World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Viol93

Sex life

Viol93

Yes it is a given fact that herpes puts a cap on a crazy sex life. However being brave and upfront with people about your condition is so important for your self-respect. That or finding ways to avoid being in that rather uncompromising situation in the first place. Such as maintaining a distance, respecting your body, saying no. If you do reveal the issue, what is there to be worried about? Yes perhaps people will withdraw because they don't want to throw away a night of fun for the possibility of picking up a lifetime condition. But you will save yourself from a lot of time wasters and hurt for sure. 

Edited by Viol93

Lisajd

Ive had a few rejections but otherwise my sex life hasnt changed.  Im less likely to have casual sex now but the option has still been there.  But i always disclose and am respected for that and dont worry about rejection. 

PurpleandGray

I think a guy at work may be interested in me. What do I do? Wait until he asks me on a date? Wait a few dates in to disclose? Also once I disclose is there a way to tell him how he can stay safe if we do have sex? Should I say if we use condoms and avoid sex during my OBs we should be ok? I'm worried about oral sex more. I do have ohsv2. Is there any way to limit spreading it to someone hen giving oral sex? Ty 

WilsoInAus
7 hours ago, PurpleandGray said:

I think a guy at work may be interested in me. What do I do? Wait until he asks me on a date? Wait a few dates in to disclose? Also once I disclose is there a way to tell him how he can stay safe if we do have sex? Should I say if we use condoms and avoid sex during my OBs we should be ok? I'm worried about oral sex more. I do have ohsv2. Is there any way to limit spreading it to someone hen giving oral sex? Ty 

Why do you think you have oral HSV-2? This would be most unusual.

Lurker_No_More

I used to have a very active sex life, and yes HSV has put a total end to it. My sex life has been a big ZERO for a long while now despite my serious needs, but I now avoid women and avoid sex and relationships and everything. 

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, Lurker_No_More said:

I used to have a very active sex life, and yes HSV has put a total end to it. My sex life has been a big ZERO for a long while now despite my serious needs, but I now avoid women and avoid sex and relationships and everything. 

Why? There are 5 billion people on the planet with herpes, many just like you in terms of HSV-2, and most do not choose to avoid sex/relationships on account of herpes.

Edited by WilsoInAus

Lurker_No_More

Not in the part(s) of the world where I live, and where Herpes sounds like something totally unheard of and very scary to say the least. And I am not willing to take advantage of anyone's lack of knowledge either. I don't know, I just kept myself to myself, and I don't know if this is ever changing. I was insatiable for sex at some point of my life, and now I think of it as a beautiful dream from the past. I could be wrong, but that's how it is for me, psychologically. 

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, Lurker_No_More said:

Not in the part(s) of the world where I live, and where Herpes sounds like something totally unheard of and very scary to say the least. And I am not willing to take advantage of anyone's lack of knowledge either. I don't know, I just kept myself to myself, and I don't know if this is ever changing. I was insatiable for sex at some point of my life, and now I think of it as a beautiful dream from the past. I could be wrong, but that's how it is for me, psychologically. 

And there is probably a beautiful woman out there with genital HSV-2 who feels the way you do and you can truly connect with them for all the beautiful dreams of the future!

Lurker_No_More

Thank you for being kind. This is my first moment in YEARS letting out what's inside of me and talking as an HSV+ person. I was in denial, followed by isolation. Tonight is my first moment in years to talk at all. My health issues are escalating as I am suspecting HSV to have started moving to my brain and behind my eyes affecting my once-very-sharp eye vision, so I can worry less at the moment about relationships, and give more focus to my serious health issues, but thanks. It is great being able to talk to someone.

WilsoInAus

That's all a bit unlikely, try to calm down. Do not over Google things!

What types of herpes have you been tested for and what were the results?

Lurker_No_More

Genital herpes, not sure of the type. The doctor said it was HSV2, but his knowledge on the entire topic was questionable at best.

A week ago I developed sudden blurry vision, and the left eye particularly became VERY hazy. First analysis suggested possibility of glaucoma, but fortunately that was later falsified as my retina was found intact. As of yesterday I developed a stiff neck, and today headaches. The vision improves and goes bad again.

I have history with cluster headache, which is another devastating condition, but recently I had burning patches in my mouth, and sore throat, followed by all this crap. Cluster Headache "CH" has got nothing to do with that. Something inflammatory is running through my body, and what could that be for someone already diagnosed with HSV?

Lurker_No_More

Really sorry to sound emotional. It's not the typical me, but I have been on a roller coaster the past week. 

And I am avoiding two women seriously in love with me and willing to get married to me yesterday. They're seriously beautiful and unfortunately in love with me. I am avoiding them like a plague. I think we know why. They don't, though. It's just a bad, bad phase of my life health-wise. Thanks to an evasive virus. I'm on daily L-Lysine tablets 1000 mg. Since I started it two months ago I didn't have an outbreak btw. 

WilsoInAus

How were you diagnosed with HSV? Was it a swab of lesions? Where were the lesions.

Genital herpes cannot cause the eye and head issues you are describing.

Lurker_No_More

An STIs doctor has officially confirmed it while I had an outbreak in the genital area. I already knew before I went to him anyway, as it wasn't too hard to recognize blisters, scabs...etc. 

I have got it also inside the mouth. I received a blow job and kissed on that sad night. Thus I highly suspect that I have got HSV1 in the genital area. 

WilsoInAus

Well that's good news in a sense, as over 90% of women in the Kingdom have HSV-1! You cannot pragmatically infect them again. You really have no issues in dating any women you choose as a result of this.

Lurker_No_More

I'm not from there. I am a foreigner here, but thank you. You are a good personal in general, and I really appreciate all what you said. 

WilsoInAus
4 minutes ago, Lurker_No_More said:

I'm not from there. I am a foreigner here, but thank you. You are a good personal in general, and I really appreciate all what you said. 

Makes no difference, go get one of those beautiful women, the chance of neither have HSV-1 is a mere 1%!

Lurker_No_More

lol. Thank you for being a nice person during hard times. They're Russian "my ex gf before I acquired the virus who doesn't know about my status", and a Moroccan who is a virgin, younger in age, very innocent and naive "definitely deserves better than this shit."

But thank you. 

WilsoInAus

There may even be a higher chance they have HSV-1. 

The point is that your response to having HSV-1 might be disproportionate to what HSV-1 is all about!