World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
GlitterDx

Squarex Topical

GlitterDx

While more testing is happening to prove these results, researchers are saying the clinical trial showed that one topical application of the Squarex drug showed effectiveness in reducing long-term cold-sore recurrence. 

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-people-have-herpes-number-higher-you-think-scientists-may-have-developed-way-2550577

JHenry

Interesting--makes me wonder about shedding applications?  Thanks for the "find" and sharing it!  Henry

HarryAUS

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing @GlitterDx!

The company has a website: http://squarex-pharma.com/

I guess if it's approved for other uses they can skip phase 1 (safety) of the trial process but still need to complete phase 2-4 (efficacy and dosing) for FDA approval?

Disc0rdant

I heard the propecia hair loss drug can make men sterile.  Not sure if true....

Whyyyyy
9 hours ago, Disc0rdant said:

I heard the propecia hair loss drug can make men sterile.  Not sure if true....

This specific drug?

Disc0rdant
7 hours ago, Whyyyyy said:

This specific drug?

Not sure about the one mentioned here...  If it is propecia or not.

HarryAUS
40 minutes ago, Herpes go away said:

how long for it to be approved ? maybe years coz its only in phase 1

I believe they were able to skip phase one because the drug has already been proven safe for other applications. Their phase 2 trial is well underway. So hopefully not too long!

Herpes go away

if its approved for alopecia and warts maybe its in the market .. and if its in phase two then maybe 5 years so not a great news whatsoever 

HarryAUS
3 hours ago, Herpes go away said:

if its approved for alopecia and warts maybe its in the market .. and if its in phase two then maybe 5 years so not a great news whatsoever 

With respect, I completely disagree. A new, seemingly effective HSV treatment that very few of us had heard of yesterday is advancing through phase 2 trials with very strong interim results. That's fantastic news!

One of my favourite things (short of a cure announcement) is to read about smart scientists who I wasn't previously aware of that are working hard to find HSV cures/better treatments. I wonder how many others are out there that haven't received publicity yet? Go science!

Edited by HarryAUS

Whyyyyy
10 hours ago, Herpes go away said:

Everything you post is negative. I know dealing with this virus is difficult but maybe try to be more optimistic! Things could always be much worse.

Whyyyyy
6 hours ago, HarryAUS said:

With respect, I completely disagree. A new, seemingly effective HSV treatment that very few of us had heard of yesterday is advancing through phase 2 trials with very strong interim results. That's fantastic news!

One of my favourite things (short of a cure announcement) is to read about smart scientists who I wasn't previously aware of that are working hard to find HSV cures/better treatments. I wonder how many others are out there that haven't received publicity yet? Go science!

Does it go through 3 or 4 phases? 

HarryAUS
10 hours ago, Whyyyyy said:

Does it go through 3 or 4 phases? 

I'm not an expert but my understanding is that following a successful phase 3 trial, the drug can be approved, marketed and sold. Phase 4 is when the drug is monitored AFTER being released to the public.

Herpes go away
1 hour ago, HarryAUS said:

I'm not an expert but my understanding is that following a successful phase 3 trial, the drug can be approved, marketed and sold. Phase 4 is when the drug is monitored AFTER being released to the public.

thats what i said so its 5 years away minimum but people r saying its a negative comment .. its a fact 

frustrate

Can anyone find the protocol this paper used? I know squaric acid for warts requires an initial sensitization step where they put a 2% solution on your arm for 2 weeks before applying a 0.2% solution to the warts. It looks like this paper did a first time application with 2% and then a 0.2% application if it recurred, but I can't find the full text. The carrier seems to have been DMSO.