World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Waitingu

My Story While I Await Bloodwork Results

Waitingu

It seems silly to be writing all this out, since I'm 99% sure the results will be HSV+, but I'm still waiting to hear back about my bloodwork. 

Three days ago I noticed a small whitehead on my labia. There were no traditional warning signs of an OB before this (to be fair, I did have a sore throat in the days before, but a lot of my friends were sick at the same time so I brushed that off), and I'm pretty on top of my business, so I know this thing just popped up overnight. Like an idiot, I squeezed it. Sebum came out, not liquid, not remotely close to liquid. No blood. Like, traditional pimple stuff. I thought little else of it and went along my way to work. At a certain point I went to the bathroom to pee, and apparently my labia had (via my normal mucosa or otherwise) gotten stuck to my underwear, so when I pulled them down it hurt! I'm worried that may have exacerbated the lesion. It's healing now (as normal skin, no crusting) and there has been no oozing, no pain. It's just the one spot.

Now, the thing that concerns me most is that this happened once before, around seven years ago. A single pimple on the labia, in almost the same place. No pain/irritation, no ooze or crusting. I got tested but was unaware that HSV was not on a normal STD panel, so I thought it was clear, and have been under the same impression for STD checks since. Sounds like a recurrence, though, so there are all these questions now. If I'm HSV+ and this is a recurrence of a virus I contracted at least seven years ago, what will my bloodwork show? It would have to be an accurate positive since this would be an active outbreak, right? It seems like I waited too long for a swab (48 hours is apparently best for accuracy), so I'm just wondering what information I'll even be able to parse out of the bloodwork if this has been in my body for so long.

Any help is appreciated!

Lisajd

If you get an igg blood test and it comes up positive it means that you have had it longer than 3 months and this is a recurring outbreak.   Your best bet is to try and get a swab especially if you do have another outbreak but just hang in there until you get your blood work done and then come back to us but what you're saying is definitely possible

Disc0rdant
2 hours ago, Waitingu said:

It seems silly to be writing all this out, since I'm 99% sure the results will be HSV+, but I'm still waiting to hear back about my bloodwork. 

Three days ago I noticed a small whitehead on my labia. There were no traditional warning signs of an OB before this (to be fair, I did have a sore throat in the days before, but a lot of my friends were sick at the same time so I brushed that off), and I'm pretty on top of my business, so I know this thing just popped up overnight. Like an idiot, I squeezed it. Sebum came out, not liquid, not remotely close to liquid. No blood. Like, traditional pimple stuff. I thought little else of it and went along my way to work. At a certain point I went to the bathroom to pee, and apparently my labia had (via my normal mucosa or otherwise) gotten stuck to my underwear, so when I pulled them down it hurt! I'm worried that may have exacerbated the lesion. It's healing now (as normal skin, no crusting) and there has been no oozing, no pain. It's just the one spot.

Now, the thing that concerns me most is that this happened once before, around seven years ago. A single pimple on the labia, in almost the same place. No pain/irritation, no ooze or crusting. I got tested but was unaware that HSV was not on a normal STD panel, so I thought it was clear, and have been under the same impression for STD checks since. Sounds like a recurrence, though, so there are all these questions now. If I'm HSV+ and this is a recurrence of a virus I contracted at least seven years ago, what will my bloodwork show? It would have to be an accurate positive since this would be an active outbreak, right? It seems like I waited too long for a swab (48 hours is apparently best for accuracy), so I'm just wondering what information I'll even be able to parse out of the bloodwork if this has been in my body for so long.

Any help is appreciated!

Very likely will show positive over 2.5

My HSV1 has shown a range, though 5-20!

Disc0rdant
2 hours ago, Waitingu said:

Any help is appreciated!

Plz tell us your results either way.  I think you are negative

Waitingu

Well, I got my results back just now and of course they're confusing, but I tested positive for HSV-1. 

IGG showed quite high, 35.3 - and the IGM showed 1.4. I know I shouldn't even bother trying to assess the results of the IGM, especially since I have Epstein Barr, which I hear can interact with that particular test. But I'd be curious to hear any interpretations or experience with similar labs.

