Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
RRR

New to this

Recommended Posts

RRR

Hey, just diagnosed 3 days ago. I went to the ER 3 days before that they basically told me I had genital  herpes. I am 23 and never imagined myself here. I've only had 5 sexual partners and that's what upsets me. I know people who've had sex with dozens and seem To be STD free. I'm really struggling on how to tell my mother and brother we are all really close. Any advice? Was thinking about waiting a couple of months until I figured out how to deal with this but it's hard keeping it in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disc0rdant
38 minutes ago, RRR said:

Hey, just diagnosed 3 days ago. I went to the ER 3 days before that they basically told me I had genital  herpes. I am 23 and never imagined myself here. I've only had 5 sexual partners and that's what upsets me. I know people who've had sex with dozens and seem To be STD free. I'm really struggling on how to tell my mother and brother we are all really close. Any advice? Was thinking about waiting a couple of months until I figured out how to deal with this but it's hard keeping it in.

 

Keep it in for now.  I know of family members that blabbed to other family members who blabbed.  I know my sister in law's sister has hsv2.  Stupid.  I should not know this!

Trust me.  I tell people openly I have hsv1.  There is still stigma, but not near as high.  I get it, though.  Hsv1 is everywhere and recurs seldom.  Just post on here.  

By the way, I have only had 5 partners but my wife cheated.  I turned down random women who have thrown sex at me or my precious # would be about 10.  I got lucky over all....  

I test.  Always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disc0rdant
44 minutes ago, RRR said:

Hey, just diagnosed 3 days ago. I went to the ER 3 days before that they basically told me I had genital  herpes. I am 23 and never imagined myself here. I've only had 5 sexual partners and that's what upsets me. I know people who've had sex with dozens and seem To be STD free. I'm really struggling on how to tell my mother and brother we are all really close. Any advice? Was thinking about waiting a couple of months until I figured out how to deal with this but it's hard keeping it in.

 

I am sorry you are going through this, kid.  Be gentle to yourself.  Do you know what type yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpg

I'm so sorry you're going through this, though you have come to the right place! I'm 24 and only a few months into having this diagnosis, I still have my bad days! You're more than welcome to contact me if you ever need the support, either way there are some great people here! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lisajd

you feel its unfair you got herpes with inly having had a few partners.   Many people have sex with one person and  get herpes.  it does not matter how many times you do or don't have sex.  If you have sex you risk getting an STD and how do you know that those people don't actually have herpes.  It does not make you any less of a person if you have lots of sex and it doesn't mean that you deserve herpes because you have lots of sex either. 

 

I understand that you feel getting herpes at a young age sucks but I also want to tell you that you have so much you can still do with your life and there is so much you can enjoy and herpes will not stop you from doing that.

You don't really need to tell anybody other than someone you are going to be sexual with that you have the virus but certainly a close friend or your mother would be a good support for you.  The best thing you can do is actually educate yourself about the virus so you understand what it means for you going forward and also the risks and precautions and once you do that you will see that it is not such a bad thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RRR
6 hours ago, Disc0rdant said:

I am sorry you are going through this, kid.  Be gentle to yourself.  Do you know what type yet?

 

6 hours ago, Disc0rdant said:

I am sorry you are going through this, kid.  Be gentle to yourself.  Do you know what type yet?

I don't I assumed it was 2 because it was around my vagina, is that not always the case? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RRR
4 hours ago, Lisajd said:

you feel its unfair you got herpes with inly having had a few partners.   Many people have sex with one person and  get herpes.  it does not matter how many times you do or don't have sex.  If you have sex you risk getting an STD and how do you know that those people don't actually have herpes.  It does not make you any less of a person if you have lots of sex and it doesn't mean that you deserve herpes because you have lots of sex either. 

 

I understand that you feel getting herpes at a young age sucks but I also want to tell you that you have so much you can still do with your life and there is so much you can enjoy and herpes will not stop you from doing that.

You don't really need to tell anybody other than someone you are going to be sexual with that you have the virus but certainly a close friend or your mother would be a good support for you.  The best thing you can do is actually educate yourself about the virus so you understand what it means for you going forward and also the risks and precautions and once you do that you will see that it is not such a bad thing. 

Thank you. I have been doing a lot of reading about it. It doesn't seem so bad, I guess the stigma of it all is what gets me the most. 

 

Do do you have any go to websites or Or should. Just be  googling stuff? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whyyyyy
55 minutes ago, RRR said:

 

I don't I assumed it was 2 because it was around my vagina, is that not always the case? 

So you can have either type down there and research says it makes a difference...gentital hsv1 tends to be milder according to experts and sheds less (is less transmittable)... people typically get it from receiving oral sex from someone who gets cold sores. 

56 minutes ago, RRR said:

Thank you. I have been doing a lot of reading about it. It doesn't seem so bad, I guess the stigma of it all is what gets me the most. 

 

Do do you have any go to websites or Or should. Just be  googling stuff? 

Pinktent.com is a good resource 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disc0rdant
13 hours ago, RRR said:

 

I don't I assumed it was 2 because it was around my vagina, is that not always the case? 

It could be either type.  If type 1, so many folks have it...  In my opinion, easier to deal w both physically and mentally.  It doesnt make it less painful when you have a sore, though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,313
    • Total Posts
      475,404
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

  • Posts

    • HerpesOrNot
      @DJwah curious about your results. anything you can share?
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks. Did you experience general discomfort when urinating for quite a while after the excruciating part was done, or was it instantly over after the week with antivirals? 
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks for the response.  I have been tested for HSV over and over for 5 months (IgM 1 time and IgG over 5 times) and been negative on everything, including a swab of a red rash and of an irritated urethral opening.  My very first symptom of anything was VERY painful urination that lasted about a day or two if I recall, followed a week or so later by a sore throat, chills, night sweats, and fatigue.  Things settled for maybe a few days, then came an extremely itchy anus/rectum with redness for weeks, itchy groin with no redness at all, then eventual red, itchy rash in groin and increase in redness on penile skin with mild itching. Never had a lesion or blister anywhere from what I've seen. Nothing seems to coincide with typical herpes, but herpes isn't always typical from what I've learned. Creams of all kinds from doctors are not helping at all.  I seem to have a new bug no one has ever come across (doubtful), or an atypical case of herpes or something similar. 
    • WilsoInAus
      No, Sebi was a fraud. This article is an interesting summary. https://www.thebody.com/article/dr-sebi-did-not-cure-hiv-nipsey-hussle-documentary If you’re basing the possibility of ‘cures’ on Sebi, I’ve got a car for sale that’s had one careful lady driver! Its simply fact that of the 40 billion people who have ever had HSV 1/2, not one eradicated it from their body.
    • Mr Fasting
      I'm amazed people do not think outside the box and to go to great efforts to reply to me saying "it's not curable" I simply cannot understand. If you truly believe Western Medicine and they say it's not curable then whatever they claim in the future you will live your life with their scientific proof. I simply have posted here to hear from like minded people who are juicing and doing colonics to see what their results are. People who have had cancer have cured it with a alternative lifestyle becoming vegan etc so if cancer is cureable who can't you open your mind and just think could hsv be curable? did you know Dr Sebi was taken to court because he claimed he cured someone with Aids? He turned up with 25 people who he cured of all illnesses and was let off. So please spare me your thought's of "It's not curable" as I will never belive that. Unless you have some experiences with juicing and colonics you wish to share then do not comment on this thread. Will no longer reply to closed minded sad people like yourselves.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.