Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
STILL_HOPEFUL_MAYBE

THERAVAX

Sorry to all the rest that some persons, most likely from the pain and anguish of the virus itself, chose to go down a sour path with comments.  I must say that I can see where this could happen as, again, the "system has let us down".

I hope that the folks at Rational Vaccines as well as all other institutions realize that this virus not only has a physical aspect to it but also an emotional one too.

People ignorantly often seem to downplay the potential physical effects although it might be that people are becoming more aware of exactly the detrimental effects this can have.

I wait somewhat calmly and somewhat patiently for the Theravax therapeutic vaccine as, from the reading I have done, it appears that they are looking to deal more effectively with the entire viral entity.

I am not overly religious but I hope to God that I hear that I can get this vaccine sooner than later.

I am not alone in the need.

6 hours ago, STILL_HOPEFUL_MAYBE said:

Sorry to all the rest that some persons, most likely from the pain and anguish of the virus itself, chose to go down a sour path with comments.  I must say that I can see where this could happen as, again, the "system has let us down".

I hope that the folks at Rational Vaccines as well as all other institutions realize that this virus not only has a physical aspect to it but also an emotional one too.

People ignorantly often seem to downplay the potential physical effects although it might be that people are becoming more aware of exactly the detrimental effects this can have.

I wait somewhat calmly and somewhat patiently for the Theravax therapeutic vaccine as, from the reading I have done, it appears that they are looking to deal more effectively with the entire viral entity.

I am not overly religious but I hope to God that I hear that I can get this vaccine sooner than later.

I am not alone in the need.

You are right it is not good that another Rational Vax thread had to be locked by the mods- Evaluate in this case. The latest thread "Agustin here to help" had some good information especially the responses from Agustin. Unfortunately now that it is locked we are missing out on  this important information.

The pattern is always the same. Certain posters pro the vax and others questioning the vax end up in a back and forth battle which gets emotional and insulting. A mod then gives a warning which doesn't help and then the mods have to lock the thread due to complaints.

The problem seems to be that certain members don't get along and seem to be holding a grudge from some posts from the past.

Advertisement

Not as a mod (which I not really am anymore) but as a member I fully agree with Evaluate.

Agustin was not there anymore to help, which was the whole point of the thread. All that was left was constant bickering, constant fighting between the usual suspects. Nothing intereresting anymore, just the battle of the male hormones, a worthless verbal peeing contest. I suggest they find a cage to fight in, MMA style, film it and upload the video on youtube. That would at least be slightly amusing. 

Now we have to keep our fingers crossed that they don't continue their testosterone battle in other threads. It is enough they destroyed this one already.

i no longer will battle with trolls, just want peace

I just want to see it in more that 20 people to see the results. 

And 

I also would like to see compassionate use, seeing as there's a lot of people on here that are willing to do it and forward their experience to us. 

True that Agustin was not participating recently it was his thread that he started and I think that people who engage in poor conduct should be punished and their posts removed rather than locking a thread that could potentially yield good information. Punish the guilty not the innocent. I do support the action that @Evaluate took even though it would not have been my first choice of action.

Advertisement

The formulations of some vaccines do concern me on a scientific/safety level and I try to post that in the most objective way possible.  I am solely intending to educate the community members so that they can make the most informed decision possible if they decide to get one of these vaccines.  

From an ethical standpoint, I can't just sit on this information.  If I learn something that I think should be shared with this community and the safety of individuals needs to be addressed (as it relates to getting a vaccine) I must share that information.  I do understand that a lot of people have a large emotional and financial investment in some of these vaccines, but safety is very important.  I do not make my comments lightly - and I recognize that it's important to back all of my claims up.  

Please don't allow this environment to turn into one where people feel their safety is at risk or in question.  People are coming here to heal - I know you know that.  A lot of members are in so much emotional pain - it's hard for them to see.  That's why I try to keep everything objective and to the science.  

The disease can be difficult in and of itself - the emotional toll is quite tough as well. I just want people to be safe physically and emotionally and it hurts when I see that being challenged.  

To the extent possible, people should feel safe bringing up questions or concerns when it comes to any possible treatment especially when those questions are regarding the safety of that treatment.  From my standpoint, I can't hold back saying these things just because other people will be upset with me and make personal attacks.  Safety is key.  

For what it's worth, I really do think "the hope is near".  I don't know how soon or exactly what it will look like, but there's some amazing science going on.  I have hope.  Hope is important, but safety and good science is too.

