World's Largest Herpes Support Group
The Voyager

9 years of study - Here's how I overcome Herpes Outbreaks.

The Voyager

Wanted to post this for quite some time now but never found the right moment until now.

I must have had herpes passed to me as a child because there is a photograph of me with a coldsore when I was about 10 so that really sucks!

And as much as I wish I didn't have it (I really would do anything to not have it) I have actually learned more about health and well-being from it than I would have otherwise. Basically you begin to understand your immune system and learn how to tell when things are not so good (therefore making the correct adjustments to see that you are mentally and physically sound and fit). There's a Chinese proverb that goes, 'one disease long life no disease short life' and that means you sometimes need an unfortunate event to make you realise and see the bigger picture. True though, like death and family passings, always puts things into perspective.

I was quite ignorant of the fact that every year or longer sometimes, I would occasionally get cold sores on my lips from ages 10 to about 22, but didn't feel socially constraint by them as I do now, I'd just accept that they come, in fact I didn't even know it was herpes as such until I started to seriously research the topic.

I started seeing a girl aroun 2010 and I am unsure what made me think but I could not bare the fact that should I have an outbreak I would have to see this girl, and I think the worrying about it probably brought one on, I sort of avoided the girl for 2 weeks but in that time isolated myself in my house and I know people say you should not do that but in that 2 weeks I think I learned all I needed to know about how to combat Herpes and make sure it never came again to that severity. I eventually told her and she seemed kinda cool and just saif be careful when together etc but I was determined to avoid that situation at all cost. Those 2 weeks were hell, I think I tried every single kitchen and bathroom remedy on the internet and actually did more damage to my whole lips and mouth that I wondered if the crater i had created would ever go. I tried tea bags, salty water, honey, nail polish remover, tea tree oil, olive oil, Lysine tablets, cutting out all arginine foods and about a million others, honestly it was not good, physical and mental states were deteriorating and I could no longer do it.

Three things I pulled from my research were 'IMMUNE SYSTEM', 'ACIDIC AND ALKALINE' states, 'LYSINE + ARGININE based foods' and 'PRESCRIPTION ACICLOVIR CREAM AND TABLETS.

The immune system is evident, you run your body down you get ill, making more work for your immune system to try to fix, like a country being attacked from all boarders, if you have a weak immune system then it will be easy for invaders to infiltrate, a stronger immune will make it much harder. Also body is made up of trillions of cells, cells are like little soldiers, if you treat your army well, exercise them regularly, give them the right foods and let them live in the right environment then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The acid and alkaline theory states this, any virus is incapable of surviving in an oxygen rich environment such as in an alkaline state, and eating foods high in oxygen and water 'should' push your body to a more alkaline state. Even if you don't believe in this theory, the fact is eating foods high in water, oxygen, chlorophyl, unsaturated fats, vitimins and minerals as opposed to foods that oppose this, well you run the risk of pouring a right sticky mess into your body! That's my none scientific explanation of what I took. It doesn't have to be scientific and hard to understand. And as many of you will know, foods high in Arginine are a food source for the herpes virus, so I researchd that heavily and began to eliminate accordingly. It ws quite simple as most of the arginine foods were also the least healthy in most cases (but the idea is not to be too strict with this, just trial and error some things, if they don't work try something else, eventually after a year or two you should start to see change). I soon got onto my doctor and asked to be prescribed aciclovir cream and tablets as my research had told me that these are the only over the counter meds that work, Lysine was also reccomended butit says you should take one a day minimum to prevent and to be fair I did for about 6 months then thought fuck this, I'll just clean up my body and then I won't need to be taking this as often (which I did). Even now I won't take Lysine or Aciclovir cream or tablets daily because I also read that your body can become immune so you have to save that weaponry for when it's needed.

A quick look at my lifestye before I took things seriously.

Meat eater. Drank coffee (with milk). Took party drugs and partied long and hard into the night and day. Had sugar in coffee and tea. No real idea of what healthy food was. No understanding of the bodies immune (didn't care either). Smoked weed now and then. Only drank water when I was hot. Not too much exercise. Ate chocolate and sweets. Allowed myself to exert my stress physically. 

Sounds horrible now looking at that list, but I knew I had to change some things up, this was by no means an overnight trandformation, and the research was ongoing and a developmental thing.

To keep this short and as to not repeat myself, if you look at the list above of my lifestyle before I took things seriously, well I started to be the exact oppisite of all of them. Simple. Started to eat clean whole foods like legumes, rice, dark greens, basically more of a vegetarian / vegan based diet but still love thin base pizza and snacks now and then, it's just moderation. Stopped drinking so much alchohol and gradually reduced it to literally maybe one or two drinks a week, cut out ALL spirits etc, started to drink water more regular. Nothing breakthrough at all.

Here's how I see it, your body is a machine, nothing more, your soul is wherever the hell it is but your body is a bio-mechanical machine that needs regular maintenance, servicing and looking after. Like a car or motorbike, if you don't put the oil in, the engine siezes, if you don't put the right fuel in, it will come to a stop, if you don't polish the body work it's going to look rubbish and so on. Your body is no different. If you treat your body like crap, when an invader tries to invade (in herpes situation travel up your nerves and attack local cells on your skin / lips / body well it will have an easy time because your 'soldiers' or cells will be fat old men who can't run or defend shit.

