World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Fighterforlife

Contant OBS, tried everything, even Suppressive Therapy...suggestions?

Fighterforlife

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with HSV-2 Herpes 8 months ago and it's been a roller coaster ride. I've learned to accept it, and have been trying to maintain a positive outlook on my situation and life. However, I constantly having reoccurring outbreaks. I'm talking about every week. Once an outbreak clears up, another follows shortly after. For the most part they are mild, but I can definitely see sores and bumps in the same areas, and automatically know it's another outbreak.

I am currently talking Valtrex daily. I also take Vitamin C, Echinacea, Lysine, and Garlic pills daily. I excercise 3-4 times a week, and eat healthy for the most part. Although I have difficultly sleeping, I do get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I've tried meditation, yoga...everything and I still get them CONSTANTLY. I feel as if my sex life is non existent because of this fear I carry that I will infect someone.

Can someone shed some insight or light on what can be possibly causing these never ending outbreaks based on experiences? Trying to stay positive and live a normal life but it's hard!

hurryup

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time.

My first outbreak was over 15 years ago, and I remember it was quite traumatizing. My frequency of outbreaks has always been low, and now I almost never get them. This is not everyone's experience, but from what I understand most people have reduced outbreaks over time. I don't have much experience with valtrex or any AV's.

You should check the herpes treatment zone on this site. I found quite a few things to try.

Tea tree oil, oregano oil coconut oil etc..

Hang in there. Luckily for you, it looks like a functional cure is a real possibility in the next 5 years or so.

jj8

For me, I can't ever, ever have anything which contains artificial sweeteners. It's 100% for me. If I have it, I get an ob. So no splenda, blue packets, pink packets, mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol.

I had to do a "gut cleanse" and it got much better for me. 

Pm, if you would like any more of what worked for me. 

Good luck! 

charly_c
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, Fighterforlife said:

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with HSV-2 Herpes 8 months ago and it's been a roller coaster ride. I've learned to accept it, and have been trying to maintain a positive outlook on my situation and life. However, I constantly having reoccurring outbreaks. I'm talking about every week. Once an outbreak clears up, another follows shortly after. For the most part they are mild, but I can definitely see sores and bumps in the same areas, and automatically know it's another outbreak.

I am currently talking Valtrex daily. I also take Vitamin C, Echinacea, Lysine, and Garlic pills daily. I excercise 3-4 times a week, and eat healthy for the most part. Although I have difficultly sleeping, I do get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I've tried meditation, yoga...everything and I still get them CONSTANTLY. I feel as if my sex life is non existent because of this fear I carry that I will infect someone.

Can someone shed some insight or light on what can be possibly causing these never ending outbreaks based on experiences? Trying to stay positive and live a normal life but it's hard!

In my own experince, I  try  BHT.  i start with 250mG morning and 250mG in night, after a week i inreased to 500mG in morning and 500mG at night. but as always you need to check allergic reactions (very rare) and dont take any alcohol and blood thinners. You can try also colostrum and monolaurin at same time To strengthen the immune system, also try TO EXCERSISE. In my case my OB's was reduces from 2 times  by each month to 1 time in 4 months and a very short duration (5 to 7 days). Remember that all people react different to chemicals and food supplementals, please be very careful about allergic reaction with BHT and remember that is my personal experience only in all this!

Lisajd

As you are in the first year it's probably something that you need to expect although I can understand how that is making you feel.  Some people have actually changed antivirals and although they are mostly the same it has seemed to have worked.   You are doing all the right things but perhaps you are overdoing it in some areas like the exercise might be hampering your immune system.  I also understand that it can be genetics as well.   Even though some will say there is no evidence that a high arginine diet causes outbreaks have you looked at these foods that you are eating whether they do contain arginine.  

LoveToDance

I was taking a ton of supplements and vitamins because I thought it would help. I decided to stop because I got sick of taking them and spending the money on it. I will say that all of my symptoms reduced. 

