World's Largest Herpes Support Group
trying2livenormal

Where's the cure already?!

trying2livenormal

Listen. I am so sick of this f***ing disease destroying my life. My outbreaks are constant despite meds, herbs, oils, exercise, and diet adjustments. NOTHING makes it better. I would love to be cured. I'm sure everyone on here feels the same way. But, I would take a preventative vaccine in a heartbeat. At least my outbreaks wouldn't be contagious. I am so sick and tired of all of these companies and governments p*ssyfooting around. Hep C has a cure now! Where the F is our cure?! I can't even fathom sex because I have blisters all of the time. That makes it super easy to convince a non-H guy to want to date me (sarcasm included). I'm angry. I'm angry at men because having sex with my cheating boyfriend got me here in this situation today. I'm angry at this virus for torturing me with nonstop itching and blisters. Just when I think I can live a somewhat normal life again, another blister pops up. I'm angry that there isn't enough research and never has been to work on a cure or a preventative vaccine. I'm angry that I'm getting older and have been suffering from this thing for almost 10 years! AND my symptoms got worse as time went on, not better like people say. Only recently since the drug patent of valtrex ended and scientists discovered people were getting genital HSV1 has there been an uptick in attention. I want a cure. I need at least a preventative vaccine. Not in 5 years. In 5 years I will be old as F. I'm on the cusp right now. I need this sh** fixed today people! Heck, I'd settle for next year. I pray my nieces and nephews never get this disease and experience the physical and emotional torture that I have been and continue to go through. F this virus!

Cas9
25 minutes ago, trying2livenormal said:

Listen. I am so sick of this f***ing disease destroying my life. My outbreaks are constant despite meds, herbs, oils, exercise, and diet adjustments. NOTHING makes it better. I would love to be cured. I'm sure everyone on here feels the same way. But, I would take a preventative vaccine in a heartbeat. At least my outbreaks wouldn't be contagious. I am so sick and tired of all of these companies and governments p*ssyfooting around. Hep C has a cure now! Where the F is our cure?! I can't even fathom sex because I have blisters all of the time. That makes it super easy to convince a non-H guy to want to date me (sarcasm included). I'm angry. I'm angry at men because having sex with my cheating boyfriend got me here in this situation today. I'm angry at this virus for torturing me with nonstop itching and blisters. Just when I think I can live a somewhat normal life again, another blister pops up. I'm angry that there isn't enough research and never has been to work on a cure or a preventative vaccine. I'm angry that I'm getting older and have been suffering from this thing for almost 10 years! AND my symptoms got worse as time went on, not better like people say. Only recently since the drug patent of valtrex ended and scientists discovered people were getting genital HSV1 has there been an uptick in attention. I want a cure. I need at least a preventative vaccine. Not in 5 years. In 5 years I will be old as F. I'm on the cusp right now. I need this sh** fixed today people! Heck, I'd settle for next year. I pray my nieces and nephews never get this disease and experience the physical and emotional torture that I have been and continue to go through. F this virus!

Maybe it's just me but I get the feeling you're pissed off. OK, OK just kidding around with you. If it makes you feel any better, I've had ghsv2 for 35 years and I'm 63.

Generally, no matter how much we scream, the cure will come when it comes. In the mean time, we'll all have to manage it. So why don't we focus on that for now.
Please discuss your lifestyle; exercise, foods you eat, and most importantly, your stress level. Let's start there.

Lisajd

Your current status ie anger stress etc will not be helping control your symptoms.  How long have you had it for. What supplements are you taking.  Maybe your diet and exercise is not helping. I know one person who decided to get fit and healthy and had heaps of outbreaks.  Have you looked at some kind of therapy as well to manage your mindset because that can also help you or even meditation

cantdoit
58 minutes ago, trying2livenormal said:

I hear you. Most of us on here feel the same. This virus sucks 

trying2livenormal

Haha! Yeah, I'm pissed. It's hard to stay positive when you have back to back blisters on your chacha though, ya know! So I just felt like having a verbal temper tantrum on this site about my frustrations. 

