World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
please tell

please tell whether i have herpes ?

please tell

dear friends , during my suspected sexual encounter  i remember there was a slight tear in condom . after 3-4 days redness and swollen penis tip were the symptoms ....then after about a month a slight cut on head base was visible which turned into ulcer......i waited about 3 months to get tested for all stds ........lab results were all negative except hsv2 4.5 igg.....i got devastated....but seen several posts about false positive ,,,so i again collected my strength and wen for another lab...lab results were both hsv 1 &2 negative ie below 1 test was again igg.......now i got happy and confused both...so as a remedy to my confusion i got retested again in a renowned lab for hsv...results were same herpes igg NEGATIVE.......as far as symptoms are considered i do not developed any blisters or ulcer as a out break ever since 1 yr after exposure ,,,,but i do have occasional redness and soreness on same spot again and again which gives some type of burning sensation,, ans yes im uncircumcised and some smegma develops even before encounter ....guys pls help and clear my mind with your knowledge nd experiences 

Edited by please tell
spelling

WilsoInAus

Hey mate and welcome.

I think it is fair to say that you most probably were not infected in the episode you describe. However as a sexually active adult there are always possibilities.

I note you are India thus it is not clear what your first IgG result means. What was positive for this test? Were the results expressed as Ru/mL?

please tell

@WilsoInAus thank u brother , first test was igg ....and it was stated that below 1 is negative and some 1-1.2 was equivocal i guess in all countries same representation is done ...and yes im not sexually active just 3-4 protected  encounters in 4-5 years ....what make u think im  not infected ..? ....and how is it possible for two back to back negative results(below 1 Igg) after one positive result with not so low value ie 4.5 .....now what should i do to rule out all possibilities? Should i get retested for igg blood test again ? Or should i consider myself a herpes free guy . Thanks 

WilsoInAus

There are different tests. The Euroiummun is an example where >20 is positive, I believe this test is not uncommon in India.

The most likely explanation is a lab error for the positive test, a mixed up sample or contamination or manual process error with the control.

Two negative tests carry a lot of weight. If you have never had lesions on your penis that also adds considerable weight.

The balance of probabilities is clearly with you not carrying the advice. If you want further confidence, then I suggest one of the following:

- request blood samples to be drawn at the same time and sent to two labs with one doing the Herpeselect and one doing Euroimmun; or

- if you can afford it, see if it is possible to obtain a Westernblot, printout the information from the University of Washington website and see what your doctor thinks can be done.

please tell

Thanks a lot .....but as i mentioned redness and burning sensation and sore ness on the same spot on penile head is still there ...  And probably about one month after encounter near  my penile head base a slight cut was observed which turned into shallow ulcer (no blisters etc) ...which healed and after that i didn't developed any shallow ulcer as well till date... are these not hsv symptoms ? ... .i would like to ask you is it possible to show up  two false negative tests ? And is it possible that some guys do not develop antibodies to show up on igg ? ....

Edited by please tell
spelling

WilsoInAus

Herpes symptoms will not generally take a month to appear after infection, usually within a week. Cuts are a rare symptom and even then far more common for females.

False negatives occur 1-2% of the time for a HSV-2 test and this is more commonly for people who have had the virus a long time.

please tell

Thank you for replying so fast.. U are a nice human being.. I will do the same as u suggested ...u certainly gave me some confidence...could i message u personally  after getting any update from my next test?... It was very nice talking u . :) 

