World's Largest Herpes Support Group
OFMDH

CRISPR Human Trials for HSV1/2?

CRISPR Human Trials for HSV2?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Latent HIV was recently eliminated in a murine model (mice) if the same or similar technology was applied to HSV1 and HSV2 would you be willing to become a human guinea pig and try it outside the Country?

• No - Only FDA clinicals trials starting after the years 2030 with long term safety evidence
    • No - Only FDA clinicals trials starting after the years 2040 with longer term safety evidence
    • No - I don't care
    • No - I'm waiting for live vaccines and may or may not do anything else
    • No - I'm waiting for GEN-003/Admedus and may or may not do anything else
    • No - I fear long term safety
    • Yes - I'd do a Phase 1 and be in the first 10 people
    • Yes - I'd do a Phase 1 and be in the first 10 people but only if asymptomatic measurements are taken (shedding)
    • Yes - But I'd only do a Phase 2 or higher.

Sanguine108

probably be better to have a 3rd party survey/voting website and post that on various forums like supportgroups.com, honeycomb, the secret fbk sites...   You'd get those adamant results much more quickly.

moialbalushi
3 minutes ago, Sanguine108 said:

probably be better to have a 3rd party survey/voting website and post that on various forums like supportgroups.com, honeycomb, the secret fbk sites...   You'd get those adamant results much more quickly.

Good idea ? Mr.OMFDH, why dont you put this in another site too ?

Evaluate
30 minutes ago, Whyyyyy said:

What could one do with this kit?

I'm guessing mess around with yeast, microorganisms and bacteria.  From the sounds of it also learning to insert DNA into a genome and changing the charge of DNA to react so that the insertion of a plasmid can take place.  For obvious reasons they don't include viruses with their starter kits but but with a little bit of looking I'm sure they can be found.  That being said eventually you'd need a lab to properly perform experiments as a setup in a garage can only take you so far.

Evaluate

As a side note for your poll, explaining your options a bit more to the readership would likely benefit response rate.  I think some might not know how to answer.

What is CRISPR, what is a Phase I vs Phase II trial, will animal trials have been executed with satisfactory results prior to clinical testing?

Sean123
On 06/05/2017 at 3:39 PM, OhFuckMyDickHurts said:

Latent HIV was recently eliminated in a murine model (mice) if the same or similar technology was applied to HSV1 and HSV2 would you be willing to become a human guinea pig and try it outside the Country?

Time for great leaps and no time for baby steps. Go get em tiger! 

Atrapasueños

Sólo más de 50 personas han votado no cabe duda que la comunidad H es una porquería quieren una cura pero no quieren ayudar

Only more than 50 people have voted there is no doubt that the H community is crap they want a cure but they do not want to help

dont quit!17

I'm wondering what type of administration Crispr would need? Would it be similar to an epidural? 

moialbalushi

Vooooootttteee guys come one. Why you are not that supporting to reaseach in this field while u r suffering urself ? 

5 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

I'm wondering what type of administration Crispr would need? Would it be similar to an epidural? 

Me 2. I would like to learn more about it

JJ2017
On 5/7/2017 at 7:29 AM, OhFuckMyDickHurts said:

I don't want to influence the voting. We need at least 100 people to vote.  Maybe to convince people that we want a sterilizing cure,  gauge people's interest in it, find those who may want to participate one day in a human trial, lobby people in academia, pharmaceutical companies about  incremental improvements are of no interest, to NIH to spend and research more on gene therapy, a NIH grant request....

Leaving is contingent on voting results and voting quantity. I do want to do something this summer and if something were to happen the order would need to be put in soon. BTW I messaged HC support, I don't know if deactivating/deleting my account deletes all my prior posts, some of which I want to save and read later, in the meantime I may just leave it as is.

why not just not log on during your away time.....

hopeful Rylee
On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 2:39 PM, OhFuckMyDickHurts said:

Latent HIV was recently eliminated in a murine model (mice) if the same or similar technology was applied to HSV1 and HSV2 would you be willing to become a human guinea pig and try it outside the Country?

Who or what is the survey for?

srinivas

Where to vote and what for it is can any one elaborate please.. 

Cas9
On 5/6/2017 at 3:39 PM, OhFuckMyDickHurts said:

First of all, who specifically are you referring to that is responsible for successfully eliminating HIV in mice? I believe a couple of labs have been successful. But hsv has it's own (unique) problems that do not apply to HIV and therefore I do not believe the method used for HIV applies to hsv.   HSV  DNA for example is too tightly compressed when it is dormant. Also, hsv lives in non-replicating cells. These are issues that don't apply to HIV. HIV has it's own unique issues but apparently, those have been overcome to some extent if not fully. But the issues with latent HSV are still a problem and I don't think the success with HIV translates to HSV.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. If so, please elaborate,

moialbalushi
55 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

First of all, who specifically are you referring to that is responsible for successfully eliminating HIV in mice? I believe a couple of labs have been successful. But hsv has it's own (unique) problems that do not apply to HIV and therefore I do not believe the method used for HIV applies to hsv.   HSV  DNA for example is too tightly compressed when it is dormant. Also, hsv lives in non-replicating cells. These are issues that don't apply to HIV. HIV has it's own unique issues but apparently, those have been overcome to some extent if not fully. But the issues with latent HSV are still a problem and I don't think the success with HIV translates to HSV.

A study was conducted for hsv i think. And they were able to eliminate a part of hsv

JJ2017
4 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

A study was conducted for hsv i think. And they were able to eliminate a part of hsv

i think they were able to limit replication however could not get into the non replicating neurons which are closed off...when someone works out how to access this and edit the latent virus a cure will be found..im unsure how far we are...who knows someone may have had the breakthrough but keeping their cards close to their chest

moialbalushi
4 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

i think they were able to limit replication however could not get into the non replicating neurons which are closed off...when someone works out how to access this and edit the latent virus a cure will be found..im unsure how far we are...who knows someone may have had the breakthrough but keeping their cards close to their chest

But why would they keep it if they had it? And is it that nessicary to get into the neurons? They can measure the viral shedding and the number of outbreaks per a period of time no ? 

dont quit!17
1 hour ago, Cas9 said:

There was an excision therapeutics study.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170501112514.htm

HIV would be a more difficult fix imho due to not knowing exactly where latent HIV snoozes at. At the very minimum we know exactly where HSV is at and eventually we will find a way to relax it and penetrate multiple gene sites. 

JJ2017

must take 

2 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

But why would they keep it if they had it? And is it that nessicary to get into the neurons? They can measure the viral shedding and the number of outbreaks per a period of time no ? 

the neurons is where the virus hides......if you disable it.. there will be no obs/no shedding.......

moialbalushi
2 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

must take 

the neurons is where the virus hides......if you disable it.. there will be no obs/no shedding.......

Exactly and thats what we want. Getting inside the nurons is an additional study that can be perfromed later after the study. No ? 

JJ2017
7 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

Exactly and thats what we want. Getting inside the nurons is an additional study that can be perfromed later after the study. No ? 

i think you have misunderstood....hope this video helps