I'm a bedside nurse, so I know that doesn't help my stress level. Trying to get out of bedside now, but just waiting for the right job. Cardio helps my stress, so I don't believe stopping that would benefit me. I work out 3x a week. I can't do yoga. I find it boring. I currently take valtrex, b complex vitamins and hair/skin/nail vitamins daily. I used tee tree oil to burn the blister bastards off. Sometimes it works better than others. And I use coconut oil when the itching gets unbearable. I tried lysine in the past and it was a waste. I'm not even sure the valtrex does anything... I know acyclovir was a dud.  For food I eat chicken, turkey, fish, multigrains, fruits, veggies... and the dreaded but delicious chocolate. I've heard chocolate isn't good for us H'ers but it makes me happy and is one thing I will never give up. I tried to let it go a few times, but that resulted in binge eating. HA! I haven't tried bovine closotrum yet. Seen some people post about it and how well it works. So maybe I will try that next.

I'm pretty bummed about how these vaccine studies have been going, too. Dr. Halford was so convinced his would work, and I believed him. Although the final results aren't out, you'd have it admit people's posts about their trial experience have been a let down. True, we have to wait for official results... but I'm feeling quite discouraged. I was looking forward to a vacation/vaccine in St. Kitts!

Lisajd

I understand constant obs would get you down.  Ive always had issues with my muscles since meningoccal disease 15 yrs ago. I guess im used to it now and push through but sometimes it gets to me when its multiple locations.  Keep your chin up best you can. 

Cas9
12 minutes ago, trying2livenormal said:

Haha! Yeah, I'm pissed. It's hard to stay positive when you have back to back blisters on your chacha though, ya know! So I just felt like having a verbal temper tantrum on this site about my frustrations. 

I'm a bedside nurse, so I know that doesn't help my stress level. Trying to get out of bedside now, but just waiting for the right job. Cardio helps my stress, so I don't believe stopping that would benefit me. I work out 3x a week. I can't do yoga. I find it boring. I currently take valtrex, b complex vitamins and hair/skin/nail vitamins daily. I used tee tree oil to burn the blister bastards off. Sometimes it works better than others. And I use coconut oil when the itching gets unbearable. I tried lysine in the past and it was a waste. I'm not even sure the valtrex does anything... I know acyclovir was a dud.  For food I eat chicken, turkey, fish, multigrains, fruits, veggies... and the dreaded but delicious chocolate. I've heard chocolate isn't good for us H'ers but it makes me happy and is one thing I will never give up. I tried to let it go a few times, but that resulted in binge eating. HA! I haven't tried bovine closotrum yet. Seen some people post about it and how well it works. So maybe I will try that next.

I'm pretty bummed about how these vaccine studies have been going, too. Dr. Halford was so convinced his would work, and I believed him. Although the final results aren't out, you'd have it admit people's posts about their trial experience have been a let down. True, we have to wait for official results... but I'm feeling quite discouraged. I was looking forward to a vacation/vaccine in St. Kitts!

Judging from your comments, you certainly don't sound laid back. Maybe that contributes to your OBs. Keeping your immune system in peak performance is also very important. So, for example, if you workout too vigorously and/or too often, that can actually run down your immune system. The amount of sleep you get also affects your immune system. How much quality sleep do you get; how many hours etc...

BTW, I don't have a chacha :)

Poisonflower
On 6/14/2017 at 4:12 PM, trying2livenormal said:

Is it true??!! Tell me that's not real!  Chocolate?! CHOCOLATE???!!! look with this crap disease I don't get many pleasures...so not only does it take my sex life away, I gotta give up CHOCOLATE?! I draw the line here f*** that!

1aday
2 hours ago, Poisonflower said:

Is it true??!! Tell me that's not real!  Chocolate?! CHOCOLATE???!!! look with this crap disease I don't get many pleasures...so not only does it take my sex life away, I gotta give up CHOCOLATE?! I draw the line here f*** that!

Haha! I know, right?  I give myself cheat days for chocolate... which happens a lot of times and I definitely feel prodrome the next day.  The more chocolate I eat on the cheat day, the more intense the prodrome is.  Sometimes I just really get desperate and eat them. Don't even care about the h sensations.  

Lisajd

Maybe try and substitute your chocolate for something better quality because it could be that the quality of the chocolate contributes as well.  Go for something that has cacao in it.