World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Plsneedhelp

Talking to my bf about ghsv2... Advice wanted

Plsneedhelp

So recently I took a trip to the doctor to treat my horrible bv. Also months after telling my bf for the second time I tested positive for herpes 2.( Previously I've been positive then equivocal and back to positive). Well anyway Saturday after we had unprotected sex as we always have, he asked me did I take another test. I explained to him I didn't but I did speak with a new doctor she wasn't sold on me having herpes and thought I was being "too worried," recommended i see a dermatologist. Well he then continues to say if i really have it, he just wants to know. He said he didn't care but I'm not sure in what context he meant that cos he just said it out if nowhere. He even corrected himself after saying how having it was embarrassing but I guess he thought about how that made me feel then said it wasn't embarrassing it was just a lot. I told him I really didn't know i don't understand all what's happening being told different things but I think we should assume I do and hence the positive result and I wanted to start using protection( which I've told him before). Since then we've yet to wear a condom. I asked him if he had been experiencing symptoms because before when I've brought this up he'd get extremely irate and start saying some pretty fucked up shit -which I understood- but now he seemed to have a softer spot like he wanted to understand. He doesn't have any sores or anything but he has been complaining about his nose being stuffy and congestion which I believe are just allergies since he works outdoors. He was tested a month ago and remains negative. Once we ended the conversation he goes "well I just want you to tell me what's going on because I don't want to hear anything in the end when you get mad about something". I asked him what did he mean, like I would yell out in a argument "that's why I have herpes!" because I could have done that years ago since we've been dating. I want to bring the conversation up with him again but he made it clear he didn't want to discuss this anymore, but I don't understand if he's not having any symptoms why does he keep asking me about something we've discussed. I don't believe he's gonna leave me I mean when I first told him he flipped out but he never left me he even kept having sex with me unprotected even when I told him we shouldn't. I'm just so confused about what I should do. I've been backing away from sex with him because I sense that he's worried but he's in a hard place. He obviously loves me to deal with this but I know he doesn't want to have to really deal with this. I've read the statistics and how he's more likely to get me pregnant than I am to give him herpes. Which I assume is try since he's negative and I just gave birth January and now I'm pregnant again (haven't told him yet). I don't want to make him angry but I do think we may need to have another conversation about this. I told him I was making another doctors appointment and i would have the doctor speak with him about herpes and all my results if that'll ease him, but he's declined. What do y'all thibk? Am I handling this appropriately? How do I bring this conversation up again? I hate having this responsibility, this shit is so hard to talk about. I'm constantly worried about his health about our babies health. Any conversation would be much appreciated right now.

background: *Had a hookup with cousins bff used protection.. *Didn't pee or bath had to be up for work early.. *Woke up late about 6 am vagina felt like I had discharge gushing out. Got home looked in mirror vagina looked cloudy. Gooogled some home rememides used tea tree oil drunk buttermilk before ultimately using Monistat... Woke up to piss burned like a mfer. * Diagnosed visually the next day... Initially test showed bv got tested again a year later had a low positive result treated with rocephin shot and doxycycline. *After receiving positive result I attempted to kill myself ex bf found me unresponsive took me to hospital, thrown onto psych floor once I was released from the icu. * at that time I had lesions on me which I noticed literally shriveled up and disappear. The dead skin from the lesions literally feel off. I assumed the meds worked and it must have been something else * tested months later after being released from psych ward and had a equivocal result doctor assured me if I tested again id be negative. *well my dumbass slept with the guy who started all this itchiness in my jungle and once again I had lesions on me (this would be a new year) *tested positive again January 17'

Plsneedhelp
26 minutes ago, Felina88 said:

Have you seen your boyfriend's results?

No

Lisajd

You need to ascertain 100% whether you have hsv or not. If you get lesions get them swabbed. Maybe you just need to be frank with your bf and tell him hes giving you mixed messages

Plsneedhelp
5 minutes ago, Lisajd said:

You need to ascertain 100% whether you have hsv or not. If you get lesions get them swabbed. Maybe you just need to be frank with your bf and tell him hes giving you mixed messages

Yea that sounds better than the approach I had. I still haven't told him I'm pregnant again and I didn't want to ruin the conversation with herpes talk again. He has a bad temper so maybe telling him I'm pregnant first will ease the tension if any. 

1aday

Yea if you aren't sure what you have, then at the very least use protection to reduce the risk (or maybe even abstain for now?), to protect your bf.  Some guys tend to not think with their brain, but their head down there instead.  I've read some stories where they don't use protection, even when fully aware of the positive diagnosis of his partner, then freaks out when he feels sensations down there.

Plsneedhelp
11 minutes ago, 1aday said:

Yea if you aren't sure what you have, then at the very least use protection to reduce the risk (or maybe even abstain for now?), to protect your bf.  Some guys tend to not think with their brain, but their head down there instead.  I've read some stories where they don't use protection, even when fully aware of the positive diagnosis of his partner, then freaks out when he feels sensations down there.