Arrowhead

Olive leaf extract

Bht

Monolaurin 

Oil of oregano

Lemon balm topicly

All seem to have good results with many people on these sights. Pick one at a time and go for it.  Good luck

brookeb300

I would try the warrior diet I think i saw it called.  You starve yourself out every day for 16 hours and then eat normally in the eating time.  It is harder to do than you think, most of the time you will be sleeping though during the 16 hours.  This does work for me, I'm not doing it right now but i have to fast in order to get it to really go down.  I think that if I did this it would make a huge difference, so far I haven't but I would try it maybe idk.  its awful sometimes i feel like i can't actually live anymore like i am going to die or something its awful.

Tense

I have the same problem. Although no Dr seems to think I have this i am in chronic pain. I was taking Valtrex and stopped. It doesn't help. I took an igg and it was negative but I also have oral hsv. This had actually put me in the psyche Hospital and my vag area is in major pain. I don't know what else to do. 

brookeb300

I had to go to the psych hospital too.  Idk.  its awful - not eating is the only thing that might work.

Tense
37 minutes ago, brookeb300 said:

I had to go to the psych hospital too.  Idk.  its awful - not eating is the only thing that might under 

Fasting ok,but,how do you function when you haven't eaten? I have to take meds and afraid of acid reflux getting worse. 

Edited by Tense

brookeb300

i know - it feels impossible.  i do not know .  I do not have it together yet.  still trying.  I think that I would have to fast at least 12 hours every day.  I read that at 12 hrs your body is depleted of arginine or something like that.  anything past 12 hours of fasting and you can start to eat arginine without breaking out.

Tense
1 hour ago, brookeb300 said:

i know - it feels impossible.  i do not know .  I do not have it together yet.  still trying.  I think that I would have to fast at least 12 hours every day.  I read that at 12 hrs your body is depleted of arginine or something like that.  anything past 12 hours of fasting and you can start to eat arginine without breaking out.

I think that's what I do anyway. I eat nothing after 7 p.m and eat breakfast at 7 a.m and then eat every 2 hours. This virus still sucks. Some people here say it made their life better. I don't see how! Lol 6 weeks of hell and now I am finally back to myself!

Tense
1 hour ago, brookeb300 said:

That's good that you have it under control.

Praying I don't have an o.b next month lol

friendlyboy
On 9/12/2017 at 7:00 PM, brookeb300 said:

What is naltrone?

Naltrexone, an opioid antagonist used to treat addiction to alcohol or opioids at dosages around 50 mg/day.

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) is the same drug at much lower daily doses, under 5 mg/day (usually around 3-4.5 mg/day), which has a completely different effect. This new off-label treatment is getting some traction for several illnesses, most of them auto-immune related and some viral like HIV and HVB

https://www.ldnscience.org/research

IcantThinkofaName
On 11/18/2017 at 3:20 PM, brookeb300 said:

very interesting. Do you have the link to article you read about that? I'd like to read it

brookeb300
On 1/8/2018 at 4:03 PM, IcantThinkofaName said:

very interesting. Do you have the link to article you read about that? I'd like to read it

I think it was just from someone's blog.  Arginine is not naturally occurring in our body - the body doesn't make it- so we have to eat it in order to have enough.  So we run out of it when we don't eat it is what the blog said.  I think that's right.

PositiveBear99

Try putting on organic coconut oil all over the area before you go to sleep and let your area breathe by wearing nothing below the waist every night. It helps me and might help you 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      By Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      In the study, published in the medical journal Nature, researchers were able to show an inhibitor could be developed to break down the herpes virus associated with Kaposi's sarcoma. Scientists say the research could help in the development of antiviral drugs for both herpes and the Epstein-Barr virus which researchers believe have almost identical structure, a UCLA Health release said. The Epstein-Barr virus is estimated to be present in over 90 percent of the adult population

