World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Live.around

Tips for a newbie

Live.around

Hello everyone, 

I've been told by the doctor 5 days ago I have herpes, I was shocked for the first two days, crying in my room. I'm trying to change my mindset now, because I know the more stressed and anxious I become the longer it will take for the symptoms to go away. Any advice on what to do?

Also I haven't told anyone, I don't have a partner. I was trying to tell my brother earlier but I just couldn't say it. That's why I decided to join this forum. I noticed I'm starting to get more isolated, I don't want to talk to anyone, I'm ignoring people's calls. Should I tell someone?

Thank you 

WilsoInAus

This sounds like a surprise. Are you able to share what herpes you have been diagnosed with?

Seaturtle3

I was just diagnosed last Monday.. I've been going through the same thing cried for about three days. If you want someone to talk to and learn with let me know I'm here.. we have to stick together and this group has really helped sense I joined. 

tekrope90

feel free to pm me if you need anyone to talk with. Stay strong

i wish
6 hours ago, Live.around said:

Hello everyone, 

I've been told by the doctor 5 days ago I have herpes, I was shocked for the first two days, crying in my room. I'm trying to change my mindset now, because I know the more stressed and anxious I become the longer it will take for the symptoms to go away. Any advice on what to do?

Also I haven't told anyone, I don't have a partner. I was trying to tell my brother earlier but I just couldn't say it. That's why I decided to join this forum. I noticed I'm starting to get more isolated, I don't want to talk to anyone, I'm ignoring people's calls. Should I tell someone?

Thank you 

Sorry to hear of your receiving such a diagnosis but trust you have found a great group, which I am new to myself. I have sound solace here and understand how you feel because I continue to feel the same way. Hopefully, the possible cure trials will show promising results, none of us will have to worry about this again, and this forum will continue to be here as a community to share because there is nothing like having people who understand what you are dealing with. But until then know that you will have all of this forum's support and compassion.

Live.around
On 04/06/2017 at 10:33 PM, Seaturtle3 said:

I was just diagnosed last Monday.. I've been going through the same thing cried for about three days. If you want someone to talk to and learn with let me know I'm here.. we have to stick together and this group has really helped sense I joined. 

Thank you, how are you coping? I'm starting to feel stronger now and my symptoms are almost gone, I just feel a bit weak. I have a doctor appointment next week and then they will tell me what kind of hsv I've got. I don't really understand the difference between them. Hope you are feeling better.