World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Newbieag

Newbieag

Hi everyone,
just recently got diagnosed, actually still in the doctors office now. I'm feeling a mix of emotions both anxious, embarrassed, angry. I balled my eyes out to my doctor and although she tried to comfort me I still can't help but feeling at a loss for words.

Sounds selfish but I am nervous and anxious about dating now. I already have a fear of never getting married and now my fear has grown. On top of breaking off an engagement because my ex-fiancé not only gave my herpes, but also chlamydia and gonorrhea after being overseas.

Anyone have any tips on how to come out and tell close family and friends. I really could use someone to talk to but I feel alone more than ever right now 

tekrope90

hey i know how you feel.  Its really difficult at first. It took me 2 years to say anything.  Honestly tell your closest family or friend, someone that will understand. I can't begin to tell you how much better you feel by just having one person to talk to about it. Also there are plenty of us on here to help.

Newbieag
16 minutes ago, tekrope90 said:

also if you really need anyone to talk to feel free to pm me.

Thank you so much! I'll be reaching out to you since I'm on a few hours into being diagnosed. 

tekrope90

No problem, i joined to help people. Ive dealt with this for a few years, granted i don't have the extreme conditions like some people. Stay strong, you'll get through it.

Whyyyyy

I'm here too, love!!! PM me anytime!