This seems to have answered my most pressing question, which was that - if this is indeed an HSV OB, then it isn't primary, the sore throat I had was probably non-related, and I've had this for quite awhile, right? I just wanted to know if I could have contracted it from my most recent partner, or if it was likely from my last very long-term relationship or even before. 

Le sigh.

WilsoInAus

The most likely explanation is that this is an oral infection from childhood and that your genital issues are unrelated to herpes.

Disc0rdant
3 hours ago, Waitingu said:

Well, I got my results back just now and of course they're confusing, but I tested positive for HSV-1. 

IGG showed quite high, 35.3 - and the IGM showed 1.4. I know I shouldn't even bother trying to assess the results of the IGM, especially since I have Epstein Barr, which I hear can interact with that particular test. But I'd be curious to hear any interpretations or experience with similar labs.

This seems to have answered my most pressing question, which was that - if this is indeed an HSV OB, then it isn't primary, the sore throat I had was probably non-related, and I've had this for quite awhile, right? I just wanted to know if I could have contracted it from my most recent partner, or if it was likely from my last very long-term relationship or even before. 

Le sigh.

If you have not been with anyone the last 6 mos, you can bet you are only + for hsv1.  Now, could you have hsv1 downstairs?  Yes.  It would prob need to be swabbed to confirm.  The spot you popped could be hsv, bacterial, fungal/yeast or something else.  

Need swab to confirm that part.  My HSV1 igg number has been as high as 25.  

Joe1976

I agree with wilso that hsv-1 is more than likely long time oral infection as you would probably noticed initial ghsv1 ob. Anyways this should not be any sort of problem where it is as you are not having symptoms of anything too often right? You could just disclose you carry coldsore virus like most of people and thats it if you are worried about that part. 

Edited by Joe1976

worrier123

I know way before I ever had any sort of sexual contact I randomly used to get a spot in the same place from shaving every now and again, exactly how you described it. If it was your outer labia, it could be a hair follicle that has caused the issue to arise more than once. You know your body best of course, but just thought I'd say what I was thinking reading your post (if it is possibly the case that you already got hsv1 in younger days but never had a coldsore ob as others have said). Just something to consider, I hope you find out somehow so you can put your mind at rest :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Tack99
      By Tack99
      June 3rd I may of been exposed to Herpes.
      Performed oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand.  A few days later, "felt off" and got tested on the 7th (negative for all stds, but not tested for herpes)
      Took a round of Doxycycline the following week around the 14th for a few days as I was feeling extremely Hot and urinating frequently.  It seemed to help for an instant, however still feeling off.
      Tested again n the 28th - Negative for all stds including HSV igg however positive for HSV igm with an index of 1.14 (Positive being anything greater than 1.1) *approximately 26 days after suspected exposure
      Dr. prescribed Valacyclovir 2x day.  Started taking medication July 2nd.  
      Pain and discomfort in the penis continuing.  With sensations in the pelvic area and kidneys.
      Tested again on July 20th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.
      Tested again August 6th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.

I have been taking valacyclovir since July 2nd 2x daily.
      I have felt just not right since the possible exposure date (or shortly after).
      My penis has gone through feelings of tingling sensations, heat, pain but not to touch, pain in my pelvis.  Things seemed to of started with a burning sensation in the inner thigh.
      I feel as I am having shooting sensation in my legs and occasionally have an itchy/tingle around where my pubic hair is from time to time.  Hell, today and maybe yesterday I've noticed tingling in my scalp.
      I tried again today to not take the valacyclovir and lasted until about 11:30 am after waking up around 8 am.  My lips and the skin around my face starts to burn and the tingling around the pubic hair area of my genitals increase in its sensations.  It's almost as a sleeping demon is waking up when I don't take the meds.  When I take it, it takes about a day or so for things to get back in control.
      My penis/genitals have also not smelled the same since.  It seems my scent has changed. 
      Today is day 68 - is this how it's going to be forever?  
      I am worried I have this all over my face as the burning is in the corners of my mouth and down my chin, as well as my nose.
      I have not shown any sores however I do feel my penis and scrotum has felt hot and sometimes red, typically on the head of the penis at the urethra.  Multiple dr's say it looks normal to them.
      I am so lost and feel like I am falling apart physically, mentally and emotionally.  I guess I just wait until week 12 (in a few more weeks) to maybe test positive... but then what? 

