World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
GlitterDx

Herpes vaccine news

GlitterDx

Herpes Article 

Harvey Friedman, a professor of medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. A

"But herpes is a crafty adversary. "The virus contains evasion molecules that allow it to escape your immune system's antibodies," Friedman explains. "That's why we've developed a two-pronged strategy." Along with encouraging your immune system to create those cell entry-blocking antibodies, Friedman's vaccine also prevents the herpes virus from putting on a disguise that hides it from your immune system. "

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/why-we-dont-have-a-herpes-vaccine-yet?utm_source=tonictwitterus

Edited by GlitterDx

GlitterDx

The new “trivalent” vaccine induces antibodies against three different parts of the virus, including two components that normally help HSV2 evade immune attack.

More scientific explanation 

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2017/january/new-genital-herpes-vaccine-candidate-provides-powerful-protection-in-preclinical-tests

Lauren401

"Of course, there are other researchers working on herpes vaccines—as well as treatments. But none are farther along the road to approval and adoption than Friedman's. So while there's hope, the hopeful will have to sit tight a while longer."

Is this actually true? (from the first link sent) @GlitterDx

GlitterDx

Who knows. They are all tooting their own horn. But the more the merrier until then.

"Trivalent" sounds good tho. ;)

Edited by GlitterDx

howardsmith8888

@GlitterDx Thank you for sharing these articles.  However, please be advised that they were not recently posted - the second being from January.

OffTheGrid
On 6/5/2017 at 4:21 PM, GlitterDx said:

Who knows. They are all tooting their own horn. But the more the merrier until then.

"Trivalent" sounds good tho. ;)

They might just find the perfect combination with all these scientists testing it from multiple directions. Hopefully they could collaberate then expedite one by tweaking the formula already moving through the trial process. Herpes multi-unit think tank / laboratory financed by entrepreneurs!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• TCBH
      By TCBH
      Hey all,
      Found this on GEN-03, the vaccine that couldn't fund the final trials.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31103365?dopt=Abstract  Seems like they are trying to find investors possibly.  Does anyone have insight on this?  I would love to have a series of vaccine shots versus a daily antiviral pill.

• Quest
      By Quest
      Clues to building a better herpes vaccine
      by Ziba Kashef, Yale University
      https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-06-clues-herpes-vaccine.html

"Senior investigator Akiko Iwasaki and her colleagues conducted several experiments in mice vaccinated against the herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2). The researchers first found that the HSV-2 antibody the body produces in response to vaccination was not present in the vaginal cavity where it is most needed to protect against infection. They also learned that when specialized immune cells, called memory B cells, are physically drawn to the genital area, they produce and insert the antibody in the inner vaginal tissue. HavingBb I to the antibody circulating in the blood alone is not enough to protect against genital herpes infection, and a different strategy is needed to deliver the protective antibody in the future, Iwasaki said.
      These results may explain why herpes vaccines that have been developed to date have not worked, say the researchers. The findings also support a different approach to vaccination, such as "prime and pull," which Iwasaki's lab has been investigating. This strategy involves combining conventional vaccination to trigger an immune response throughout the body (prime) and "c
      hemokines," or signaling proteins, in vaginal tissue to attract another immune cell type, memory T cells, to the site where infection happens (pull). The team is currently working on establishing a successful prime-and-pull vaccine based on T cells and B cells."

• ManagingIllness
      By ManagingIllness
      Full paper here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X18315652
      Note sure if anyone wrote about this. I couldn't find any results for VC2 in the site's search. This is a live attenuated vaccine from Louisiana State University. The results do not seem super promising, as reducing shedding/recurrance by < 70% pre-clinical is common in many discontinued vaccines. Still, research is being done, which is always great!
      Prophylactic conclusions:
      "Our studies also showed that VC2 vaccine decreases the clinical severity of acute and recurrent HSV-2 disease in guinea pigs when provided by intramuscular vaccination. During the primary infection, animals vaccinated with VC2 had a significant decrease in clinical severity and replicating virus in the vaginal vault. Prophylactic vaccination also decreased the quantity of virus in the DRGs when compared to the No Treatment group. The ability to protect neural tissue from latent infection probably contributed to the decrease in the number of animals with recurrent lesions by 67% and the number of days with recurrent vaginal shedding by 46%. This reduction in shedding is particularly important because transmission of HSV-2 to uninfected persons is largely due to asymptomatic shedding [38], [39]."
      Theraputic conclusions:
      "When tested as a therapeutic vaccine, i.e., one designed to decrease recurrent disease and recurrent virus shedding in those already infected with HSV, the VC2 vaccine was not effective although it did reduce recurrent shedding, at least when compared to the gD2 vaccine. This may be because live attenuated vaccines have only limited replication in hosts that are already infected and thus do not have much of an impact in improving the immune response. Because infected hosts have frequent reactivations of virus that would be similar to a live vaccine inoculation it may be difficult for the vaccine to improve the immune response unless it is able to induce responses not activated by the host’s recurrent virus replication."
    • Editas83
      By Editas83
      I'm sure a lot of you Google "hsv2-cure" daily like me. Looks like there may be a twinkle of hope. Not a cure, but at least some new news.
      https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/gen-003-therapeutic-bivalent-vaccine-candidate-genital-herpes-simplex-virus-type-2-hsv-2

• Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      By Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      Found a good article what do you think ?
      https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/can-we-gene-edit-herpes-away-180968551/
  • Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

• HerpesOrNot
      @DJwah curious about your results. anything you can share?
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks. Did you experience general discomfort when urinating for quite a while after the excruciating part was done, or was it instantly over after the week with antivirals? 
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks for the response.  I have been tested for HSV over and over for 5 months (IgM 1 time and IgG over 5 times) and been negative on everything, including a swab of a red rash and of an irritated urethral opening.  My very first symptom of anything was VERY painful urination that lasted about a day or two if I recall, followed a week or so later by a sore throat, chills, night sweats, and fatigue.  Things settled for maybe a few days, then came an extremely itchy anus/rectum with redness for weeks, itchy groin with no redness at all, then eventual red, itchy rash in groin and increase in redness on penile skin with mild itching. Never had a lesion or blister anywhere from what I've seen. Nothing seems to coincide with typical herpes, but herpes isn't always typical from what I've learned. Creams of all kinds from doctors are not helping at all.  I seem to have a new bug no one has ever come across (doubtful), or an atypical case of herpes or something similar. 
    • WilsoInAus
      No, Sebi was a fraud. This article is an interesting summary. https://www.thebody.com/article/dr-sebi-did-not-cure-hiv-nipsey-hussle-documentary If you’re basing the possibility of ‘cures’ on Sebi, I’ve got a car for sale that’s had one careful lady driver! Its simply fact that of the 40 billion people who have ever had HSV 1/2, not one eradicated it from their body.
    • Mr Fasting
      I'm amazed people do not think outside the box and to go to great efforts to reply to me saying "it's not curable" I simply cannot understand. If you truly believe Western Medicine and they say it's not curable then whatever they claim in the future you will live your life with their scientific proof. I simply have posted here to hear from like minded people who are juicing and doing colonics to see what their results are. People who have had cancer have cured it with a alternative lifestyle becoming vegan etc so if cancer is cureable who can't you open your mind and just think could hsv be curable? did you know Dr Sebi was taken to court because he claimed he cured someone with Aids? He turned up with 25 people who he cured of all illnesses and was let off. So please spare me your thought's of "It's not curable" as I will never belive that. Unless you have some experiences with juicing and colonics you wish to share then do not comment on this thread. Will no longer reply to closed minded sad people like yourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.