World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Fighterforlife

Contant OBS, tried everything, even Suppressive Therapy...suggestions?

Fighterforlife

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with HSV-2 Herpes 8 months ago and it's been a roller coaster ride. I've learned to accept it, and have been trying to maintain a positive outlook on my situation and life. However, I constantly having reoccurring outbreaks. I'm talking about every week. Once an outbreak clears up, another follows shortly after. For the most part they are mild, but I can definitely see sores and bumps in the same areas, and automatically know it's another outbreak.

I am currently talking Valtrex daily. I also take Vitamin C, Echinacea, Lysine, and Garlic pills daily. I excercise 3-4 times a week, and eat healthy for the most part. Although I have difficultly sleeping, I do get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I've tried meditation, yoga...everything and I still get them CONSTANTLY. I feel as if my sex life is non existent because of this fear I carry that I will infect someone.

Can someone shed some insight or light on what can be possibly causing these never ending outbreaks based on experiences? Trying to stay positive and live a normal life but it's hard!

hurryup

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time.

My first outbreak was over 15 years ago, and I remember it was quite traumatizing. My frequency of outbreaks has always been low, and now I almost never get them. This is not everyone's experience, but from what I understand most people have reduced outbreaks over time. I don't have much experience with valtrex or any AV's.

You should check the herpes treatment zone on this site. I found quite a few things to try.

Tea tree oil, oregano oil coconut oil etc..

Hang in there. Luckily for you, it looks like a functional cure is a real possibility in the next 5 years or so.

jj8

For me, I can't ever, ever have anything which contains artificial sweeteners. It's 100% for me. If I have it, I get an ob. So no splenda, blue packets, pink packets, mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol.

I had to do a "gut cleanse" and it got much better for me. 

Pm, if you would like any more of what worked for me. 

Good luck! 

charly_c
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, Fighterforlife said:

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with HSV-2 Herpes 8 months ago and it's been a roller coaster ride. I've learned to accept it, and have been trying to maintain a positive outlook on my situation and life. However, I constantly having reoccurring outbreaks. I'm talking about every week. Once an outbreak clears up, another follows shortly after. For the most part they are mild, but I can definitely see sores and bumps in the same areas, and automatically know it's another outbreak.

I am currently talking Valtrex daily. I also take Vitamin C, Echinacea, Lysine, and Garlic pills daily. I excercise 3-4 times a week, and eat healthy for the most part. Although I have difficultly sleeping, I do get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I've tried meditation, yoga...everything and I still get them CONSTANTLY. I feel as if my sex life is non existent because of this fear I carry that I will infect someone.

Can someone shed some insight or light on what can be possibly causing these never ending outbreaks based on experiences? Trying to stay positive and live a normal life but it's hard!

In my own experince, I  try  BHT.  i start with 250mG morning and 250mG in night, after a week i inreased to 500mG in morning and 500mG at night. but as always you need to check allergic reactions (very rare) and dont take any alcohol and blood thinners. You can try also colostrum and monolaurin at same time To strengthen the immune system, also try TO EXCERSISE. In my case my OB's was reduces from 2 times  by each month to 1 time in 4 months and a very short duration (5 to 7 days). Remember that all people react different to chemicals and food supplementals, please be very careful about allergic reaction with BHT and remember that is my personal experience only in all this!

Lisajd

As you are in the first year it's probably something that you need to expect although I can understand how that is making you feel.  Some people have actually changed antivirals and although they are mostly the same it has seemed to have worked.   You are doing all the right things but perhaps you are overdoing it in some areas like the exercise might be hampering your immune system.  I also understand that it can be genetics as well.   Even though some will say there is no evidence that a high arginine diet causes outbreaks have you looked at these foods that you are eating whether they do contain arginine.  

LoveToDance

I was taking a ton of supplements and vitamins because I thought it would help. I decided to stop because I got sick of taking them and spending the money on it. I will say that all of my symptoms reduced. 

Arrowhead

Olive leaf extract

Bht

Monolaurin 

Oil of oregano

Lemon balm topicly

All seem to have good results with many people on these sights. Pick one at a time and go for it.  Good luck

brookeb300

I would try the warrior diet I think i saw it called.  You starve yourself out every day for 16 hours and then eat normally in the eating time.  It is harder to do than you think, most of the time you will be sleeping though during the 16 hours.  This does work for me, I'm not doing it right now but i have to fast in order to get it to really go down.  I think that if I did this it would make a huge difference, so far I haven't but I would try it maybe idk.  its awful sometimes i feel like i can't actually live anymore like i am going to die or something its awful.

Tense

I have the same problem. Although no Dr seems to think I have this i am in chronic pain. I was taking Valtrex and stopped. It doesn't help. I took an igg and it was negative but I also have oral hsv. This had actually put me in the psyche Hospital and my vag area is in major pain. I don't know what else to do. 

brookeb300

I had to go to the psych hospital too.  Idk.  its awful - not eating is the only thing that might work.

Tense
37 minutes ago, brookeb300 said:

I had to go to the psych hospital too.  Idk.  its awful - not eating is the only thing that might under 

Fasting ok,but,how do you function when you haven't eaten? I have to take meds and afraid of acid reflux getting worse. 

Edited by Tense

brookeb300

i know - it feels impossible.  i do not know .  I do not have it together yet.  still trying.  I think that I would have to fast at least 12 hours every day.  I read that at 12 hrs your body is depleted of arginine or something like that.  anything past 12 hours of fasting and you can start to eat arginine without breaking out.

Tense
1 hour ago, brookeb300 said:

i know - it feels impossible.  i do not know .  I do not have it together yet.  still trying.  I think that I would have to fast at least 12 hours every day.  I read that at 12 hrs your body is depleted of arginine or something like that.  anything past 12 hours of fasting and you can start to eat arginine without breaking out.

I think that's what I do anyway. I eat nothing after 7 p.m and eat breakfast at 7 a.m and then eat every 2 hours. This virus still sucks. Some people here say it made their life better. I don't see how! Lol 6 weeks of hell and now I am finally back to myself!

Tense
1 hour ago, brookeb300 said:

That's good that you have it under control.

Praying I don't have an o.b next month lol

GlitterDx

Research Low Dose Naltrone for fewer outbreaks. It works miracles for me. For fun try switching to famciclovir.

friendlyboy
On 9/12/2017 at 7:00 PM, brookeb300 said:

What is naltrone?

Naltrexone, an opioid antagonist used to treat addiction to alcohol or opioids at dosages around 50 mg/day.

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) is the same drug at much lower daily doses, under 5 mg/day (usually around 3-4.5 mg/day), which has a completely different effect. This new off-label treatment is getting some traction for several illnesses, most of them auto-immune related and some viral like HIV and HVB

https://www.ldnscience.org/research

IcantThinkofaName
On 11/18/2017 at 3:20 PM, brookeb300 said:

very interesting. Do you have the link to article you read about that? I'd like to read it

brookeb300
On 1/8/2018 at 4:03 PM, IcantThinkofaName said:

very interesting. Do you have the link to article you read about that? I'd like to read it

I think it was just from someone's blog.  Arginine is not naturally occurring in our body - the body doesn't make it- so we have to eat it in order to have enough.  So we run out of it when we don't eat it is what the blog said.  I think that's right.

PositiveBear99

Try putting on organic coconut oil all over the area before you go to sleep and let your area breathe by wearing nothing below the waist every night. It helps me and might help you