World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MikeNYC

OHSV1 Only, What are your disclosure policy and experiences ?

MikeNYC

Hello,

This is my first post here.  Hello forum!  It’s great to have a place where we can discuss all this stuff.

I don’t want to start another thread about what people should or should not do.  The forum has had this debate already.  I want to know about people’s actual policies for disclosing OHSV1, and what have their experiences been like?  Let’s keep it factual.

When and if you disclose (Before Kiss, Before Oral), how do you do it, and what reactions do you get?  How far do you go explaining this? (Part of the problem is that a lot of people are not well informed, so your would-be make out session has the potential to turn into a science lesson).

Thanks 

Disc0rdant
1 hour ago, MikeNYC said:

Hello,

This is my first post here.  Hello forum!  It’s great to have a place where we can discuss all this stuff.

I don’t want to start another thread about what people should or should not do.  The forum has had this debate already.  I want to know about people’s actual policies for disclosing OHSV1, and what have their experiences been like?  Let’s keep it factual.

When and if you disclose (Before Kiss, Before Oral), how do you do it, and what reactions do you get?  How far do you go explaining this? (Part of the problem is that a lot of people are not well informed, so your would-be make out session has the potential to turn into a science lesson).

Thanks 

I dont disclose prior to kissing.  Some may admonish me for that.  My ob's are normally 2 yrs apart and happen in the summer with too much sun/beer and sugary foods(like watermelon last summer)  I always disclose prior to sex because I love to please orally and feel I need to disclose.  I had no issues with any disclosures.  It seemed to build both trust and respect.  I basically say I get cold sores on my mouth, know the triggers and explain in detail what I will do to protect her.  I have a scrip for generic valtrex (never filled) if she wants me to take it.  I also only have ohsv1.  But.  It can be dangerous to her woman parts and I dont want to spread.  I have not spread it to anyone as of yet.  I think my diet, exercise and knowledge of my body mitigates quite well.

MikeNYC

@Discordant I am curious about a few things, 

what kind of things do you explain you will do to protect her? (Since you say you haven't filled your valtrex)

Since you kiss without disclosing, and then disclose before sex, have you ever has anyone say something like "Hey how could you not tell me and kiss me!".  I know you said you have no issues with disclosures, but I find that amazing! (and encouraging). 

Do you find yourself doing a lot of explaining (Ie, cold sores are Herpes, it can be spread from oral to genital, etc) or are people in the know?

As someone who has been on here a while, do you think my topic was a poor question, or are there just not a lot of OHSV-1 only people on here?

I found it interesting, searching Positive Singles in NY for females 28-38, I found very few women on there that were only OHSV-1 positive as well. 

Thanks for sharing your experience it helped put me at ease a bit - 

Disc0rdant
9 hours ago, MikeNYC said:

what kind of things do you explain you will do to protect her? (Since you say you haven't filled your valtrex)

Since you kiss without disclosing, and then disclose before sex, have you ever has anyone say something like "Hey how could you not tell me and kiss me!".  I know you said you have no issues with disclosures, but I find that amazing! (and encouraging). 

Do you find yourself doing a lot of explaining (Ie, cold sores are Herpes, it can be spread from oral to genital, etc) or are people in the know?

As someone who has been on here a while, do you think my topic was a poor question, or are there just not a lot of OHSV-1 only people on here?

I found it interesting, searching Positive Singles in NY for females 28-38, I found very few women on there that were only OHSV-1 positive as well. 

No.  I have not gotten any anger.  I think it is because statistically, if she kisses 5 guys, 4 have ohsv1.  It isnt inappropriate to disclose but they inherently know that lots of kissing happens w/o sex.  Never had a bad reaction.  I havent passed it that I know of, either.  I am very in tune w my body.  I know 3 days ahead if an ob is happening.  My ob's can be 3 wks.  Last discordant gf, we didnt kiss for 3 weeks one time....  I dont have every answer, though....

