World's Largest Herpes Support Group
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Skye249
      By Skye249
      If I am still getting regular outbreaks two years post-infection does it mean I will likely continue to have them regularly?
      I'm considering going on antiviral suppressive therapy as I have been getting monthly outbreaks over the last four or five months and before that was getting them about every other month. I also get regular itching and tingling, there aren't many days in a month where I feel the virus isn't active or having a physical effect on me.
      But, I am worried that if I start taking them, say for a year, I will find myself back at square one after I come off as nothing will have changed and my immune system still won't be able to fight of the virus.
      I was only diagnosed during my third outbreak so prior to this and for the most part during subsequent outbreaks I have not used antivirals (acyclovir - as I live in the UK), just licodaine for the pain. This is partly due to the fact that I'm never quite sure whether it's an outbreak until the sore appears as my symptoms are so regular and by then it's too late.
      I eat a fairly healthy diet but there's definitely room for improvement. I don't currently take any supplements, but I have just brought some olive leaf extract pills and some red marine algae tablets. I have also just started building up my fitness by jogging.
      The aggravating factors are that I have an addiction to chocolate (read emotional eating issues), a fair bit of stress in my life from my job and a bad relationship with my 'giver', but that's another issue entirely.
      Basically I'm wondering whether a) I should persevere with a healthier lifestyle and give the natural route one last chance or b) go on the antivirals for a while to give myself some respite and then just see what happens while continuing said healthier lifestyle.
      Advice/thoughts welcome.
    • james7green
      By james7green
      Hiya, 
      I just wanted to firstly say how relieved I am that I found this community. The work you all have put in over the years is so impressive and you have collectively created an incredible resource. THANK YOU! 
      I was wondering if I could reach out to all of you and ask for some help. I have been recently diagnosed with gHSV-2 but my first OB was two years ago. Each OB after the initial one took place while I was travelling and I could never get to a Dr in time for a definitive test. In a a way I am now relieved because at least I know with certainty what I have. 
      In the last two years I have had at least 12-15 OBs. From what I have been reading on this forum my OBs are mild and not too painful. Having said that they are a major cause of stress for me. They usually occur between the head of my penis and the foreskin but recently I have started developing OBs on my upper thigh/below my butt. Now that you have read my longwinded backstory I will cut to the chase ;-) 
      I am scheduled to see my Dr in London to talk about the choices I have going forward. I am seriously considering a suppression therapy because even though my OBs are "mild" and painless they do last for many weeks. With so many outbreaks a year I am hoping that a suppression therapy will minimise the stress I go through and make the OBs less frequent. 
      What do you think is the "best" suppression therapy available out there? I usually take Acyclovir during OBs and that seems to be working well. I just wanted to hear your thoughts on a possible long term suppression therapy and the side effects it might have. Is there a preferred and proven medication I should discuss with my Dr? 
      I apologise in advance for the probably redundant post and than you in advance for reading this and pointing me in the right direction on the forums. Cheers
      James. 
    • Darbouxie79
      By Darbouxie79
      Anyone out there had experience with herp-b-gone? I am ob free but I got the salve in the mail yesterday so I put some on. This morning I'm experiencing cramping in the seat area (like where a bicycle seat hits). Could it be related?
    • Jeremy Spokein
      By Jeremy Spokein
      Hi everyone,
      I've just been diagnosed and I'm still wrapping my head around this whole ordeal. I can't sleep at all, even though I'm supposed to get plenty of rest. Anyhow, the thought of having to take medicine that could be potentially damaging to the kidneys is really troublesome. Is this a concern for anyone else?
      I was looking at alternative forms of medicine and read about the herb Prunella vulgaris and the mushroom Rozites caperata (Gypsy Mushroom) for suppressive therapy – in addition to garlic supplements daily.
      Does anyone have any personal experience with this WITHOUT being on the antiviral pills? Of course including a healthy diet, exercise also.
      Thanks for your input
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • BioHacker
      Morality aside, it could be that your "disclosure" talk is not as reassuring as it could be. With awareness of diagnosis, suppressive meds, and condoms every time, the risk of male-to-female transmission is very low. How low? If you and a female partner were having sex twice a week, it would be a 1-in-600 year event. Assuming precautions are taken, your female partner would be likely to die of old age without ever getting HSV, even of you had sex with her multiple times every day without a single day off for the rest of your life.
    • sadangel22
      For those of you with GHSV 1 or 2 how did you know you were having a second outbreak? I was diagnosed with GHSV-1 a month ago and have had no symptoms till now. For the past two days I've been super itchy but there are no bumps/ulcers like last time. I read somewhere that some people experience periodic itchiness and no other symptoms so I'm wondering, is this super common and is what is happening to me? Or do I need to prepare myself that this is most likely a second outbreak in it's initial stages? 
    • hunger4more
      We havent cured things not because we can't its because profits are a bigger priority. Trust me when I say I know it sounds like conspiracy talk but look at where and what they throw money at.... sickness is lucrative. So is death (War) The military budget is criminal to say the least, as is Nasa's budget That's just simple math, then look at all the obscene hurdles set in place to help deter anyone from going the distance. They only cry ethics when it comes to anything that could potentially benefit the greater good.
    • WilsoInAus
      I think it is very important for you to find out whether you carry HSV-1 or not. If you do, then any concerns you may have about HSV-1 are negligible. Many people carry an oral HSV-1, like your partner. This will be the only region of her body infected, that is the mouth in a practical sense. No contact with the mouth means no chance of infection for you. Hence there are zero issues with vaginal sex and you giving her oral. Kissing and you receiving oral sex are the feasible transmission possibilities. Perhaps the second is of minor concern, but your choice. If you decide you're never going to kiss a girl because she has HSV-1 orally then that will be your loss. Most girls have HSV-1 and all the cute ones!
    • WilsoInAus
      I disagree, we have made a significant contribution to keeping it on track and ensuring the OP has the correct information to cogitate upon. Let's keep the good work up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.