https://patientdaily.com/stories/511324251-ucla-study-indicates-inhibitor-could-break-down-herpes-virus
    • Trinax0
      By Trinax0
      So I had a rash on my vag. Peeling skin, burning and swollen. Two doctors confirmed it was an allergic reaction to clyndomyacin. While they were checking, they ran an STD test which showed I was positive for chlyamidia. I took meds and cleared that up. My urgent care doctor said I should do a follow up visit and check for syphillis and HIV because those are sometimes connected with Chlamydia. I then went and got tested & my primary care doctor also put on a herpes IgG blood test. All my results were negative except HSV2 I tested as follows : HSV1 negative .02 & HSV2 positive 8.0. In my head I was thinking there no possible way I’ve never had a bump lump lesion nothing ever that resembled herpes before. I did tons of researching and freaking out. My doctor then calls me on Monday and told me “all your tests are negative you do not have any STDs” and i said no no no hold on my “mychart” says I’m HSV positive and it’s a high positive and she said correct you have had it in the past but not currently. And I said that doesn’t make sense once you have it you always have it and she said yes it stays dormant but because you have never had a break out it’s notning to worry about and I’m STD free. I then called my Gyno and asked her the exact same thing & she said “your primary care doctor should not have given you that test that test has a very high rate of false positives and being that you have never had symptoms of herpes in your life it doesn’t make sense that you have herpes. She then told me “your other doctor was correct to presume your test is negative and your STD free” and I said so I’m good I have nothing to worry about? & she said “nope if you ever see a lump bump or open sore I want to see you immediately, however I don’t see that happening” (side note all I could see were the test results not any extra notes or anything else that doctors can see) 
      shoukd I still be concerned ? Should I tell future sex partners i have HSV2? Should i get another blood test ? Do I have herpes or not ? 
    • pseegs
      By pseegs
      So 4 weeks ago I tested positive for HSV 2. igg levels 1.36
      took test about 1 maybe 2  days after my risky exposure which I suspect is where I contracted it I started taking Valtrex.

Anyways I was taking 500 mg of Valtrex since once a day. Also taking an assortment of l-lysine ginger root, oregano oil topical and pill vitamin c list goes on. I have always eaten very clean but for that month I really tried to fast primarily on vegetables and fruits. I also decided to work out a lot of cold showers etc..
      So one month goes by I get tested Igg comes back igg .92 HSV2   that's a low positive right?  would the Valtrex have made it go down to .92?   Then they do a retrace test which I want to find out some more details on pretty sure that means they just run the blood through again and it came back negative this time I think its an igg negative.
      So yeah I'm obviously very glad, this whole situation has made me change my life and it wasn't easy still isn't. I am thankful for that.
      The doctor says she wants to run some more test again but said I should still be considered positive.
      Also could have been exposed to this a few months ago as well just was thinking it was that time because of the burning urination. I got tested one day later after that exposure within 24 hours. would igg even come back 1.36 if it was from then?
      Also if I have tested positive twice both being very low 1.36 and.92  should I get a WB.
      Thanks for reading excited to hear some feedback.

