Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john1993

Abnormal high HSV 1 value, does it mean something?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have symptoms other that HSV, however my HSV 1 igg came back positive. First time with the value of 26 and the second time with the value of 36, I test HSV 2 -. Does this value indicate something about the state of my immune system? All my symptoms seem autoimmune related. (something like crohns, allegies etc.)

This just means you have hsv1.  What symptoms do you have. Oral or genital.blisters?  The igg tests for hsv antibodies. 

1 hour ago, john1993 said:

Hi,

I have symptoms other that HSV, however my HSV 1 igg came back positive. First time with the value of 26 and the second time with the value of 36, I test HSV 2 -. Does this value indicate something about the state of my immune system? All my symptoms seem autoimmune related. (something like crohns, allegies etc.)

There is nothing significant about the result. It is neither high nor low and the value difference is nothing more than expected natural variation in the blood as well as testing procedures and controls.

This most likely indicates a childhood infection orally with HSV-1. I'd suggest there is very little in this observation regarding your current symptoms.