• Quest
      By Quest
      Sanguine108 believed in St John's wort combo therapy and I was looking for elements/actions that would give me everything to punch HSV2 from many angles and give me-
      1. body that was alkaline since hsv loves an acid anaerobic environment.  Apple cider vinegar or lemon/lime water minus an overload of carbs. Possibly Keto like Bethany. Fulvic Acid (thanks JxC) to keep it alkaline and get the much-needed minerals entering at a cellular level.
      2. To build the immune system, I was short on DHEA. I will probably look into boosting immune system with the correct amount of vitamin A, B complex, E, zinc picolinate /quality zinc do not ingest zinc oxide, Iodine, extra vitamin D, 4000iu , extra Vit C possible liposomal ( or make your own because liposomal C and glutathione is so pricey) unless you take it to bowel tolerance, minerals like boron,  magnesium citrate,  (unless you want the Hershey squirts)   Ashwagandha powder (1t) to get the thyroid humming perfectly, and Glutathione immunity booster, it is involved all our cells and our number one antioxidant. Take them as directed more is not better especially vit A

9 ways to boost glutathione https://draxe.com/glutathione/
      3. dissolving the lipid coating of HSV 2 with St. John's wort and BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene), an FDA-approved food preservative - I have only been using it for a week. Book -http://www.projectwellbeing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/BHTbook-StevenWmFowkes-100903.pdf less than a gram/1000mg (more is not better) because it is less expensive or a combo of Brand-Lauricidin/ monolaurin on a lower dose because it is costly.
      https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/ask-the-doctor/herpes/
      "Regarding the natural treatment of herpes infection, we can take advantage of the characteristics of the virus to impact its tendency to erupt. Since the virus is essentially a piece of DNA surrounded by a fatty layer, if we target this aspect we can largely “disable” the virus. Luckily, we have two substances which are known to target this tendency of the virus.
      First, the herb Hypericum perforatum, commonly known as St. John’s wort, contains a chemical called hypericin. It is hypericin that gives the red color to the oil glands in the leaves, and it is hypericin that selectively targets the lipid capsule of viruses.
      For centuries, physicians have valued St. John’s wort as a nervine, meaning a medicine that targets the nervous system. Thus practitioners have traditionally used St. John’s wort to treat depression and toothache. Remember that the nervous system consists largely of cells with fatty coatings, similar to the encapsulated viruses. The plant in its wisdom contains the active chemical hypericin in an oily base, and because oil only dissolves in oil, it penetrates the oily tissues of the body, that is, the nerve cells, where hypericin then dissolves the lipid coating of the virus. (wow, heavy claim) I generally prefer Mediherb herbal products because of their potency. The dose is two tablets twice per day, even for the very long term. I did not get that exact brand.
      The second characteristic takes advantage of the virus-disabling effect of lauric acid, the 12-carbon fatty acid found in breast milk fat and in coconut oil. Thanks to the work of Mary Enig, readers of this journal are familiar with the anti-microbial benefits of lauric acid and other short- and medium-chain fatty acids found in coconut oil. During digestion, the body breaks triglycerides (three fatty acids joined to a glycerol molecule) into di-glycerides (two fatty acids joined to a glycerol molecule), monoglycerides (one fatty acid joined to a glycerol molecule) and free fatty acids. It is the monoglycerol of lauric acid, called monolaurin, that has the strongest anti-microbial effects.
      For years, I counseled my herpes patients to eat as much coconut oil, as they could stomach. However, in the past year, I discovered a product called Lauricidin, which is a concentrate or pure form of monolaurin. One dose of  Brand name -Lauricidin is the equivalent of taking many tablespoons of coconut oil per day, a practice most people find intolerable. I have been consistently impressed with the ability of Lauricidin to suppress herpes outbreaks, not to mention yeast problems like candida (monolaurin is also a potent anti-fungal agent), and allow people to get off their antiviral drugs. It is a safe extract, which can be taken long term. The usual dose to suppress the herpes is about 1/2 to 1 scoop, one to three times per day. It should be swallowed, not chewed, and always taken with some food. The dose should be increased slowly as tolerated and as gauged by its effectiveness.
