World's Largest Herpes Support Group

dancing

I am a newly diagnosed (<1 year) HSV2 positive female. For the first time since my diagnosis, I started to hook up with a guy and things got heated. Being the fact that I didn't tell him about the situation, no intercourse happened however, at one point he fingered me and in the heat of the brought his fingers to his mouth. Although no direct oral sex from him to me happened, we are worried about the rate of transmission. I am on valacycolvir daily had no sign of an outbreak and no prodrome pain from shedding (I've experienced nerve pain in the past). I also went down on him and, even though I do not have oral HSV2, this is also something he is concerned about.

I would like to know if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine or has any information on how likely it may be that he has been put at risk, anything to ease the anxiety... 

Disc0rdant
15 minutes ago, dancing said:

I am a newly diagnosed (<1 year) HSV2 positive female. For the first time since my diagnosis, I started to hook up with a guy and things got heated. Being the fact that I didn't tell him about the situation, no intercourse happened however, at one point he fingered me and in the heat of the brought his fingers to his mouth. Although no direct oral sex from him to me happened, we are worried about the rate of transmission. I am on valacycolvir daily had no sign of an outbreak and no prodrome pain from shedding (I've experienced nerve pain in the past). I also went down on him and, even though I do not have oral HSV2, this is also something he is concerned about.

I would like to know if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine or has any information on how likely it may be that he has been put at risk, anything to ease the anxiety... 

There is risk to fingering and transmitting.  It happens.  Plz disclose if you have it in your heart.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Marley91
      By Marley91
      I was diagnosed with HSV2 in the form of whitlow on the palm of my hand over a year ago. 
      Since then I have had breakouts almost every single month, sometimes more. I take valcyclovir 1000mg daily and had been ob free for a couple of months. I missed one day of medication and am now struggling with a terrible outbreak. 
      My anxiety is through the roof- especially with the fear of viral shedding when I don’t have an ob.  
      When I have an ob I am EXTREMELY fatigued and can barely function. Does anyone else get run down this easily? I know it’s only supposed to happen with the first outbreak but I’m going on 15+ in the last year with terrible side effects. 
      Will I need to wear a bandaid for the rest of my life- even when not experiencing an ob?? I get massages regularly and am always paranoid when they massage my hand that I might spread it to them through viral shedding. 
      The bandaids irritate my skin- does anyone have a better solution to keep my Palm covered all the time? 

TIA
    • Leedschick
      By Leedschick
      Hey folks. 

I posted here last week, I didn't include a picture so here it is. Also my previous post if no one saw it. Does it look like herpes to you? 
      -----
      Hey guys and girls. Anyone any advice for me? I feel at a loss. I haven't been properly diagnosed, only a visual diagnosis. On Friday night I was with my fella, we've been seeing each other for 5 months and always used a condom. Everything was fine, then Saturday I felt a little nippy down below. Sunday came and I decided to have a look down there. I was horrified at what I saw. In the entrance of my vagina was a rather large white patch,it looked like a hole, filled with white stuff. After that it got really painful to pee, very painful to walk and even sit down. I told him it looks like herpes, as I googled it. 
      So that night I took a bath, and had another look after my bath. The white stuff had gone, and honest to God all i could see was a bright red looking hole. So this morning I went to my local clinic, and had a nurse take a look. she said it does look like herpes, it could be herpes, but it may not be. She tried to take a swab but the pain was that bad that everytime she touched it you had to peal me off the ceiling so she had to give up, gave me anti viral medication and an ointment to apply and I've to go back next week. I've had my suspicions for a while now as my ex had coldsores, and after a night with him I started to feel funny down there. This was a year and a half ago. Eventually I got diagnosed with vulvodynia, which I'm now thinking it may have been herpes all along.
      I don't know what to do. Feel disgusting. My boyfriend says if we'd never break up over it, but I'm an over thinker and I'm thinking the worst. I only done 2 things different last week, I used a hair removal cream, and used a different condom to the ones we had been using. Racking my brain trying to think of what else it could be, but honestly I do believe it's genital herpes and I'm gutted. It's the worse physical pain I've ever been in, peeing is the worst. 

