World's Largest Herpes Support Group

dancing

I am a newly diagnosed (<1 year) HSV2 positive female. For the first time since my diagnosis, I started to hook up with a guy and things got heated. Being the fact that I didn't tell him about the situation, no intercourse happened however, at one point he fingered me and in the heat of the brought his fingers to his mouth. Although no direct oral sex from him to me happened, we are worried about the rate of transmission. I am on valacycolvir daily had no sign of an outbreak and no prodrome pain from shedding (I've experienced nerve pain in the past). I also went down on him and, even though I do not have oral HSV2, this is also something he is concerned about.

I would like to know if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine or has any information on how likely it may be that he has been put at risk, anything to ease the anxiety... 

Disc0rdant
15 minutes ago, dancing said:

I am a newly diagnosed (<1 year) HSV2 positive female. For the first time since my diagnosis, I started to hook up with a guy and things got heated. Being the fact that I didn't tell him about the situation, no intercourse happened however, at one point he fingered me and in the heat of the brought his fingers to his mouth. Although no direct oral sex from him to me happened, we are worried about the rate of transmission. I am on valacycolvir daily had no sign of an outbreak and no prodrome pain from shedding (I've experienced nerve pain in the past). I also went down on him and, even though I do not have oral HSV2, this is also something he is concerned about.

I would like to know if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine or has any information on how likely it may be that he has been put at risk, anything to ease the anxiety... 

There is risk to fingering and transmitting.  It happens.  Plz disclose if you have it in your heart.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jules1967
      By Jules1967
      I disclosed my HSV2 diagnosis right from the start and only because we had this GREAT connection. He said he did his research and we would just be careful. Well, after dating for 2 months, he decided that he didn’t want to date anymore and “I’m sorry for how shallow that seems”. I was crushed.  I think I’m living on false hope that he may change his mind if he does even more research (not one hour online). Just wondering if anyone has ever reconnected with somebody after being rejected by them. 
    • Viralnow1
      By Viralnow1
      I was diagnosed with herpes-2  about 3 weeks ago, I had gone in for std testing because my boyfriend cheated. I had been having strange side cramps then some discharge I anticipated a yeast infection. I told my gynecologist that I had been getting chafe a lot but only on one side of my vagina. She suggested getting full testing as it may be herpes that has not come through (a breakout) yet. While I did have a yeast infection two weeks later I learned I had herpes. I have been with him 3 years and was tested and clean before him and one year later after finding he had another girlfriend I tested clean again. When I told him he was very calm too calm and I think he knew he had it! I also found condoms that had fallen out of his bag a few weeks ago. I can not understand why he would do this to me.
    • Tayyy
      By Tayyy
      Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis. 
    • sub16610
      By sub16610
      I'm really desperated, I've been visiting three different doctors and they didn't help me at all. Here is my story.
      I'm a 30 years old male in good physical and medical condition. Healthy and sporty lifestyle.
      - April 2018 : One-month holiday trip, including a lot of protected and unprotected sex with stranger girls.
      - May 2018 : Back home. I'm noticing redness on the glans and the foreskin of my penis, a few spots under the corona, and my glans looking wrinkled, very dry, and the foreskin looking like "sticky" when retracting the foreskin. I've been thinking about a fungal balanitis, so I've been applying Econazole, without any amelioration. Decided to get tested for HIV, IST, and HSV 1/2. Everything came negative, except HSV1 IgG Positive (IgM 0.70) - so pretty much an old infection. Showed my glans to Generalist Practician who said it looks normal, advises to avoid any chemical, soap, or whatever. I feel pretty much tired all the time, coffee won't help - but I don't feel pain. Tiredness could be related to pollen allergy - I've been tested with a very high IgE.
      - June 2018 : Things didn't improve. Exactly the same. Very intense redness after sex, that last up to a week. Decided to go to a dermatologist - even if I showed photos where the redness and the spots are really noticeable, she says she doesn't know, but it doesn't look like herpes to her. She told me to do nothing, avoid chemical and treatments, things should come back in order as nothing has been diagnosed by blood test.
      - November 2018 : After another rash/redness episode, went to an urologist. He said my glans and foreskin look normal. The reaction of these 3 doctors to my problem is absolutely incredible. My penis looks completely sick, I told them it has never been like this, and they say it look normal - I don't understand anything. I tried Fusidic Acid cream (antibiotic) without success. Then, I tried antifugal cream again, no result. Foreskin still stick when retracting. I'm beggining thinking about a rare genital HSV1, which outbreaks could be caused by rough sex. Here are some pictures of how my penis was looking at that time.

- December 2018 : Had another blood test. HSV1 still positive, HSV2 still negative, HSV1/2 IgM now in gray zone.
      - January 2019 : Since a few days I have the most impressive outbreak I've never had. My glans and foreskin are now covered with red spots. I still don't feel pain - at most a little itchy - but my eyes are blood shot/pink. I don't really feel tired. Yesterday I ran to the pharmacy to buy Valaciclovir - I'm taking 500mg in the morning, 500mg in the evening.

It's been now 8 months I'm dealing with that, and I still don't know what I'm fighting against. As you can guess, it's very hard for me, psychologically. 
      I'm avoiding having sex and when I do, of course I use protection. Since this last outbreak that really looks terrible, I wouldn't even dare have sex. I'm ashamed, feeling guilty, and it seems like doctors won't help me. 
      My only hope is this forum.
      What is your opinion ? Do you think it looks like an HSV1 outbreak ? If not, what could it be ?
      Thanks in advance.
    • Ginko123
      By Ginko123
      Hi Everyone, 
      It's been awhile. I got diagnosed with HSV2 last year. Just got an HPV (not the wart kind) diagnosis recently. Anyone on here with both?

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • MikeHerp
      The prophylactic vaccine trial by GSK took 8 years and they were still not done with it.  That's because it takes time to see whether it works--it's a matter of many people having sex over time and that just takes a lot of time.   A shedding study is quicker, so therapeutic vaccines are quicker to test.  5-6 years I think.  Note that there was a study conducted last year that showed that there's a high correlation between shedding and outbreaks, suggesting that it might not even be necessary to track outbreaks, measuring shedding may be enough. It's unclear what they would be proving in case of a gene editing technique.  I think shedding would be a part of it.  But what else, if anything, I don't know. Anyway, it doesn't necessarily have to take a long time like the GSK prophylactic trials.  
    • Miss Horne
      Role play? Dressing up in the bedroom?
    • Voyager2
      I certainly hope this research continues. It all seems legit to me, but again, I'm no medical man (although I did play doctor a few times).   
    • here-to-help
      This is good information to know. To go from continuous outbreaks to none all this time is encouraging. I wonder if after you've given it some time and this regimen proves itself, maybe you could title it, and type it for everyone to read. The more suggestions, the better! You mentioned you've suffered with Herpes I outbreaks. I have suffered with the type II, and I recently read that Lysine doesn't help with the type II. I don't know about that, because it really has helped me in years past. Anyway, by mentioning in your article that you have type I will help, because apparently something might work for type I that won't work for type II. I myself will get these products and add them to my daily garlic regimen, and perhaps I will be able to eat whatever I choose without triggering an outbreak. That's my big problem, wanting to eat the foods that trigger the outbreak!
    • RNY18
      “..Meanwhile, the present study suggests LDXGFG as an alternative, inexpensive, and lasting-effect medicine for curing HSV2 infection caused genital herpes....” Anyone  seen any further research on this ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.