I will get more testing done next week should know more then and share

• WildernessWoman88
      By WildernessWoman88
      Hey everyone!
      I've seen a various posts across various forums regarding disclosing (or not) and have seen a bit of a trend in people thinking that it's 'hard to pass' with one encounter (lol) condoms make it impossible to pass, blah blah blah. So let's just try to compile some short & sweet answers to some basic H transmissions stories and questions...Could be helpful in many ways to lots of people!
      1. Did your giver: show symptoms / asymptomatic / disclose H to you? 
      2. Protected or unprotected? Oral/vaginal/anal? 
      3. How many encountrs with giver? (time frame of encounters ie. one weekend of several months?) 
      4. How were you diagnosed? (swab or blood test)
      5. Are you a symptomatic carrier (showed signs ie. outbreak) or asymptomatic (never showed signs, diagnosed by blood work) 
      6. How long from sexual exposure did you start to show symptoms? 
      7. How long did your primary outbreak last? How frequent have your recurrences been? (ie. one a month/year?) 
      8. How long have you been H+? 
      9. Are you on antivirals only during outbreak or suppressive therapy? Or have you gone the natural route? 
      10. Words or wisdom/support for newbies? 
      I'll go first... 
      1. No visible signs of H. Asymptomatic carrier not diagnosed with at the time so no disclosure. 
      2. Unprotected vaginal/oral. 
      3. 2x in a weekend (Friday night and Sunday morning) 
      4. Positive swab test during terrify primary outbreak. 
      5. Symptomatic HSV2+
      6. Friday/Sunday sex; initial first symptoms started Tuesday and quickly got aggressive. (in hospital by next Sunday) 
      7. OB lasted a few weeks. Cleared up, then I had a couple minor recurrences due to alcohol in following weeks but MINOR in comparison (just more annoying not excruciatingly painful) still working through this ATM. 
      8. I was infected Mar9/18 - diagnosed with Mar23/18.
      9. Antivirals during primary OB; lots of supplements and vitamins every day now and have changed my diet. 
      10. It does get better. Not back to normal better, but better. Take care of yourself and do whatever it needs for you to heal physically and emotionally. Find a good friend/family member/counsellor to confide in to help lessen the burden you are carrying. Get wine drunk with a friend and cry all night. Go to the top of a mountain and scream at the top of your lungs. Amazon shop till you max out your credit card buying things that make you happy. 
      Hope this can help some peope! 
      Love & light everyone! x
    • tommylee
      By tommylee
      Hello my name is Tommy, 
      I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for two years. At the beginning of our relationship everything was going well and we clicked as a couple, until I made the worst possible decision of my life in December 2016. I slept with another woman, unprotected, in which i contracted genital herpes HSV-2 from my one and only sexual encounter with this woman. I deserved it as a punishment for what I had done and felt as if I should even die for what I did. I then had sex with my girlfriend the following January of 2017, in which she contracted genital herpes. She was in hospital and the first break out was very severe. This was the worst moment in my life and will be until I die.

To top it off, after this tragedy in January 2017, the same month i slept with another woman and another throughout the year (not continously). I don't understand how i could be so evil as my girlfriend was still recovering from contracting herpes from me, yet i gave her more emotional heart break. ever since then the relationship has been broken and we fight and violently argue as I have no idea what to do to make this better and she feels 'stuck' with me. she feels like i ruined her life and she is right. I cannot rectify this or cure herpes and this is what is leading me to suicide as my intention in life was never to ruin somebody elses life, but I have. My girlfriend is an admirable woman who has stuck by me through a lot of the bullshit, however I feel like she hates me now as she feels she could have had a much less traumatic experience with any other man and that she is stuck with me as she cannot tell anyone about having herpes due to the societal shame that it brings and how society teaches us to think. 
      My Girlfriend hates me and she wants me to 'fix' the situation but i have no idea what to do as it always comes down to her asking me "well can you take this away from me?"
      I am using multiple forums to try and get opinions from people with Herpes as I am close to killing myself as i feel i have basically committed a sin which is the same as murder and created a monster inside my girlfriend. The relationship cannot be left behind as we do have feelings for eachother but the herpes problem causes violent fights involving police (one occasion) and destruction of goods. 

I have no idea what to do and feel like death is the only answer, i often ask her to kill me or get people to kill me as i feel so lost and powerless and possible like the worst person on the planet, as well as feeling alone as i cannot tell any of my friends about this, none of them know what i have or why my relationship is so unhealthy. I am alone in this world and my girlfriend feels like that also, however i feel alone as well but because i caused the whole situation and gave her herpes any feelings of depression or alienation that i have a null and void because i am the 'bad guy' in the relationship. I am the 'joker' in the batman hypothetically speaking.

I want to die as i have no idea what to do. This is the most complicated situation in my life and there is no way to solve it, no answer, no path, no God that can take this away from me and no cure for herpes.

What do you advise I do to rebuild the relationship and at least TRY to live a life without having to commit suicide?

Create an Account

Our Privacy Policy.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation.