World's Largest Herpes Support Group
OFMDH

CRISPR Human Trials for HSV1/2?

CRISPR Human Trials for HSV2?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Latent HIV was recently eliminated in a murine model (mice) if the same or similar technology was applied to HSV1 and HSV2 would you be willing to become a human guinea pig and try it outside the Country?

• No - Only FDA clinicals trials starting after the years 2030 with long term safety evidence
    • No - Only FDA clinicals trials starting after the years 2040 with longer term safety evidence
    • No - I don't care
    • No - I'm waiting for live vaccines and may or may not do anything else
    • No - I'm waiting for GEN-003/Admedus and may or may not do anything else
    • No - I fear long term safety
    • Yes - I'd do a Phase 1 and be in the first 10 people
    • Yes - I'd do a Phase 1 and be in the first 10 people but only if asymptomatic measurements are taken (shedding)
    • Yes - But I'd only do a Phase 2 or higher.

Trace67
On 10/21/2018 at 6:14 PM, 35hope said:

what does editas have to do with your experiment?

Its not that hard, look it up. It means you wont DIY your own Crispr cure any time soon. Look up Editas.

35hope
2 hours ago, Trace67 said:

Its not that hard, look it up. It means you wont DIY your own Crispr cure any time soon. Look up Editas.

when did OP say he was going to replicate editas/bioExcision or any crispr company in this thread?

Trace67
23 minutes ago, 35hope said:

when did OP say he was going to replicate editas/bioExcision or any crispr company in this thread?

I didnt say he did.

35hope
1 hour ago, Trace67 said:

I didnt say he did.

you basically did

Trace67
1 hour ago, 35hope said:

you basically did

I said that you wont be able to DIY your own Crispr cure. Is that clear enough for you?

IcantThinkofaName

totally depressing...2030? 

nope. 

I'm fucking giving up.

Nothng works and I'm tired of being depressed. :(

ill47
21 minutes ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

nope. 

I'm fucking giving up.

If by giving up, you mean giving up on a cure, then you should. Get on with your life. If a cure happens, it happens, but there is no point on putting your life on hold waiting for one. 

Trace67
9 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

nope. 

I'm fucking giving up.

No need to be depressed. Everything takes time and Crispr is no different. @OFMDH is still working on whatever his experiment is.

Edited by Trace67
clarrification of statement

Tone123
On 5/7/2017 at 10:01 PM, Atrapasueños said:

Sólo más de 50 personas han votado no cabe duda que la comunidad H es una porquería quieren una cura pero no quieren ayudar

Only more than 50 people have voted there is no doubt that the H community is crap they want a cure but they do not want to help

Right. If we all even donate 1 dollar to help fund it it'll be like 500 mill right there 

Cas9
22 minutes ago, Tone123 said:

Right. If we all even donate 1 dollar to help fund it it'll be like 500 mill right there 

Wrong. Atrapasueños comment is ridiculous, and so is yours. You make it sound so simple, but it's NOT!

Tell us your DETAILED plan (each step), on how the donations process would work.

Tone123

For example Dr Hallford had something going but needed funding. He should of had a go fund me acct.  I'm sure many people would pitch in. Not me or any average Joe doing it I was referring to the companies working on vaccines but hit a dead end because of funding. They themselves can reach out to the public 

Edited by Tone123

Cas9
57 minutes ago, Tone123 said:

For example Dr Hallford had something going but needed funding. He should of had a go fund me acct.  I'm sure many people would pitch in. Not me or any average Joe doing it I was referring to the companies working on vaccines but hit a dead end because of funding. They themselves can reach out to the public 

People would have to be aware that the account exists AND that their donation is worth it; i.e. that others will also donate and it will lead to a significant amount. That reassurance would never happen. Futhermore, donators need to be convinced that the vaccine has a good chance for success.

The fact that none of this funding (or the processes used to get funding) ever amounts to any success, should tell you all you need to know about why it never happens. IT IS NOT SIMPLE!

Edited by Cas9

Gothic Beauty

Testing outside the country, skipping animal trials and going straight to humans would be nice.  Animals lie anyways.  If we tested all our food on animals before deciding it was safe to eat, humans wouldn't be eating chocolate, grapes, onions, etc.  A lot of those things are harmful to animals, so it has never made sense to me that we even waste time on animal testing.