And that's what I'm afraid of. I felt like he was trying to trick me or something like set me up. "Its okay if you do," and if I say well yes I do (even though I've told him I've had positive test) then boom here comes his scary side. He's making it seem like it'll be okay but won't put on the condom. I've asked him if you're uncomfortable lets wear a condom or just agree to raise our baby and that's all. 

Edited by Plsneedhelp
Incomplete

Plsneedhelp

Well after finding out the guy who have me herpes know he had it, I told my bf and he left me. Thanks guys 

Lisajd

Sounds like he wasnt a good guy anyway.  You will be ok

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• TerribleAtUserNames
      By TerribleAtUserNames
      Hi there, 
      Long time lurker, first time poster, and I'll keep it simple and condensed. 
      I've only signed up because I realize the depths of suffering some people are in, trying all sorts of desperate treatments, and I've basically been sitting on something that has taken me to near 0 outbreaks (hsv1 genital).
      When I first got infected some years back, I had an atypical presentation--no pain or itching, but permanently there. Bumps going up and down within the same day even, but pretty much permanently covering the head of my penis. Doctor swabbed it--came back hsv 1; he said it looked like it to him too. 
      Now to the meat of it--rubbing alcohol.
      Its simple, and I'm pretty surprised that I've only seen it mentioned once here--a woman was talking about it, so I assume it works for girls too. I apply once daily, to once every 3 days, and that keeps me pretty much permanently outbreak free. 
      It quite literally went from every day broken out for me to just about nothing. Anyway, to the what and where of it all... 

I use 99% isopropyl. 70% seems good too. I now have a spray bottle, but used to just dump it on the head and roll my foreskin up over it for like 20ish seconds--whatever process is actually happening, I like to think I'm facilitating absorption into the soft tissue by doing this and wreaking havoc on the virus. Obviously, you may have to do it a bit differently, genital depending.
      I've been doing this treatment for a few years now, so it has staying power. I read once that herpes is shreded by alcohol, so if true, I guess that explains it? However, iterupting regular treatment seems to have anecdotally, but not with great surety, made the herpes a bit less suceptible to the alcohol upon resumption. 
      Yes, it burns terribly at first. Over time it gets better. Some days it still really burns, and in those cases I advise listening to your body and cutting the countdown short. Other than that, it feels really damn good to basically tell herpes to eff off. 
      I don't know what kind of health risks there are. Or whether using a high % grain (drinking) alcohol would work / be healthier. I advise asking your doctor--afterall, alchohol is implicated in throat cancer. Who knows if 20-30 seconds daily on your junk can do something too. 
      But for those who struggle constantly, I truly hope this can help someone other than just me. 

I also hope that this finds its way to the right forum. I wanted it in a place where casual, straight from Google, viewers would see it when they came here, and I'm hoping--and asking, please--that if I didn't get it in the right place, a moderator can instead. And, should it help as I suggest, perhaps even stickying it one day. 
      I'm sorry in advance, I'm not a big forum person and don't come here crazy often. It just felt like something I should do for everyone else's sake. Hopefully you can excuse me if I'm an absentee topic starter. 
      Thanks for reading,
      - Taylor

