World's Largest Herpes Support Group
OFMDH

CRISPR Human Trials for HSV1/2?

CRISPR Human Trials for HSV2?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Latent HIV was recently eliminated in a murine model (mice) if the same or similar technology was applied to HSV1 and HSV2 would you be willing to become a human guinea pig and try it outside the Country?

• No - Only FDA clinicals trials starting after the years 2030 with long term safety evidence
    • No - Only FDA clinicals trials starting after the years 2040 with longer term safety evidence
    • No - I don't care
    • No - I'm waiting for live vaccines and may or may not do anything else
    • No - I'm waiting for GEN-003/Admedus and may or may not do anything else
    • No - I fear long term safety
    • Yes - I'd do a Phase 1 and be in the first 10 people
    • Yes - I'd do a Phase 1 and be in the first 10 people but only if asymptomatic measurements are taken (shedding)
    • Yes - But I'd only do a Phase 2 or higher.

Ajuda

I had been talking about joining together for a long time, not only in the matter of being guinea pig but also in financial aid. Unfortunately, here we see a lot of fallacy and little action. If we had a good number of volunteers and a good financial resource collected for sure we will be seen. OFMDH is right and has my full support.

Bystander

Well, i have read somewhere that some group of researchers were able to activate latent HZV (Herpes Zoster Virus a.k.a. SHINGLES) by inducing Hypothermia to rats. Maybe CRISPR researchers could do the same with  HSV 1/2? Since these viruses belong to same family? What do you guys think? Maybe someone could tell the researchers about this approach to activate latent HSV as it might help them progress their research quicker. 

Ajuda
13 hours ago, Bystander said:

Bem, eu li em algum lugar que alguns grupos de pesquisadores foram capazes de ativar HZV latente (Herpes Zoster Virus aka SHINGLES ), induzindo Hipotermia a ratos. Talvez CRISPR pesquisadores poderiam fazer o mesmo com   HSV 1/2? Uma vez que estes vírus pertencem à mesma família? O que é que vocês acham? Talvez alguém poderia dizer aos pesquisadores sobre esta abordagem para ativar latente HSV como ele pode ajudá-los a progredir sua pesquisa mais rápido. 

I think we need to set up a commission to travel the research sites and draw personal conclusions. Talk personally with people and get the information that interests us, as well as cite our mobilization of help in pursuit of that dream of healing. There are people here who are very fond of it, we just need to get organized.

Ajuda

If we could create an account in which everyone could contribute, then we would elect some people, I do not know exactly the number, to go to the research sites financed by the resources acquired. If we are organized, doing everything with discretion and transparency, we would have strength and voice, think.

moialbalushi
11 minutes ago, Ajuda said:

If we could create an account in which everyone could contribute, then we would elect some people, I do not know exactly the number, to go to the research sites financed by the resources acquired. If we are organized, doing everything with discretion and transparency, we would have strength and voice, think.

Yup. I suggest instagram. Easy to use and you can reach lots of people there from different cultures and interests 

Atrapasueños

Todo tipo de movimiento sea planeado en esta comunidad pero nadie se quiere mover ni hacer nada, todos quieren una cura pero no quieren moverse, aqui esta un ejemplo ohfuckmy trata de hacer una estadística y que la gente vote pero no lleva ni 100 votos de miles de personas que se encuentran en este foro. Creo que la comunidad H es una porquería si no aportan nada ni de hacen escuchar nunca van a darle la importancia a esta enfermedad

@Ajuda

All movement is planned in this community but no one wants to move or do anything, everyone wants a cure but they do not want to move, here is an example ohfuckmy tries to make a statistic and people vote but does not take 100 votes out of thousands Of people who are in this forum. I think community H is crap if they do not contribute anything or make them listen they will never give importance to this disease

JJ2017
2 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

Yup. I suggest instagram. Easy to use and you can reach lots of people there from different cultures and interests 

doesn't twitter have more members? plus may be easier to tweet text. 

Atrapasueños

Se han hecho carreras, conciertos, manifestaciones, donativos, para curar vih, cancer, hepatitis, gente con cáncer se hace escuchar, gente con vih se hace escuchar gente con hepatitis de hace escuchar y que pasa con la gente con herpes?