Disc0rdant
9 hours ago, MikeNYC said:

I tell her that I am willing to fill the valtrex if a concern, I ask permission to perform oral and I literally get a tingle before an ob...  I cant promise 100%.  I promise to do my best out of care and respect.

Disc0rdant

I dont think it is a poor topic at all.  There is risk to ohsv1...  I cant imagine it on my man parts.....

Lisajd

I know you don't want to start a thread about what a person should or shouldn't do but if I were in the same situation which I'm not because knowing what I know now about how herpes can affect people and some people can have severe oral outbreaks I would personally tell them if it we're me before kissing.   

Newtothisandscared

I am not judging either, but i got Ghsv1 from my boyfriend who gets infrequent cold sores because herpes does shed asymptomatically.....I think it is always good to know, so one can take a calculated risk....

Edited by Newtothisandscared

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Gracieluewho
      By Gracieluewho
      I was just diagnosed with HSV 1 and this was the first time I had been tested for it. I am not sure how long I’ve had it and now I’m feeling a lot of stress and anxiety. A lot of my friends have had cold sores before and I know they’re super common but I am so afraid of passing it to someone else with an unknown outbreak. I know that HSV 1 can be oral or genital but is most commonly oral. I don’t think I’ve had an outbreak yet because I figured it would be easy to recall. I’ve had a small fluid filled bump above my lip for a month or so that at one point I picked off and it grew back. It hasn’t bursted and doesn’t hurt at all. I’m not sure if this is my first outbreak or if it’s just something else. Is there any kind of medication I can take to lower the chances of spreading it to another person?
    • Verver23
      By Verver23
      I've recently had a cold sore outbreak and used abreva to treat it. After the blisters drain 4-5 days later I usually apply vaseline to prevent dryness. It seemed to make the scab fall fast but now my lip is pink/red and has some residual swelling. Is this ok? How to I fix the color and slight swelling?
    • silentsuffering
      By silentsuffering
      Hi everyone! 
      Earlier this week I saw my doctor as I was experiencing some discomfort in my genital area... long story short I had unprotected sex, my doctor or did a physical examination and believed it is herpes. 
      I received a call today advising that my blood came back negative for all STD’s and the sexual contact was made over 10 days ago. Rash is sores are still fresh.
      From what I’ve read false negatives do occur but that’s usually if the rash isn’t active...
      He put me on Valaciclovir on Monday (it’s now Thursday) and it appears to be getting worse. I am sceptical that I do have herpes even with a negative blood test, he wants me to have another test done in a month to be sure however what else could this be?
      Sorry for the graphic image too..

