World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Just a human being
      People say they want a cure but some days I wonder. If you express how stressful it’s been to support a small cohort through treatment with limited evidence most do not understand, when you ask for support or your struggles to cope with people’s trauma in treatment, or the ingrained societal perceptions, when you try to talk about the evidence it’s like you’ve done some evil thing! Apparently going against the grain to do what’s right is not worthy of human understanding or support! After over a year in the space it’s so clear to me why there has been no progress. You are completely ostrisized from the community for speaking out on this topic. How many are voiceless here too scared to speak? Yet we rarely hear from you. When you are successful you just disappear and I understand why as no one would listen to you anyhow! I hope for anyone reading this you get out alive lest you become a lost soul in purgatory stamping out hope for others due to confusion weaved in science and medicine. 
    • MikeHerp
      Not directly on HSV, but this general overview of where gene editing is, is a very good read. Recommend at least skimming it. A lot of excitement is building around gene editing.  https://67c5cfaa-bdc0-42a5-95c4-a822adc972c7.filesusr.com/ugd/80a6fd_a53ed12021a54292bb50ed1255e31118.pdf
    • Just a human being
      It s not really possible to ban anyone from this forum. Some people would just get back on and create a reign of terror in their wrath. I’ve seen it before. In the end everyone has to accept them and it teaches the group tolerance. Trust me I’ve been through the same feelings and I don’t want to act like I’m always Mr positive or anything cos I am Just a human being!And honestly we need to consider others welfare. They would be lost without this forum. I think if you took it away they would suffer serious trauma. It just takes a small amount of time to work around it! I have deep respect for @MikeHerp it takes a lot of work to get something like this off the ground! I think genetic research is very valuable and important!  I have duel interests human systems and health and agriculture. In the agriculture realm I’m not a big fan of say Monsanto’s brand of genetic research in application. I am a big fan of genetic research to inform plant breeding!  I think this is good work that will be insightful for humans in the future! Don’t take a few difficult people to heart! Trust me I do know it’s difficult.  I didn’t even read a single comment of theirs! Wow that’s big for me! Back to Fred Hutch....    
    • MikeHerp
      What I find interesting about this trial is that even though half life is 25 days, measurements of shedding and lesions will be done until nearly 4 months.  Maybe they expect the effect to last longer than the half life (maybe the binding effect survives longer than the half life). 
    • MikeHerp
      Message from FHC philanthropy:   “There is a small glitch with the website that we are working on. The page is still live, located here: http://engage.fredhutch.org/site/TR/PersonalFundraisingPages/General?px=1802786&pg=personal&fr_id=1574 I will need to request a new link to "fredhutch.org/hsv" for you on Monday, which is not working right now, but you can access the site from the link above in the meantime. I will let you know when that is fixed”
Sign in to follow this  
DuckDuckGoose

Not loving the walking pharmacy thing ...

DuckDuckGoose

Hi folks,

Been trolling the forums for about a day, since I took my "allergic reaction/ UTI/ definitely not herpes but please dear god make it go away" to my Obgyn. She took one look and said "herpes lesions," at which point I lost the ability to focus on what she was telling me. 

Waiting to hear on whether it's HSV 1 or 2, and trying to cope with the outbreak (dozens of lesions in and around my vagina as well as massive flu symptoms and body aches) as well as a UTI and bacterial infection. Literally my purse is full to bursting with meds. Doc put me on Valtrex along with an antibiotic and a pain reliever. 

Going to try not to ask a million questions, but the short backstory is that I recently broke up with my long term boyfriend and have been massively stressed at work and with being MOH in my best friends wedding. Was ripe for some sort of something, for sure. I've recently started seeing someone new, and started sleeping with him a few weeks ago. With the severity of this OB, is it safe to assume it's really the initial one? And if so, is it a safe bet to think I got this from the new guy? 

I'm not angry or anything, I truly don't believe it was knowingly or intentional if he did give it to me. However, in trying to accept all this, I'm trying to wrap my head around what my dating life will look like in the near future and if I can safely bet that it came from him, the discussion about this and subsequent sex life looks a bit more appealing than the alternatives.

Sorry to ramble ... already so grateful to the folks on here <3 much love 

LillianPanos

@DuckDuckGoose  Welcome more than likely it is the new guy typically people get an outbreak from 2 - 20 from exposure. Did the dr swab the sore?  Were meds prescribed? are you still experieincing the outbreak. Usually the first outbreak is the worst.  Sometimes hsv 1 or 2 takes time to show up in igg bloodtests as it may take time for antibodies to show up, Dont worry you can have sex after being diagnosed, you will be more picky. Some folks are asymtomatic, some have it for long time without outbreask and stress can bring it on, very strange unpredictable virus.

DuckDuckGoose

Thanks @LillianPanos ... Doc swabbed one of the manyyyyyyy sores and said she was able to get a good sample. Didn't bother with a blood test though. She prescribed Valtrex, Cipro, Vicodin, another something for the bacterial infection, and a few OTC meds to supplement. Still in the midst of this OB ... started feeling like shit on this past Sunday (it's now Friday) and sores are starting to heal now. 

LillianPanos
14 minutes ago, DuckDuckGoose said:

Thanks @LillianPanos ... Doc swabbed one of the manyyyyyyy sores and said she was able to get a good sample. Didn't bother with a blood test though. She prescribed Valtrex, Cipro, Vicodin, another something for the bacterial infection, and a few OTC meds to supplement. Still in the midst of this OB ... started feeling like shit on this past Sunday (it's now Friday) and sores are starting to heal now. 

2- 20 days. Ok I had big sore, mine lasted over 6 weeks in such painand despair, I have very minimal outbreaks after the first one in March 2016. It seems like everyone is different i got much relief from the meds which my dr didnt origianlly prescribe she said only take during ob, but I met a great guy as I was diagnosed so I have been on the meds since then. also I use cocont oil. and tea tree oil combined when i feel something down there. i have had weird feelings down there since I got this. but it is getting better. And my attitude of acceptance much better. I came to this site and much help from the people here.