I am a newly diagnosed (<1 year) HSV2 positive female. For the first time since my diagnosis, I started to hook up with a guy and things got heated. Being the fact that I didn't tell him about the situation, no intercourse happened however, at one point he fingered me and in the heat of the brought his fingers to his mouth. Although no direct oral sex from him to me happened, we are worried about the rate of transmission. I am on valacycolvir daily had no sign of an outbreak and no prodrome pain from shedding (I've experienced nerve pain in the past). I also went down on him and, even though I do not have oral HSV2, this is also something he is concerned about.

I would like to know if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine or has any information on how likely it may be that he has been put at risk, anything to ease the anxiety... 

15 minutes ago, dancing said:

I am a newly diagnosed (<1 year) HSV2 positive female. For the first time since my diagnosis, I started to hook up with a guy and things got heated. Being the fact that I didn't tell him about the situation, no intercourse happened however, at one point he fingered me and in the heat of the brought his fingers to his mouth. Although no direct oral sex from him to me happened, we are worried about the rate of transmission. I am on valacycolvir daily had no sign of an outbreak and no prodrome pain from shedding (I've experienced nerve pain in the past). I also went down on him and, even though I do not have oral HSV2, this is also something he is concerned about.

I would like to know if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine or has any information on how likely it may be that he has been put at risk, anything to ease the anxiety... 

There is risk to fingering and transmitting.  It happens.  Plz disclose if you have it in your heart.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• Lolahernandez13579
      By Lolahernandez13579
      Hi! Me again, I wanted to ask a few more questions and hope you take the time to read and help me.
      So Ive been sleeping with the same boy since September. He’s the only boy I’ve ever had unprotected sex with, I went to get checked and I’m clear for everything but herpes as it is not in the regular check. Once I found this out I then developed this obsession, I would spend at least four hours a day looking at photos online and my vagina, comparing my vagina to anything, with any spot I had, any piece of dry skin, any itch, I immediately thought it was down to that. 

I’ve had a doctor tell me I’ve convinced myself I have it even though there’s nothing wrong and even considered I should speak to a psychologist (bad I know)
      I have had the doctors check photos (due to covid) at least 10 times now and they’ve all given me explanations (fordyce spots, heat rash, etc) but I can’t seem to stop worrying. 

We’ve not had sex since November and I’m only panicking about every little thing since February because I noticed a patch of skin which ended up being decoloration. 

None of the stuff I’ve had have never looked like blisters but then again sometimes this happens.

I recently made myself so ill with stress, I collapsed and spent the day in A&E, I got loads of tests done and they found no infection in my blood (which is a good sign right?). He told me there was no elevated white blood cells and everything looked healthy.
      The most recent I’ve had red around my vagina, sometimes it’s like dry skin, the doctors are testing for bacterial or fungal infections and if it’s unknown I’m getting a referral to a gynaecologist. I’ve swabbed the area and get back my results on Friday or Monday.
      but again they told me it does not look like herpes or anything to be concerned about.
      do you think this is a psychological thing? Am I stressing myself out about nothing? The doctors have told me I’ve nothing to worry about but I have severe anxiety so it’s all I do lol. Please give me your opinions 
      note the boy I’m with has also been tested and was negative for everything. He’s not my boyfriend yet which is why I don’t want to talk to him about this, which is why I’m here, I’m suppose to see him Sunday, but I wanted you guys opinion first! 

the only symptoms I’ve really had is tingling, but I’ve read that could be due to stress. I’ve had back pain but I always have that. No swollen lypo glands, no ulcers or blisters, I’m itchy now and again but it’s usually after I’ve been working and sweating.
      PLEASE HELP ME
    • Lolahernandez13579
      By Lolahernandez13579
      So I regular get checked for stds but herpes is not in the routine check like you mostly know and in the U.K. you can't get checked unless you have a blister. I recently got these like white patches on my pubic area, I spoke to the doctor and they dismissed it as just decoloration. Next, I had spots show up, they are red and itchy which is why I noticed them, they appeared on my thighs, on my butt, down my legs (front and back) and up my stomach, again I phoned they doctors and they said it was a heat rash and nothing to worry about. I then had a white spot appear on my pubic area, quite big, spoke to the doctors again and they told me it's just a cyst and nothing to worry about. The doctors have told me I'm extremely paranoid and I've convinced myself I have it but everything they've seen is fine. Do I take what they say to be true? Do I stop googling hours on end whether I see anything that looks slightly like mine and have a mental breakdown? I'm so worried guys and I just have a weird feeling. I have no symptoms except what I mentioned above and itching. This is driving me insane.
    • schnauzerlover
      By schnauzerlover
      I was diagnosed 5 years ago hsv2+ by blood test. I requested the test because of constant vulvar and hip pain. 
      I was prescribed 1g valacyclovir daily for suppression, no relief.
      I have prodrome symptoms that last for weeks even months at a time, burning, itching, tingling in my labia and perineum area as well as joint pain in my right hip. I have to date, never had any kind of visible outbreak. I'm currently on day 6 of another "flare up" and went to my NP for a visual check, positive for yeast and bacteria in urine, being treated with antibiotic and diflucan.  Still no visible signs of anything, no redness, swelling, patches, bumps or blisters, my vagina looks completely normal. 
      Is this "normal" for most women or could it be something else? I'm miserable,
      Correction, I looked back at my journal and these symptoms started to flare on 12/28 after antibiotics for Covid, it calmed down for about a week and then started again and has progressed to absolute misery. I am currently on day 3 of Bactrim and 2nd diflucan, which hasn’t helped the yeast symptoms, I’m wondering if it is yeast at all though the swab was positive. My labia is still very irritated and dry with redness today and almost a scale like appearance which is new. I have no pain when urinating or showering/shaving, still no visible bumps, lumps or rashes. I think some of my irritation could be from my nails and all the self exams and pulling of labia to look for changes.
      I call these “flare ups” because I have not felt “normal” since this started 5 years ago, it started out feeling like a yeast infection and has continued since. I had a Rheo injection into the pudendal nerve 6 weeks ago hoping to get some form of relief but so far it has not.
    • FMLLFM
      By FMLLFM
      My girlfriend keeps saying she wants to do oral on me and "swallow".  I know for vaginal sex definitely we'd have to use a condom, but not sure for oral. I know HSV2 prefers the genital area.  Would it be better for her to just use her hands to avoid the extended oral contact and then just "finish" in her mouth? The "swallowing" thing apparently is important to her because she's persistent with it. So is it in semen? Having the green light to just "do it" sounds to good to be true. So I'd like to know how to do this safely. Thank you. (I was diagnosed more than 10 years ago and I'm asymptomatic) 
    • Laguna
      By Laguna
      I've heard that even people who have never had an outbreak but test positive for antibodies can shed about 10% of the time and pass the virus. If that person was in a marriage and didn't want to pass to their partner, and took antivirals, could the antivirals possibly cause the person to start having outbreaks because the virus strengthens or becomes resistant to the meds?
      Some doctors say asymptomatic people don't shed and others say opposite. Makers of antivirals say in the description they can be used by symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals to "reduce" shedding and transmission. 
      Sorry if there's a thread like this but I couldn't find one.
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.