World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ehost123

Personal Experience with Herpes.

ehost123

So I have had Genial Herpes for 10 year's. When you find out you have contracted Herpes, You Just want to Loose it. First Question why me? I never had unprotected sex always used protection. Then I get this S#it. I didn't have insurance so I went to the ER Room, Didn't know what was going on. Doctor comes in With 4 other nurse's. Was put out on display. Tears rolling down my face, I just wanted to Die. I have 5 Strangers Staring and examining something I didn't sign up for. I hear a male nurse say you don't come to the ER For a Herpes outbreak.

dont quit!17
4 hours ago, ehost123 said:

So I have had Genial Herpes for 10 year's. When you find out you have contracted Herpes, You Just want to Loose it. First Question why me? I never had unprotected sex always used protection. Then I get this S#it. I didn't have insurance so I went to the ER Room, Didn't know what was going on. Doctor comes in With 4 other nurse's. Was put out on display. Tears rolling down my face, I just wanted to Die. I have 5 Strangers Staring and examining something I didn't sign up for. I hear a male nurse say you don't come to the ER For a Herpes outbreak.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. How are you now? How has life been after 10 years since diagnosis? Next time, don't let anyone BUT the doctor examine you, especially if they are male nurses. I'am one (male nurse), and I always ask permission to do any cares regarding female genitalia.

LWestCoast

Brutal. I think nurses/doctors etc. forget how hard it can be on people to get this diagnosis due to the social stigma...how emotionally traumatic. However, kind of indicates to us that maybe it's not that bad. They are probably coming from seeing someone's arm get chopped off or appendix rupture and thinking "oh, some blisters" no biggee. Problem is it's the emotional truama...not the physical trauma...a lot of the time that makes this bad. Sorry that happened man.

Lisajd

Drs and nurses are non chalent cause they prob see heaps with it and its not terminal.  My dr was really good but another dr i saw to get my results told me i was negative. A week later i see my normal dr and i say good news no herpes.  She says yes you do.  Stupid other dr didnt see the result. Not to be racist but he was asian.   Some are good but most not. 

ehost123

Hello Everyone. I have a OB now. He is great. When I go to him for the treatment of a outbreak, I never feel he is Judging me. Unfortunately he is going to Retire soon. I wish for a Cure soon. But yeah 10 year's of this. Unfortunately you just get used to it.

dont quit!17
21 hours ago, LWestCoast said:

Brutal. I think nurses/doctors etc. forget how hard it can be on people to get this diagnosis due to the social stigma...how emotionally traumatic. However, kind of indicates to us that maybe it's not that bad. They are probably coming from seeing someone's arm get chopped off or appendix rupture and thinking "oh, some blisters" no biggee. Problem is it's the emotional truama...not the physical trauma...a lot of the time that makes this bad. Sorry that happened man.

Very true. In the past I have had 20 year old patients with muscular dystrophy who can't walk and have never even had sex nor probably kissed a girl. They could barely move their hands.

I seen a 10 year old little girl yesterday with a history of seizure disorder who couldn't walk or talk who has had recurrent bouts of pneumonia within the last year (Fucked up).

I'm just finishing a shift in the ER right now with an 18 year old kid who was stabbed to death this morning by his stepdad and another man who was suffering from his first heart attack ever.  

It gives me a bit of a perspective and helps me cope with my disease. I know it's hard but there are literally millions of people who are going through harder times than me at any given moment.

Edited by dont quit!17

LWestCoast
32 minutes ago, dont quit!17 said:

Very true. In the past I have had 20 year old patients with muscular dystrophy who can't walk and have never even had sex nor probably kissed a girl. They could barely move their hands.

Wow yah - totally...makes me feel kind of selfish and ignorant for being sad about this!! Those poor people...those are real problems you know...

dont quit!17
42 minutes ago, LWestCoast said:

Wow yah - totally...makes me feel kind of selfish and ignorant for being sad about this!! Those poor people...those are real problems you know...

Yeah I don't mean to downplay our suffering whatsoever especially those with non stop physical symptoms. Just saying what I see on a daily.