World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Reverse

Newly Diagnosed - Chafing?

Reverse

Hi there, 

I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and I've been dealing with it fine had the anti viral and its starting to get better, just wondered if anyone else has experienced chafing after an outbreak or whether this could be another outbreak starting. I'm not quite sure what it is to be honest but I've got a lot of redness and soreness down there but most of the blisters have healed or are nearly healed. Going to give it the weekend then go to the GP but thought I'd check on here first 

Terrell
4 hours ago, Reverse said:

Hi there, 

I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and I've been dealing with it fine had the anti viral and its starting to get better, just wondered if anyone else has experienced chafing after an outbreak or whether this could be another outbreak starting. I'm not quite sure what it is to be honest but I've got a lot of redness and soreness down there but most of the blisters have healed or are nearly healed. Going to give it the weekend then go to the GP but thought I'd check on here first 

No

Dan S H

Yes,  my scrotum was very uncomfortable after the first two OBs.  It was beyond irritating when my underwear would rub up against it. I used talcum powder with zinc oxide for the friction and I haven't had any issues since. The Derm said that it could have been since it was my first few OBs that the whole area was hyper sensitive.  I don't even use the talcum powder everyday anymore.