I have not had an outbreak in nearly 2 years until 3 days ago, and that's because I let my guard down, I decided to drink on the weekend and woke up feeling really bad, and shot out of bed like lightening when i felt something on my lip. I was lucky enough to feel the first tingling and a very small bump on my lip, so ran very quicky to grab Aciclovir creme and proceeded to dab that all over, and it probably just about caught it in time, unfortunately I did not have Aciclovir anti-viral tablets to also combat this, so instead used 1000mg lysine tablets whch are no way as good, but I definitely saved it from ballooning and making a mess of me, I am hoping to be cleared in another 2/3 days.

I have now decided to NEVER drink again, whereby drinking so much you don't know how you got home, sure I'll have the occassional beer but never above the drink drive limit. Sound harsh? Well I see drinking as a waste of money anyway and I would much rather be up on Sunday at 7am making memories and drinking tea than lying in bed with a coldsore for 1 week!

There's probably more I could say and share on my experiences, but I seemed to have written a lot already. If you want to ask me anything feel free, but one last piece of advice I can give is what works for someone might not work for you and vice versa. It's a trial and error thing. Such as the coffee thing, some people will swear that they eat coffee beans and drink all black coffees daily and nevera  thing, good for them, but I know cutting coffee out of my diet not only saved me a lot of money, made me physically and mentally healthier but I do believe it stopped the outbreaks. Plus it's a mind over matter thing also, if you don't focus on the problem it will never be a reality, you could kiss your teddybear every morning and tell people that you have not had an outbreak ever since you started kissing your teddybear, if that works keep doing it, just try not to pass such madness on as scientific breakthrough :)

Congrats for getting this far.

Natural-Antibacterial-Properties-Green-Tea.jpeg

The Voyager
2 minutes ago, Vitaliy said:

Thanks for sharing your experience

Can I ask you a few questions? Do you use oils for cooking? Do you consume something other than whole foods? (Food that has refined oils sugar and not natural preservatives)  Have you ever tried to use dried brushing for releasing the toxins from the skin? And as far as tea? What kind of tea you drink.  (Judging by teaware on the photo it looks like nice Chinese Puerh or oolong tea.)

Hi.

OILS: I don't really fry foods, as I don't eat meat and if I have eggs i'll poach them. Saying that I have recently been playing about with scrambled egg with lots of added veg like onions, peppers, tomatos, spinach etc. And I do use oil but not too much and use either cold pressed olive oil (to make sure all the goodness is in there) or rcently cold pressed avacado oil. But that's about the only thing I will fry.

WHOLEFOODS: Yeah like I said I occasionally might have pizza, but it's freshly made at a fave bar, super thin crust and fresh vegetables (no meat). And will have light topping of cheese on that, I won't buy cheese or milk from super market but if a friend offers black tea I'll usually have milk in it as I normally only ever drink green tea, so change is nice sometimes. I'll eat things like Hummus and Pitta sometimes, but no don't really buy processed foods from stores at all. Even as far as not using concentional shampoo because they have SLS in their, and that is taking it to the extreme but I think that goes beyond the confines of Herpes and more on a personal level, I don't want to be pouring nasty chemicles over my body (so I use hand made soaps and condition with coconut oil lightly.

TOXINS: I used to have hot baths with Epsum bath salts, which basically make you sweat eveythign out, the salt draws up toxins as you know from deep in your skin, but then joined a gym where they have a steamer room, and that thing is amazing, 2 times a week so that's quite a nice treat, and who knows, I think it wil definitely aid in a healthier body, that mixed with not using SLS in shampoo and with a healthy diet and exercise, it all has to contribute to something right?

TEA: Mostly loose leaf green tea, no specific blend just green leaf, but I have tried loads of different blends in the past, tea is way more diverse than coffee, and so much better for your health (if coffee is not drunk in moderation). I will sometimes have raw honey in their too for the boost!

I could do an experiment in my head and know the results: 1 person drinks coca cola, 5 liters a day and one person drinks clean water, 5 liters a day, after 1 month who do you think is going to have a stronger immune system and all round good health?

The Voyager
3 minutes ago, Vitaliy said:

Thanks for this part. As someone was explaining that in many cases herpes gets suppressed by the immune system but some toxins remain in skin tissue and getting released later.  Many people think that lifestyle changes do not work after seeing an outbreak and give up to early. So toxin elimination is a must. 

I'd agree, I am no scientist but I see toxins as waste, garbage, probably even carinigins - more crap for your immune system to try and sort out. The more stress / work you load onto your immune system the less an advantage it will have when that nasty herpes virus decides to go for an attack up your nervous system! Look after your body and it will look after you.

I stand by my claim that to some degree, SLS (sodium laurel sulphate - which is basically a white powdered chemicl) is not good for your body and will add stress onto your immune, even if microscopically, it's undue stress and mix that with all other possibilities it's an outbreak that could have easily been prevented... Like I said I was OB free for nearly 2 years, and I have been iving a generally clean life for best past of 4 ot 5 years. By no means a saint, I have partied still, got high now and then (just baked cakes though) and eaten a few biscuits :) but generally if you make sure that you are 80% clean and allow room for fun etc you should be good.