World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Dafodil

Herpes

Dafodil

New to this site new to any group new to herpes. Had problems for a number of years after one sexual encounter where the guy said they were pimples on his genital area. I have had cold sores for many years previously & did not know about genital herpes. I went to a go he said if it itches with sores a week after sex I have genital herpes ,it did itch with sort of sores so then he said bye that'd what you have its nothing a lot of people have it. I then went to 2 clinics apparently I do not have herpes 2 as they tested for that,. They were not sure if I had genital herpes 1 & said the only way to be tested was to come back when I have the sores pimples ect. I already had cold sores so I knew I had herpes 1 on the mouth so I walked away very upset & did not go back. I have not had any treatment & don't know if there is any, I know there is no cure for herpes 1 & am in Australia. I believe I will never be with a man again. Only as friends & have to get used to it. This is difficult as I had no problem of having men interested in me in the past. This is making me feel depressed  especially when I hear of other people being able to have a relationship which is what I have always wanted. I do not want to go with a guy that has herpes 2. As I do not want to get that as well. My kids have grown up & I am alone now & am not going out as I do not want to meet a man when nothings going to happen. I am 55. If anyone can help or suggest anything I would appreciate it,thankyou

Edited by Dafodil

Whyyyyy
3 hours ago, Dafodil said:

New to this site new to any group new to herpes. Had problems for a number of years after one sexual encounter where the guy said they were pimples on his genital area. I have had cold sores for many years previously & did not know about genital herpes. I went to a go he said if it itches with sores a week after sex I have genital herpes ,it did itch with sort of sores so then he said bye that'd what you have its nothing a lot of people have it. I then went to 2 clinics apparently I do not have herpes 2 as they tested for that,. They were not sure if I had genital herpes 1 & said the only way to be tested was to come back when I have the sores pimples ect. I already had cold sores so I knew I had herpes 1 on the mouth so I walked away very upset & did not go back. I have not had any treatment & don't know if there is any, I know there is no cure for herpes 1 & am in Australia. I believe I will never be with a man again. Only as friends & have to get used to it. This is difficult as I had no problem of having men interested in me in the past. This is making me feel depressed  especially when I hear of other people being able to have a relationship which is what I have always wanted. I do not want to go with a guy that has herpes 2. As I do not want to get that as well. My kids have grown up & I am alone now & am not going out as I do not want to meet a man when nothings going to happen. I am 55. If anyone can help or suggest anything I would appreciate it,thankyou

There are dating sites for people with Herpes! :) I would also suggest you get tested to know the type. This can be via swab or blood tests! 

Whyyyyy

You most definitely can be with a man again! A lot of men do not bat an eye to this and if you in fact do have type 1 the rate of transmitting it to a partner is less.

medicalanonymo
On 6/11/2017 at 5:36 PM, Dafodil said:

Most experts say if you have an established (more than 4 months) HSV1 infection then you will not contract HSV1 in another location, unless you were immuno compromised at that time or had cut, injury that directly exposed the virus there.  You prolly don't have genital herpes based on your story and the symptoms you describe.

Your cold sores (OHSV1) has greater probability of transmission to non infected person than GHSV1 (you prolly dont have it). And your age group prolly 60-65% have HSV1 and another ~15% has HSV2 and you can't reinfect them. Please go ahead and have meaningful relationships and disclose your cold sores (OHSV1) before the fun

Good luck

Edited by medicalanonymo