      In addition, we must pay attention to the overall microbial content of our bodies, as we know that good bacteria actually synthesize antiviral substances. For most, this will mean following a nourishing traditional diet containing a variety of lacto-fermented foods; for others, a temporary GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) diet may be needed. The fermented cod liver oil is important at the dose of at least one-half teaspoon per day.
      With this regimen, most of my patients have been able to avoid both the conventional antiviral drugs and the painful symptoms of genital herpes..."
      4. Reducing inflammation with turmeric/ curcumin and delivering oxygen to the system since HSV is anaerobic (without oxygen) Just like cancer. I like  Fulvic acid; MSM and MMS, the two are very different- please follow the directions to the T and don't use with antioxidants or they will not work unless you take them apart!! don't use all these together. They have some of the same actions.
      5. Sleep 8 hours in a dark room or mask the eyes so you able to manufacture melatonin and put the stress hormone to sleep while you sleep with Phosphatidylserine especially if you grind your teeth or can't sleep.
      6. reduce stress by exercising (but not overdoing it) ...you fill in the blank. I use fluoxetine for sugar cravings and anxiety. 5 and 6 should really be 1. and 2. because nothing kills immunity like stress, sugar, and lack of sleep!!! thank you Cracked. 
      7. L-arginine L- lysine balance in foods. If you eat/drink foods high in arginine, take some lysine! 
      ETA: I am experimenting with BHT butylated hydroxytoluene loved the book and reviews! ( don't take high levels) Unfortunately, I have family members who have had cancer and I really have a lot of work to do until I get in the habit. I can't just do a few things and get away with it! I don't know if I can do it all, but I really love the results that FeelingNormalAgain has and I also want a functional cure! Cancer victims work very hard on their protocol and I unfortunately need more effort in mine! If you actually got this far you are tenacious! 
      I am going to a natural practitioner and they will be evaluating my blood under a microscope to look for inflammation,  and how active my T cells are which will give them a picture of my immunity. There is one thing for sure, I can take all the lipid dissolving BHT St John's wort or monolaurin I want, but if my T-cells are not active enough to kill the HSV2 I will get outbreaks! Please feel free to add any links or tips! Many substances have the same actions and are just as good! They will also be evaluating my stress levels via inflammation (it looks like little hairs under a microscope.)
      I trust Dr. Axe, Dr. Mercola, and doctors in the Holtorf organization. 

• hk81
      By hk81
      Hi
      I need advices from people who have experience with ocular herpes.
      3 years ago I had a few meetings with an asshole liar that denied to have any disease.
      Despite my being careful, I could not avoid to get infected because of his careless attitude.
      2 days after one meeting I developed a small peripheral corneal ulcer in my left eye; my doctor didn't relate it to sexual diseases and after a few days of wrong treatment (she told me to put gentamicin cream in the eye!!), it went away. I believe that I may have touched my eyes carelessly, as it was late and it was my normal behavior from getting tired.
      After another meeting with the guy (about 1 month later), I developed blisters in my genital area. It was a large outbreak, like a primary one. I couldn't see the area well, but I think there were more blisters one near the other, very painful. They caused a large single ulcer which took 3 weeks to heal. I went to a STD ambulatory but the doctor, by looking at it (the healing ulcer), said that it didn't look like herpes. I asked for swabs. To my bad surprise, she did not even make an herpes test and she told me later that it was not tested in her hospital (!!). I have never had such a painful and long outbreak again later, but only very short and mild ones.
      2 months later the blister in the eye came back. I went to an optic and he prescribed me antibacterial drops and steroids.
      About one year later I had a diagnosis of HSV1 in the urethra, which increased my suspects that that person had HSV. He still denied everything and when I asked him to get tested, he blocked all my contacts (I'm still considering how to report such a person).
      For almost 2 years my eye didn't have any problem, even if I went into a lot of stress (relocation, new job, a person toying with my feelings and poor sleep periods with anxiety, lots of exposure to sun, ...).
      I also had several vaccinations (HPV, Hepatitis, Tetanus), which I have recently finished (and they make me wonder if they made any good to my immune system).