Edit:
      I forgot to add in any negative effects I've experienced. 
      Sometimes, if its burning more than usual and I leave it too long, it does make the skin pinker than it should be, and sore. 
      The big question, what about loss of sensitivity? I worried that may happen, and its possible actually that I've lost some amount. But if I have, it wasn't even enough to remember when posting this originally, hahaha.
      Still every body is different, so I can only speak for me. But yes, for me, my sensitivity down there is still in great shape. 
      Over the last few years I've on average had less stiff erections, and dysfunction, which I never had before. However, I've also been less physically healthy, I've been mentally disengaged and highly anxious around sex and sexuality (and when I'm not anxious, it often improves quite a bit), I read once that herpes itself can actually cause forms of ED, and I'm also now out of my 20's, so... 
      Possibly related? But also very possibly unrelated to the alcohol. I'm biased though, both in mentality and my words here. So, perhaps consult a doctor if you're concerned. 
      Cheers! 
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      Hey guys and girls,
      Yesterday I was diagnosed with genital hsv-1. I’ve been taking medicine for this since Tuesday though. Last week Saturday I had my first outbreak, I realized it on Friday, but thought it was an ingrown hair until the guy I was dating staring moving funny on Saturday morning (I haven’t received oral or penetration from him in like two weeks though). I went to urgent care on Saturday morning. When initially went to the DR he said it just looked as if my skin was irritated and gave me some cream to put on it. I know my body though so I failed to believe it was just irritated skin. He drew blood because he felt as if I didn’t have enough for the culture (he still performed one though). Anyway, I started researching to figure out how I could soothe my pain and decided to go to the free clinic where I lived. The obgyn looked at my outbreak and told me it was herpes. She also took a culture, but put me on medicine right away. I’ve been taking the medicine twice a day, have been using Dermoplast to numb my vag so I can use the bathroom (I haven’t used it in a couple of days though because it’s easier to use it without having to deal with it burning), taking epsom salt baths multiple times a day, using tea tree oil, and placing an ice pack on it at night. When i first thought I had HSV I wanted to die...like literally wanted to end it all because 9/10 I used condoms during sex and can literally count how many times I’ve had sex. But then I decided to just educate myself. Yesterday, dr #1 called me back for my results and told me it was genital hsv1. I feel like a lot of us forgets the danger of having unprotected oral. I’ve contacted all the partners I’ve ever had and told them to get checked for hsv 1 and 2 so they won’t infect an innocent girl. How do you guys deal with gHSV1? How often do you have recurrences? Are any of you on suppressive therapy?
    • Marley91
      By Marley91
      I was diagnosed with HSV2 in the form of whitlow on the palm of my hand over a year ago. 
      Since then I have had breakouts almost every single month, sometimes more. I take valcyclovir 1000mg daily and had been ob free for a couple of months. I missed one day of medication and am now struggling with a terrible outbreak. 
      My anxiety is through the roof- especially with the fear of viral shedding when I don’t have an ob.  
      When I have an ob I am EXTREMELY fatigued and can barely function. Does anyone else get run down this easily? I know it’s only supposed to happen with the first outbreak but I’m going on 15+ in the last year with terrible side effects. 
      Will I need to wear a bandaid for the rest of my life- even when not experiencing an ob?? I get massages regularly and am always paranoid when they massage my hand that I might spread it to them through viral shedding. 
      The bandaids irritate my skin- does anyone have a better solution to keep my Palm covered all the time? 

TIA
    • Leedschick
      By Leedschick
      Hey folks. 

I posted here last week, I didn't include a picture so here it is. Also my previous post if no one saw it. Does it look like herpes to you? 
      -----
      Hey guys and girls. Anyone any advice for me? I feel at a loss. I haven't been properly diagnosed, only a visual diagnosis. On Friday night I was with my fella, we've been seeing each other for 5 months and always used a condom. Everything was fine, then Saturday I felt a little nippy down below. Sunday came and I decided to have a look down there. I was horrified at what I saw. In the entrance of my vagina was a rather large white patch,it looked like a hole, filled with white stuff. After that it got really painful to pee, very painful to walk and even sit down. I told him it looks like herpes, as I googled it. 
      So that night I took a bath, and had another look after my bath. The white stuff had gone, and honest to God all i could see was a bright red looking hole. So this morning I went to my local clinic, and had a nurse take a look. she said it does look like herpes, it could be herpes, but it may not be. She tried to take a swab but the pain was that bad that everytime she touched it you had to peal me off the ceiling so she had to give up, gave me anti viral medication and an ointment to apply and I've to go back next week. I've had my suspicions for a while now as my ex had coldsores, and after a night with him I started to feel funny down there. This was a year and a half ago. Eventually I got diagnosed with vulvodynia, which I'm now thinking it may have been herpes all along.
      I don't know what to do. Feel disgusting. My boyfriend says if we'd never break up over it, but I'm an over thinker and I'm thinking the worst. I only done 2 things different last week, I used a hair removal cream, and used a different condom to the ones we had been using. Racking my brain trying to think of what else it could be, but honestly I do believe it's genital herpes and I'm gutted. It's the worse physical pain I've ever been in, peeing is the worst. 

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • win
      Hey hi202020, the Varivax vaccine definitely removed the neuralgia for me, at least so far (fingers crossed). My signs of HSV1 infection after the blood test came back positive in December (with a high IGG of over 55) were: horrible flu symptoms initially (in February) with swollen lymph nodes, followed by almost non-stop, super painful genital neuralgia, and one oral outbreak in March. However, the neuralgia has completely disappeared since the end of April (about a month or so). I had the first vaccine on April 10 and the booster shot on May 19, so about a week ago.
    • hi202020
      Hey Mackie I have the same neuralgia that you do, did you find anything that helped you? Did you try any vaccines? I’m feeling desperate as I’ve had non stop neuralgia/pain for 4+ months after contracting GHSV-1.
    • mconcerned1986
      Got my igG results after 13 months and it is negative I think I need to put this behind and may be rhink do some shitty infection that is causing this itching in genitals and on face. Just an FYI my Western blot at 7 months post exposure is negative.
    • Mikeike3
      Exactly. Plus some people don't seroconvert ever or for a long time, so it's even larger than that.  Also, it takes longer for hsv. To show up on wb than on a commercial igg test. 
    • Stolo868
      Even Terri says that sensitivity of WB for hsv1 is 95-96%. So somebody has to be in this 4-5%...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.