2 hours ago, fixme1 said:

i no longer will battle with trolls, just want peace

Condescending much? 

Say what you like, but I know I'm more benefit here than you 

If @RVX Patient and Investor and others have had positive responses to the vax for hsv2, surely this vax will be a a close knockout for hsv1, seeing as a lot people's bodies already handle hsv1 better than 2.

AND

Most therapeutic vaccines for hsv2 in the past have proven to work well for hsv1, I read this about a multiple different vaccine trails. The difference with rvx is they are already trying to bring Theravax to the market and they've been cleared for compassionate sales if I'm not mistaken.

imo if the vaccine does poorly for mass hsv2 but does well for hsv1, there will be evidence that therapeutic vaccines can fight hsv, which in turn would create a bigger focus on hsv2 vaccine research. 

People don't believe good things are going to happen but I honestly believe that they're mistaken

even if the vax was to work ( i hope it does ) it would take years before we r able to get access to it .. secondly by cancelling compassionate sales at the last monent really made us skeptical about wheter it really works or no .. had it got available through compassionate sale and we would hear reports of people getting fine it would have shut our mouths and other critics as well  ... but scraping off the things when we were told othrwise raises BIG questions 

From what I gather from all of this, the team changed their plan due to a huge opportunity that presented itself, possibly out of the blue. And I assume this is the investment they are reportedly set to receive. I mean it makes sense that they would completely change their strategy if somebody presented them with a large amount of funding. I am still really curious as to what will actually happen with all of this but it seems that things are definitely in the works. Look I am impatient as the next person here, but all we can do it wait and see how this plays out. People writing off Rvx completely seems a bit over the top.  Yeah the original plan changed, we all got excited for nothing. Shitty as that might be it doesn't mean that much better news is not on the way. I hope that news comes soon and I guess the longer that takes, the less hope we will all have for this vaccine. But right now, I'm staying curious. 

5 hours ago, fixme1 said:

Say what you like, but I know I'm more benefit here than you 

Says the guy with the name " fixme"

4 hours ago, Mister Hyder said:

even if the vax was to work ( i hope it does ) it would take years before we r able to get access to it .. secondly by cancelling compassionate sales at the last monent really made us skeptical about wheter it really works or no .. had it got available through compassionate sale and we would hear reports of people getting fine it would have shut our mouths and other critics as well  ... but scraping off the things when we were told othrwise raises BIG questions 

They never canceled compassionate sales, Agustin posted explaining there situation in the last post. 

but the compassionate sales were going to happen right in April ?? 

20 minutes ago, Mister Hyder said:

but the compassionate sales were going to happen right in April ?? 

Yes but they were delayed. Doesnt mean they were canceled !! @Agustin Fernandez III said before few days that they were alreay approved in the Carrebian. I know you are all upset becuz of this decision but we have nothing to do but to wait and see what happens. We cant specualte just like that.

2 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

for those who take compassionate sale will the company track reoccurrence? @Agustin Fernandez III

I dont think so becuz they will be conducting a trial already while selling them. Compassionate sales is a good decision becuz it will show  the investors how hsv sufferers are really wishing to live a normal life.

6 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

I dont think so bsouz they will be conducting a trial already while selling them. Compassionate sales is a good decision becuz it will show  the investors how hsv sufferers are really wishing to live a normal life.

Do you think our lives will ever be normal. I hope do Hoping something works for us.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Do you think our lives will ever be normal. I hope do Hoping something works for us.

Some people are living healthy and not being normal. Some are the opposite. It depends on how you look at things. But there vaccines will for sure reduce the stigma a lot and makes it easier for us to live. Regardless that hsv is not a big issue anyways although I have 2 obs a month but i think i have a good life anyways. It could have been worse.

You have a very healthy way of looking at it. I think I'm just doom and gloom at thus point in my life. Praying for a cure.

Dear ALL and special THNX to @RVX Patient and Investor!!

I have been tracking the development of TheraVax. In my understanding, the vaccine is in the second stage of the trial (Phase 2) and are ready to move on to the next phase.
    I am slightly confused with the above posts and would like to confirm what the current situation in the development of the vaccine... Is TheraVax still under trial or has it already be approved by the Caribbean government?

By 'compassionate sales', can we get the vaccine before (or right after) the approval? Do you think we can order one from Japan on the internet??