• Lieb
      By Lieb
      Hi,
      I got diagnosed with HSV-2 in my throat a few weeks ago (serology IgM positive and clinical evidency). I can date the infection 7 weeks ago cos I started a new relationship and 1 week later I got a blood test, so I know for shure she infected me. She got the same test last week resulting in IgG positive, but we don't know where the virus is located. We both got negative genital smears, but I have the feeling that a smear is not very reliable without an OB.
      We haven't had sex for the last 6 weeks, but last Saturday I fingered her for quite a while and our genitals got in touch for like 30 seconds. Since I know that you gan get HSV in your fingers I've got some questions I hope you can answer:
      • What are de odds of getting HSV in my fingers if I have no visible wound or hangnail? Should I wear a latex glove? Im being a bit hypochondriac about this and feeling my hands irritatd.
      • Is there any possible way to know if i got my hands infected?
      • IgG is stronger than IgM fighting viral infections but not infallible. So it's difficult, but I can get reinfected from the same HSV strain. The thing is, when does my body start to create IgG? Two months from the primoinfection? Three?
      • Once I get IgG in my body, is it reasonably safe to have sex with my partner with no fear to spread the virus to new locations?
      I'm very concerned and those worries keep me awake. Thank you in advance
    • lilmay
      By lilmay
      So  about 2 months ago, I started having unprotected and protected sex with a new person. During this time, I was experiencing a lot of itchiness and some burning. When realizing this, I decided to go to my gynecologist who tested me for all vaginal bacterial infections and all stds. The results came out negative even though I have been having this constant itching and burning on my labia. I have also learned that when I have sex, the itching and burning gets more intense and sometimes my whole vulva would be inflamed for a day or two. My sexual partner also got tested for stds and he was negative as well. I don't know what to do to make this itching and burning stop. I stopped having sex for more than a month now and the problem still hasn't gone away. I keep thinking its herpes even though I got a blood test and never had any kind of sores and my partner has never experienced any kind of symptoms for it. What can I do?  

• Antoinette63
      By Antoinette63
      I have only had sex with one female since finding out I have HSV2. 
      I’m interested in continuing to have sex with women, but every woman I approach says “You’re bi, you didn’t get that from a woman, keep that shit over there.” 
      If I do find a woman who is okay with the risk, how can we protect ourselves when tribbing/scissoring? I know for oral sex we can use dental dam  or cut a condom.

Most websites give information for protecting yourself if you’re in a heterosexual sexual relationship, but not homosexual.
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Catalyst4 and welcome to the website. There is no relationship between lichen planes or psoriasis to herpes. Follow the treatment recommended by your doctor. If steroids it is then have no worries regarding herpes.
    • Catalyst4
      Hi all - I’ve been getting weird recurrent redness on my glans since January. I foolishly had unprotected sex and this nightmare started a week or so later. It starts off as a small circle of redness that turns oval and then spreads. There is no bump or no fluid and it doesn’t itch and is not painful. It also gets flaky like psoriasis after a week or so then the skin becomes shiny and thick.  I got a biopsy that said it was possible Lichen Planus. But was a herpes infection responsible for triggering it? I had a swab when the inflammation was at it’s worse and it came back nEgative for herpes but I think it was done way too late. My dermatologist says it’s not herpes- but this all started after an unprotected sex encounter so I think it’s related to some infection somehow. It did go away completely with doxycycline and cortisone cream only to come back a couple of weeks later after finishing  the medication .  I’m set to get my blood test in a few weeks but that will only tell me if I’ve been exposed to HSV, not that the redness is actually HSV.  If it is HSV and it’s causing the Lichen Planus or psoriasis how do I treat it? Steroids will make me more susceptible to further outbreaks Does anyone get this shiny skin as well with their outbreak that does not go away on its own? i have pics I’m trying to upload but the size limitation is a problem ...
    • WilsoInAus
      Hi @hi202020 note that all immune disorders of over activity are related to the immune system attacking the body tissue. They can be highly serious issues such as: lupus, multiple sclerosis, diabetes (type 1), Hasimoto’s etc. Prostadynia is an umbrella term for a number of issues in the genital region. Often you are able to drill down to a more specific cause but sometimes not. The issues in the umbrella are such things as prostatitis, pudenal nerve ‘entrapment’, erythromelagia and fibromyalgia to name a few. 
    • Kurdt01
      The burning (neuralgia, neuropathy) is common...unfortunately even doctors don't know if it means your shedding or not....not necessarily though. There are a lot of nerve issues with herpes...it's way more a nerve issue than a skin issue. Do the antivirals help you? 
    • Kurdt01
      Short of something none of us knows about that comes completely out of left field (which is entirely possible), our best bet on something anytime soon is Pritelivir....hopefully it works as well as we all hope.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.