World's Largest Herpes Support Group
hellohello111

Gen 003

hellohello111

Just read this article. I know there is despair with Theravax  but while they are working out the kinks, maybe this could be used as therapeutic and even preventative for the duration. Looks like it should be out soon. 

http://www.healio.com/infectious-disease/stds/news/online/{81445d15-e6b9-4704-b03b-028ecb098a11}/gen-003-sustains-reduced-genital-lesion-viral-shedding-rate-2-years-later

hopeful Rylee
48 minutes ago, hellohello111 said:

Just read this article. I know there is despair with Theravax  but while they are working out the kinks, maybe this could be used as therapeutic and even preventative for the duration. Looks like it should be out soon. 

http://www.healio.com/infectious-disease/stds/news/online/{81445d15-e6b9-4704-b03b-028ecb098a11}/gen-003-sustains-reduced-genital-lesion-viral-shedding-rate-2-years-later

Phase 3 trials have nor even began. While it's good its in route, people are suffering now :(

Dan S H

Phase 3 will be conducted at the end of this year. Should be ready by 2020 or 2021.

medicalanonymo
24 minutes ago, Smart_1 said:

Honestly I think that even though this vaccine reduces shedding and leision rates, the virus is still present in the nerves where it can cause a host of symptoms 

http://www.livestrong.com/article/68568-longterm-effects-herpes-simplex/

This is a great link to prove that HSV is related to neuropathy and other symptoms like headaches, urinary infection, constipation etc that many sufferers attribute it to.

I see established members on this forum have to get educated from this article, since even they mostly disregard sufferer's claims that these are HSV related, even after sufferers explaining they have these symptoms only after contracting HSV

It's a sad truth that this Virus is being spread due to ignorance of medical practitioners, arrogance of agencies like CDC etc and also due to the disregard of obvious symptoms of sufferers by HSV community ...

Edited by medicalanonymo

Dan S H

I think I read you are using bovine colostrum for your symptoms? 

Smart_1
20 hours ago, Dan S H said:

I think I read you are using bovine colostrum for your symptoms? 

Yes but I still get pain in all areas that I didnt have before getting it. However, it us hard for me to tell whether the pain is caused from damage to nerves, viral activity, or just symptoms from not being active enough at 34....for example the sciatica pain. U see sciatica is common among hsv2 people but there hasnt been a link to hsv causing it 

my face tungles and itches too at least a few monutes a day especially when im tired under the sun or stressed

it is a fucked disease to say the least but more of a major irritant than other more serious diseases

Dan S H
4 hours ago, Smart_1 said:

Yes but I still get pain in all areas that I didnt have before getting it. However, it us hard for me to tell whether the pain is caused from damage to nerves, viral activity, or just symptoms from not being active enough at 34....for example the sciatica pain. U see sciatica is common among hsv2 people but there hasnt been a link to hsv causing it 

my face tungles and itches too at least a few monutes a day especially when im tired under the sun or stressed

it is a fucked disease to say the least but more of a major irritant than other more serious diseases

People are also eating Wakame seaweed along with taking bovine colostrum.   They say they are getting great results.

Dan S H
5 minutes ago, Dan S H said:

People are also eating Wakame seaweed along with taking bovine colostrum.   They say they are getting great results.

Also, id love to take GEN-003.   Did you take all 3 shots or just one?  Where you in phase 1 or 2?

Smart_1

Well I like what their results are so far unfortunately not sure about my results with it 

ya I got the 3 shots but not sure which dose

Dan S H
50 minutes ago, Smart_1 said:

Well I like what their results are so far unfortunately not sure about my results with it 

ya I got the 3 shots but not sure which dose

Yes I saw different results  based on the dosage 

MoniqueLow
8 hours ago, Smart_1 said:

Sciatica like pain is officially known ghsv symptom. I have it too, every day. I had real sciatica due to injury, so I can compare. The pain is different. With real sciatica I couldn't get from bed because I couldn't bent my body as my nerve was blocked or I couldn't walk sometimes because I couldn't lift my leg - that was the worst stage. It always resolved by itself in few weeks. By ghsv caused sciatica is constant since initial outbreak (4months). Its intensity varies. The difference is I can bent my body with no problem, it's not blocked. It's just painful. Also, if I stretch and exercise, it helps with pain (you wouldn't like to do that with real sciatica! as the pain would kill you :-) ). So yeah, I have my lower back pain due to ghsv. The pain also shoots to my left hip, that one I never had with real sciatica. At least I am a bit used to back pain, but it was always just temporary and once 1-2y, pain due to gshv is constant and permanent :-(

It's a horrible disease. I have other big problems with it. Yesterday I talked to my gynecologist and she had to admit she can't help as AVs don't work for me. At least she was honest and didn't want to convince me about "not hsv related" nonsense.