• Gemini312
      By Gemini312
      Okay so im gonna go in depth about everything because the last time i posted i guess i wasn't as specific as i could've been. Okay so. September 8th, i was down in the dumps. I'm not asking for sympathy but i did sleep with a guy that I knew id never see again for the whatevers of it, using sex as an escape, which was pretty stupid but we can't all make bright choices, anyway in early october i got an almost zit like bump on my lip. And i popped it. After freaking out of course. And it oozed a little pus but shortly after there was some clear fluids, they kinda slowly oozed until it healed. It didn't tingle showing up? But after like a week it was Beale but another showed up on the other side, and when i stretched my lip, neither were on my lip directly. I tried my hardest not to be bothered, but like everyone when they're afraid they have a std-sti they freak out. I only truly freaked out because i googled symptoms, and the one that caught me was clear fluid and burning, it didn't burn until i popped it tho, and it was only momentarily, and i tried to assume it was my makeup that was causing it because after they were both healed. I did my makeup and boom. Another one. So after that one healed. I stopped doing my makeup, and i made it a while without anything showing up until mid November, i was shocked to find that it still happened after i stopped doing my makeup, eventually, after it got worse and i had multiple sores on my face i went to the doctors. And they diagnosed it as folliculitis, but these particular bumps weren't oozing clear liquid. They were just ugly and made me completely self conscious when i went to school, because i knew my class could see them, college btw. But anyways i started applying what the doctor prescribed and bam, they were gone, the doctor even told me it  couldn't be herpes bc of the time frame. Everything was going good up until recently i got another bump, and ofc it was at the edge band of my lip, but the way it formed was odd. It moreso was an underskin bump that peeled instead of popping and it eventually went away, and then another showed up and i picked at it bc it bugged me and it eventually became a scab. And when I picked it, it oozed clear liquid, which has been freaking me out, and it doesn't stop immediately, and none of the bumps that show up ever look like blisters, and aren't immediately fluid filled, and honestly I've had my life kind of on hold, restraining from going on dates, and meeting some really great people, and making new friends for the simple fact that im a very affectionate person, i like kisses, and if im dating someone, im gonna wanna kiss them, if im friends with someone, we playfully taste each other's drinks, I haven't done so in a while but there's tons of things I like to do with friends, so if i were to have herpes, id pass it on and hate myself like i hate the guy who could've possibly given it to me, I've been none stop panicking and honestly, at this point i just need some guidance, a friend, and just someone because i don't know what to think, i wanna go to the hospital again but im terrified, worst always comes to worst, and itd be even worse when i start my esthiology unit for makeup and skincare, we thoroughly touch each others faces, and wash, oil, and etc. Who's gonna wanna touch my face with odd bumps, scabs, etc? 
    • seanriley213
      By seanriley213
      Can I please get someone to talk to here?????? I think I'm drowning in pains
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Toro
      I have the same symptoms as well and the only thing that worked out is Amenalief.I am taking 1 pill a day.
    • cowpoke02
      it happens ..  talking about few guys so i guessed ..  only take sone mess up or lie ..  experiment continues . i was doing great .  went backwards .. not eating is my friend ..  i get some supplies back and i will see if they working better than thing i was taking them with ...  order nuns hemp oil and products . they make best  out of california .   joint pain stuff and edible oil .  might work really well . experiment time ..  smoke real pot as well .  always hope // i know at worse i make my own oil dose up at night ..  eat clean .. i looking at it as a war and battle .. i was just healthy for while ..  so all gotta do is eat dried apricots or hemp oils ... or switch on off best products so body dint get used to it or damage from one thing to long ..  take care ..   you work in law offices ?  i could use a hand typing up simple retard few sentences  . make every thing short ..  i could pay back extra if i win ...     yes sex is reckless . i didn't a lot but made bad choices .. its reckless since it is your life . bible no joke . world history of truths of man . problem is figure it out after ya screwed . lol.  strict cause when you comet to play or entertain idea specially others they usual;ly using you or trickery bad things .  all good.  it's a war and i just enough and have few tricks all ready . get stocked up on the remedies so don't run out . lol.  live where have pot be god sent . 
    • cowpoke02
      that is a real pain and pelvic problem made worse by stress that changes chemicals in body /  then it inflames nerves ..   i got scar tissue to prove it ..   lol..  get some pot to get rid of it .   try  three sistersor sisters hemp oil .  helps aches pains through the skin in  joints  so goo chance go through help the H plus ingest it  and smoke it .  made by 2 nuns in  califorina .. best hemp product and more expensive ..  ordering today for shipment ..  life a bitch . had it in control again something went wrong . ra out of one thing i was taking . might f been working better than seeds alone .  we keep experimenting . lol.  
    • MikeHerp
      It's not clear.  The experiments in which they inactivated 2-4% latent HSV in mice, was definitely in living mice. The research paper is very clear about that.  It appears that in May 2018, they also reported nearly 20-30% inactivation of latent HSV in living mice. It's not clear what the 90% is referring to, whether in living mice or some artificial latency model using mice sells in vitro.  I really hope that it was in living mice.  That would make sense, since the earlier experiments were in living mice.  But in any case, as you mentioned, this research is progressing very well. Let's continue to try to raise money for it.  
    • blurneworder
      Did anything cause the tears or would you just getting tears out of nowhere?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.