They have done careers, concerts, demonstrations, donations, to cure hiv, cancer, hepatitis, people with cancer are made to hear, people with hiv are made to hear people with hepatitis of makes listen and what happens to people with herpes?

moialbalushi
16 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

doesn't twitter have more members? plus may be easier to tweet text. 

Well we can do both although i still prefer instagram. We have to attract people. We need to make a movement. Pics and videos of herpes sufferers. In addition to some ads for what vaccines are available now and how valtrex isnt enough at all. These things need to be mentioned briefly. Concerts and things like that are limited and not so attractive. We need something stronger.

JJ2017
3 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

Well we can do both although i still prefer instagram. We have to attract people. We need to make a movement. Pics and videos of herpes sufferers. In addition to some ads for what vaccines are available now and how valtrex isnt enough at all. These things need to be mentioned briefly. Concerts and things like that are limited and not so attractive. We need something stronger.

i liked your original idea of a youtube animation video. one thats really informative of what to expect initial out breaks treatments (mentioning that most treatments were made over 30 years ago) also testing and where to find support/info hc / terri warren etc 

moialbalushi
5 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

i liked your original idea of a youtube animation video. one thats really informative of what to expect initial out breaks treatments (mentioning that most treatments were made over 30 years ago) also testing and where to find support/info hc / terri warren etc 

Leeezzz do it then. We need proffessional people. 

Stbb
On 5/12/2017 at 4:49 PM, Ajuda said:

I had been talking about joining together for a long time, not only in the matter of being guinea pig but also in financial aid. Unfortunately, here we see a lot of fallacy and little action. If we had a good number of volunteers and a good financial resource collected for sure we will be seen. OFMDH is right and has my full support.

Are you all scientists?  How can you just decide to begin studies on your own?

Stbb
1 hour ago, moialbalushi said:

Yallah guys. Please vote. We still need nine 

Already voted, but what will more votes do?

OFMDH
8 hours ago, Stbb said:

..... How can you just decide to begin studies on your own?

TINSTAAFL - economics 101 or  in simple terms research needs to be funded. Otherwise established guidelines followed - like excluding people with Ab to the vector. After that, well think of it this way, Edison didn't actually invent the lightbulb but he did win the patent war over it. Meaning in my mind it's possible to take what is already there, alter/upgrade it and apply it.

JJ2017

i think voting would be easier to prompt a response for this poll if chat was working

Second_chance

We have yet been told what will come about from this poll? 

OFMDH
2 hours ago, Second_chance said:

We have yet been told what will come about from this poll? 

I don't want to influence voting.  Otherwise, not saying I won't do this either, but others are also welcome to read the results and lobby people in academia, pharmaceutical companies, to try and convince people that we want a sterilizing cure.

That being said I do want to try and make this a reality and not some theoretical discussion for the next 40 years. The AAV vectors in humans have been approved for human use in Europe for an ultra rare disease and as far as I can tell wore off by month 31, in my opinion that obviates the need for self terminating sgRNA to the CRISPR vector itself which Editas is doing for increased safety and will be trying in HSV1 keratitis (blindness) hopefully this year. Simply, we can't have just one Cas9 protein and 2 sgRNA's made as they will breakdown in a week or two and the kinetics with latent DNA require much more time than that unless proteins were added to wake up the virus for editing. I can go on and on this talking about it, using AAV-DJ from Stanford, the promoters, etc. Suffice to say, the CRISPR system is non-toxic and while it tolerates making edits off-target, as long as the sgRNA targets are designed to avoid that as much as possible it should be alright. You can have sgRNA which would require very large deviations. 

95 votes.

Edited by OhFuckMyDickHurts

Stbb
17 hours ago, OhFuckMyDickHurts said:

TINSTAAFL - economics 101 or  in simple terms research needs to be funded. Otherwise established guidelines followed - like excluding people with Ab to the vector. After that, well think of it this way, Edison didn't actually invent the lightbulb but he did win the patent war over it. Meaning in my mind it's possible to take what is already there, alter/upgrade it and apply it.

But who will do the actual research? It will cost millions to hire scientists? And also lab equipment, animals, etc. 

OFMDH
3 hours ago, Stbb said:

But who will do the actual research? It will cost millions to hire scientists? And also lab equipment, animals, etc. 

It doesn't take millions to do this.