I'm sorry to hear genocea vax can't resolve nerve issues. I wish we can get real cure one day.

Edited by MoniqueLow

Itsminor
On 2017-6-6 at 3:49 AM, Smart_1 said:

Honestly I think that even though this vaccine reduces shedding and leision rates, the virus is still present in the nerves where it can cause a host of symptoms 

http://www.livestrong.com/article/68568-longterm-effects-herpes-simplex/

Livestrong is an awful site. 

Very few experience those things. Meningitis? So so rare. 

MoniqueLow
11 minutes ago, Itsminor said:

Livestrong is an awful site. 

Very few experience those things. Meningitis? So so rare. 

I wish... the article explains exactly what I experience although I have ghsv 1. I even printed the article for my gynecologist yesterday.

My ghsv symptoms? Recurrent low-grade fevers with stiff neck and overall sick feeling, lower back pain and hip pain and severe constipation for few months...

Before initial outbreak I was one of the healthiest person I know. Now I am wreck.

Edited by MoniqueLow

Itsminor

Gen 003:

Start of August: they will release data on efficiency of Gen 003 Vaccine and Valtrex

This is for me the crux. If they work well together we could have a very effective combo. (eg 90+% reduction in shedding. 

Either way Phase 3 trials start Nov / Dec 2017 and if they go well we're looking at a 2021 release date. 

Fingers crossed. Still 4 damn years.

Herpes. Who would have thought. 

Dan S H
1 hour ago, Itsminor said:

Gen 003:

Start of August: they will release data on efficiency of Gen 003 Vaccine and Valtrex

This is for me the crux. If they work well together we could have a very effective combo. (eg 90+% reduction in shedding. 

Either way Phase 3 trials start Nov / Dec 2017 and if they go well we're looking at a 2021 release date. 

Fingers crossed. Still 4 damn years.

Herpes. Who would have thought. 

Hopefully this will be the breakthrough we've been hoping for. 

Roberto Z

Valtrex suppressive therapy showed that only about 5% of time there is asymptomatic viral shedding. I think for gen-003 and valtrex to be successful, it's gotta go down to less than 1%. Pritelivir alone is at 2.4%

MoniqueLow
10 minutes ago, Roberto Z said:

Valtrex suppressive therapy showed that only about 5% of time there is asymptomatic viral shedding. I think for gen-003 and valtrex to be successful, it's gotta go down to less than 1%. Pritelivir alone is at 2.4%

I was thinking about Gen 003 and Pritelivir combo... that could be something!

Dan S H
25 minutes ago, MoniqueLow said:

I was thinking about Gen 003 and Pritelivir combo... that could be something!

Can't get much better than 90% reduction.

Whyyyyy
6 minutes ago, Dan S H said:

Can't get much better than 90% reduction.

Didn't pritlevir cause dangerous side effects?

Dan S H
1 hour ago, Whyyyyy said:

Didn't pritlevir cause dangerous side effects?

In monkeys, yes.  But it wasn't conclusive.   They plan to start clinicals soon.

MoniqueLow
22 minutes ago, Dan S H said:

In monkeys, yes.  But it wasn't conclusive.   They plan to start clinicals soon.

Clinical trial Phase 2a with immunocompromised patients is recently under way in USA. I don't know when Phase 3 starts though.

@WhyyyyySee Pritelivir thread for more info.

Whyyyyy
Just now, MoniqueLow said:

Clinical trial Phase 2a with immunocompromised patients is recently under way in USA. I don't know when Phase 3 starts though.

@WhyyyyySee Pritelivir thread for more info.

I emailed Anna Wald about this a week ago and she said they're at a stand still for now. 

MoniqueLow
14 minutes ago, Whyyyyy said:

I emailed Anna Wald about this a week ago and she said they're at a stand still for now. 

Really? Strange. See their website.

http://www.aicuris.com/111n97AiCuris-Initiates-US-Clinical-Phase-2-Trial-with-Oral-Pritelivir.htm

From AiCuris email response to me:

.....We are currently in clinical development of pritelivir and clinical trials are only performed in the US.  

Edited by MoniqueLow