At the beginning of this year the problems with my eye started again.
      The first time I had small blisters in both eyes. In my left eye it's almost always in the same place. My right eye was never affected before.
      The second time I had again blisters in the left eye, this time after not much sleep and a day on the snow. Then in the right eye.
      I started visiting an ambulance for eye problems; every time I had a bad case of red eye, I went back to show it. In total I have been looked by 7 people, both when I had blisters and when I only had a bad red eye.
      Some of them stained my eye with pigments and watched through the lenses. Every time they told me it was not looking like herpes; probably they expected to see the typical branching lesion caused by herpes.
      Some of them said it was bacteria growing on my eye lids, some said I had dry eyes and my oil glands were obstructed. So most of the time I had indications to treat it with artificial tears or antibacterial drops and steroids (lotemax, prednisolone). One doctor once gave me acyclovir eye gel, not being sure if it really was herpes (after my indication).
      During the last visit (red eye only with no visible blisters, after a week end in the sun), I asked if I could get a swab. So they took it and they tested both chlamydia and Herpes. Both were negative.
      Despite their recommendation to use steroids, I applied also the acyclovir gel. I was surprised by the prescription of steroids without having properly tested for herpes. It is known that steroids reduce the immune response, that causes a proliferation of the virus and could make the infection worst.
      I applied the gel only to the affected eye. The redness would decrease significantly after 1 day and after 3 days it was almost looking normal. 1 week later after the start of the redness, the symptom appeared in the untreated eye. So I started to treat that eye in the same way. Then back again to the previous eye. And this continued from the beginning of the year until now (7 months).
      The redness is often accompanied with pain in the same side of my head. Often it happened after sun exposure (in summer period), biking for long, swimming training. Sometimes the affected eye has a small morning discharge near the lacrimal gland (yellow). Sometimes when I put artificial drops, I get some white patches on my eye lids, like if the tears are bringing out of my eye dead/dried skin.
      Many of these things are still making me suspect of herpes.
      So I would need some suggestions from people that have had the same problem. Can you relate to my symptoms? How did you get diagnosed? Is a swab a reliable test, or does it have many false negative? Did you get so many recurrences of red eye? And what did you do to stop them?
      I'm really depressed for what is happening to me and all the limitations that this is imposing me to my life. And also by the fact that I can't seem to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
      Thank you for your help.
      L.
    • Antoinette63
      By Antoinette63
      I’m a woman with HSV-2 in my vaginal area. I’ve never had symptoms orally & was diagnosed from swabs from my vaginal area.
      i gave the woman I’ve been dating for the past 3 weeks oral sex a few days ago, and had “the talk” with her after. She was ok and said we could figure out how to protect her from getting it. Now she’s  having cold symptoms that are getting progressively worse, similar to what I had when I had my first outbreak. I’m very afraid now that I may have HSV2 orally & I just didn’t know I had it & gave it to her. 
      What should I do?? She’s  going to feel like I lied to them. 😩
    • abdull81
      By abdull81
      alsalam aliykom sisters and brothers
      im looking for 7alal inshaAllah .. i have been diagnosed hsv2 since 5 years ago .. my ex wife passed it to me .. i was 32 years old virgin man .. she was my first but ..alhamdulillah i
      believe that every thing happens for reason .. anyway
      im here seeking 7alal so we can complete and love each other .. may Allah make it easy for us to find our ways 

E mail:   mohammed_tempe@hotmail.com
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.