World's Largest Herpes Support Group
stilllivinglife1980

anyone know of any natural remedies

stilllivinglife1980

hi there I'm just wondering if anybody has any pointers on how to choose natural remedies to sue the herpes sores when they are at their worst

stilllivinglife1980

I tried everything that is suggesting on every website and everything stings

tekrope90

I have a pretty detailed thread, titled new but wanted to share. I wouldnt suggest doing the extreme regime i did, but stick to like 2 things and see how your body responds. Id suggest iodine via lugols and oil of oregano.

stilllivinglife1980

well I tried oil of Oregon directly on all my wounds and it was too painful for me because I have one on my clitoris and I don't know it's stung so bad it Felt like it hit some nerves

I want to find something that dries them up but at the same time is soothing

Edited by stilllivinglife1980

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Skye249
      By Skye249
      If I am still getting regular outbreaks two years post-infection does it mean I will likely continue to have them regularly?
      I'm considering going on antiviral suppressive therapy as I have been getting monthly outbreaks over the last four or five months and before that was getting them about every other month. I also get regular itching and tingling, there aren't many days in a month where I feel the virus isn't active or having a physical effect on me.
      But, I am worried that if I start taking them, say for a year, I will find myself back at square one after I come off as nothing will have changed and my immune system still won't be able to fight of the virus.
      I was only diagnosed during my third outbreak so prior to this and for the most part during subsequent outbreaks I have not used antivirals (acyclovir - as I live in the UK), just licodaine for the pain. This is partly due to the fact that I'm never quite sure whether it's an outbreak until the sore appears as my symptoms are so regular and by then it's too late.
      I eat a fairly healthy diet but there's definitely room for improvement. I don't currently take any supplements, but I have just brought some olive leaf extract pills and some red marine algae tablets. I have also just started building up my fitness by jogging.
      The aggravating factors are that I have an addiction to chocolate (read emotional eating issues), a fair bit of stress in my life from my job and a bad relationship with my 'giver', but that's another issue entirely.
      Basically I'm wondering whether a) I should persevere with a healthier lifestyle and give the natural route one last chance or b) go on the antivirals for a while to give myself some respite and then just see what happens while continuing said healthier lifestyle.
      Advice/thoughts welcome.
    • james7green
      By james7green
      Hiya, 
      I just wanted to firstly say how relieved I am that I found this community. The work you all have put in over the years is so impressive and you have collectively created an incredible resource. THANK YOU! 
      I was wondering if I could reach out to all of you and ask for some help. I have been recently diagnosed with gHSV-2 but my first OB was two years ago. Each OB after the initial one took place while I was travelling and I could never get to a Dr in time for a definitive test. In a a way I am now relieved because at least I know with certainty what I have. 
      In the last two years I have had at least 12-15 OBs. From what I have been reading on this forum my OBs are mild and not too painful. Having said that they are a major cause of stress for me. They usually occur between the head of my penis and the foreskin but recently I have started developing OBs on my upper thigh/below my butt. Now that you have read my longwinded backstory I will cut to the chase ;-) 
      I am scheduled to see my Dr in London to talk about the choices I have going forward. I am seriously considering a suppression therapy because even though my OBs are "mild" and painless they do last for many weeks. With so many outbreaks a year I am hoping that a suppression therapy will minimise the stress I go through and make the OBs less frequent. 
      What do you think is the "best" suppression therapy available out there? I usually take Acyclovir during OBs and that seems to be working well. I just wanted to hear your thoughts on a possible long term suppression therapy and the side effects it might have. Is there a preferred and proven medication I should discuss with my Dr? 
      I apologise in advance for the probably redundant post and than you in advance for reading this and pointing me in the right direction on the forums. Cheers
      James. 
    • Darbouxie79
      By Darbouxie79
      Anyone out there had experience with herp-b-gone? I am ob free but I got the salve in the mail yesterday so I put some on. This morning I'm experiencing cramping in the seat area (like where a bicycle seat hits). Could it be related?
    • Jeremy Spokein
      By Jeremy Spokein
      Hi everyone,
      I've just been diagnosed and I'm still wrapping my head around this whole ordeal. I can't sleep at all, even though I'm supposed to get plenty of rest. Anyhow, the thought of having to take medicine that could be potentially damaging to the kidneys is really troublesome. Is this a concern for anyone else?
      I was looking at alternative forms of medicine and read about the herb Prunella vulgaris and the mushroom Rozites caperata (Gypsy Mushroom) for suppressive therapy – in addition to garlic supplements daily.
      Does anyone have any personal experience with this WITHOUT being on the antiviral pills? Of course including a healthy diet, exercise also.
      Thanks for your input
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Quest
      Right, that's why you spend every waking moment here because you have "PhD's and degrees" That's comical! If you're not messing with someone and hijacking a thread, you get the shakes!
    • MiLoBeng
      Yeah. I missed my old normal life too.
    • blurneworder
      Headaches and brain fog for me. It sucks i can’t eat grain or sugar anymore
    • MiLoBeng
      I wouldn't say HSV is totally harmless at all as it still poses risk for the women who's pregnant/in labor (despite of having antiviral to reduce the risk = it's never 100% risk-free either) + fatal disease to the babies (kiss of death lol..) + small % of people who are immunocompromised might be in danger because of the virus  Even though HSV doesn't kill us but it sure did create lots of inconvenience in our daily lives = Avoiding your favourite food (because of triggers) + disclosing issues in dating + mental stress (because it's incurable + stigma everywhr) + sex issues with loved one (scared of transmission) + dealing with OBs Most doctors (not all) out there only said it's harmless because it won't kill you (they couldn't care less of how you're going to deal or live with it) 🙂  *Some might even not saying anything at all (they just prescribe some med and sent you home) 😐
    • blurneworder
      Break free Wilsoanus! Accept you are wrong about diagnosing herpes.   theres a world out there for you to join and get a life! I noticed the flurry of new accounts making posts recently that you comment on before others. The original poster then praises you. Nice try creating fake profiles. You are a worse troll than Jay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.