World's Largest Herpes Support Group
srf1094

Diagnosed 9 months ago

srf1094

I am 22 and was diagnosed just before my 22 birthday. I had a really bad outbreak and just lost it because I felt like I immediately had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I knew what it was. My boyfriend at the time was super supportive but I got very depressed and I'm still not sure how to deal with it. Every time I meet someone new I push them away before it can go anywhere sexual because I'm scared to tell them I have this. I feel very alone. 

Whyyyyy

Hey love! I'm sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here but I'm so glad you found HC! Do you know what type you have been diagnosed with?

Lisajd

Welcome to the group you are certainly not alone and the best thing you can do is educate yourself about the virus so that you can see that you can maintain a normal life and it does include relationships.  Secondly it is important not to assume that someone will reject you because you do not know their own status or how they feel about it but personally being so young just get on with your life and enjoying doing all the things young people supposed to do and worry about relationships later when you are ready to settle down.