptoms and constant injuries

JJ2017
2 minutes ago, PurpleandGray said:

Yes I eat very strict and am on Olive Lead, Lysine and Vitamin C. I think my hormones play a big roll. I'm praying for better treatment. 

sorry to hear how the virus is effecting you, its a shame Dr ignore the mental toll this has. have you considered getting the Russian vax for some relief ?

PurpleandGray
3 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

sorry to hear how the virus is effecting you, its a shame Dr ignore the mental toll this has. have you considered getting the Russian vax for some relief ?

I should really look into that more but i haven't heard all that great of reviews for that plus traveling to Russia would be very pricey. I've only had this virus for a year now do you think it will get easier for me? Thank you for your help. 

JJ2017
1 minute ago, PurpleandGray said:

I should really look into that more but i haven't heard all that great of reviews for that plus traveling to Russia would be very pricey. I've only had this virus for a year now do you think it will get easier for me? Thank you for your help. 

iv not herd great things, but some one on here said it reduced obs (not eliminate) and they had it posted to them and got someone to locally administer. they also said its not worth the travel. another thing ppl have been trying is the chickenpox vax....ppl have had some success with it. worth exploring the 2 options. 3 obs a month is really too much physically and mentally.  

Jayson49
On 5/28/2017 at 1:16 PM, PurpleandGray said:

I tried the healthy lifestyle route, with no positive results. So now I'm like fuck it, and eating and drinking like I want (and with less worry), and guess what? Things aren't any better or any worse.

Im beginning to believe that this virus is just going to do whatever it wants to do with you for as long as it feels like it. I'm just trying to come to terms with that fact, and it's tough, because I don't like the thought of not being in control of my own health for once.

Again, we could be much much worse off. It could be cancer, an amputation, or a horrible disfigurement that can't be kept a secret from others like this virus. I think about these possibilities, and count my blessings.

MoniqueLow
On 28/05/2017 at 10:16 AM, PurpleandGray said:

I've bought chewable tablets of vitamin C (naturally flavoured), to make sure pill doesn't get glued to my stomach sides and hurt it (I heard about that possibility from one doctor), but when I eat that tablets, I believe it gave me OB (or something like that). Maybe the sucralose inside or the acidity of it... I don't know. I have stopped using tablets and eat grapefruits daily. Just FYI. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I guess sometimes unnatural supplements are not as good.

Edited by MoniqueLow