Edited by please tell

WilsoInAus

Anytime mate, and please keep the whole board updated. Many people read the internet for stories (they probably shouldn't but they do!) and it would be great for everyone to see the outcome.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I made it to month four without a visible sign of an outbreak. I had a really bad outbreak in the ending of April and was diagnosed with GHSV1. My initial outbreak took about a month to heal and left scars (a lighter pigmentation from my overall complexion on my genitals). Sadly I have been ridiculously paranoid to the point I have taken two 7 day treatments of Valtrex. More than likely it was probably just yeast infections (I get them way more than I should, even before getting hsv). I also take lysine twice a day and three times a day when I feel like an outbreak is coming on. I’ve been applying tea tree to my genitals everyday since getting diagnosed to dry out any potential outbreaks that are present that I possibly mistake for an ingrown hair. When does the worrying stop? How often have anyone on this forum with GHSV1 get outbreaks? What’s are some good tips and tricks?
    • Claire_B
      By Claire_B
      I don't know if anyone else has gone through this, but if your partner has genital herpes and then you were later diagnosed with it (even after using protection), how did you tell them? My partner told me he had genital herpes before we had sex. We've been careful but I have a suspicious itchy blister today, plus am feeling very run down. Making apt. with my doctor in the morning; meanwhile, my partner is out of town. I'm not sure how to tell him if the diagnosis is positive...do not want him to blame himself or be upset because we're committed and he was honest from the start. (And truthfully, right now, I am scared...but I again don't want that to come across as his fault.) Anyone been here before? Thoughts on how to tell him?
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I am new to the herpes world. I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 on May 17th. I was dating two guys at once (one I was sexually active with and someone else). The last person I had sex with, I am pretty sure he’s the one that gave it to me. I did disclose to all of my sex partners using text free because I was too embarrassed to reveal myself. But anyway, today I disclosed to the other guy I was seeing when I found out that I was gHSV-1 positive. We have been seeing one another one to two time a week and have planned basically our whole summer out. Even though he wanted to take it slow we are most definitely sexually attracted to one another and planned on having sex somewhere along the lines. This morning I decided to disclose via text that I have ghsv-1. I gave him some fact/transmission rates and have left everything in his hands. He’s currently at work and asked if it’ll be okay for him to call me when he gets off. Let’s see how this turns out. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. I will keep you guys posted.
    • beloved803
      By beloved803
      Hello everyone,
      I tested positive for HSV 1 & 2 yesterday. In these short 24 hours my emotion's have been on a roller coaster.  Sometimes I feel like I am normal and I can get over this mentally but then sometimes I break down and cry and feel so nasty about myself and the decisions I've made in life. Anyways I'm not writing on here to throw myself a pitty party but instead to find out what you guys prefer. Do you take medicine if so do you take it daily or just when you have outbreaks? Do you do the natural way and if so what are your recipes? What do you think are the pros and cons to either. I just really don't want to take a pill everyday to remind me of my choices. Any feedback is appreciated.
    • clarke53
      By clarke53
      hi has anyone here ever tryed biogetica  if so did it work?
  • Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

• HerpesOrNot
      @DJwah curious about your results. anything you can share?
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks. Did you experience general discomfort when urinating for quite a while after the excruciating part was done, or was it instantly over after the week with antivirals? 
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks for the response.  I have been tested for HSV over and over for 5 months (IgM 1 time and IgG over 5 times) and been negative on everything, including a swab of a red rash and of an irritated urethral opening.  My very first symptom of anything was VERY painful urination that lasted about a day or two if I recall, followed a week or so later by a sore throat, chills, night sweats, and fatigue.  Things settled for maybe a few days, then came an extremely itchy anus/rectum with redness for weeks, itchy groin with no redness at all, then eventual red, itchy rash in groin and increase in redness on penile skin with mild itching. Never had a lesion or blister anywhere from what I've seen. Nothing seems to coincide with typical herpes, but herpes isn't always typical from what I've learned. Creams of all kinds from doctors are not helping at all.  I seem to have a new bug no one has ever come across (doubtful), or an atypical case of herpes or something similar. 
    • WilsoInAus
      No, Sebi was a fraud. This article is an interesting summary. https://www.thebody.com/article/dr-sebi-did-not-cure-hiv-nipsey-hussle-documentary If you’re basing the possibility of ‘cures’ on Sebi, I’ve got a car for sale that’s had one careful lady driver! Its simply fact that of the 40 billion people who have ever had HSV 1/2, not one eradicated it from their body.
    • Mr Fasting
      I'm amazed people do not think outside the box and to go to great efforts to reply to me saying "it's not curable" I simply cannot understand. If you truly believe Western Medicine and they say it's not curable then whatever they claim in the future you will live your life with their scientific proof. I simply have posted here to hear from like minded people who are juicing and doing colonics to see what their results are. People who have had cancer have cured it with a alternative lifestyle becoming vegan etc so if cancer is cureable who can't you open your mind and just think could hsv be curable? did you know Dr Sebi was taken to court because he claimed he cured someone with Aids? He turned up with 25 people who he cured of all illnesses and was let off. So please spare me your thought's of "It's not curable" as I will never belive that. Unless you have some experiences with juicing and colonics you wish to share then do not comment on this thread. Will no longer reply to closed minded sad people like yourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.