World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
please tell

please tell whether i have herpes ?

please tell

dear friends , during my suspected sexual encounter  i remember there was a slight tear in condom . after 3-4 days redness and swollen penis tip were the symptoms ....then after about a month a slight cut on head base was visible which turned into ulcer......i waited about 3 months to get tested for all stds ........lab results were all negative except hsv2 4.5 igg.....i got devastated....but seen several posts about false positive ,,,so i again collected my strength and wen for another lab...lab results were both hsv 1 &2 negative ie below 1 test was again igg.......now i got happy and confused both...so as a remedy to my confusion i got retested again in a renowned lab for hsv...results were same herpes igg NEGATIVE.......as far as symptoms are considered i do not developed any blisters or ulcer as a out break ever since 1 yr after exposure ,,,,but i do have occasional redness and soreness on same spot again and again which gives some type of burning sensation,, ans yes im uncircumcised and some smegma develops even before encounter ....guys pls help and clear my mind with your knowledge nd experiences 

Edited by please tell
spelling

WilsoInAus

Hey mate and welcome.

I think it is fair to say that you most probably were not infected in the episode you describe. However as a sexually active adult there are always possibilities.

I note you are India thus it is not clear what your first IgG result means. What was positive for this test? Were the results expressed as Ru/mL?

please tell

@WilsoInAus thank u brother , first test was igg ....and it was stated that below 1 is negative and some 1-1.2 was equivocal i guess in all countries same representation is done ...and yes im not sexually active just 3-4 protected  encounters in 4-5 years ....what make u think im  not infected ..? ....and how is it possible for two back to back negative results(below 1 Igg) after one positive result with not so low value ie 4.5 .....now what should i do to rule out all possibilities? Should i get retested for igg blood test again ? Or should i consider myself a herpes free guy . Thanks 

WilsoInAus

There are different tests. The Euroiummun is an example where >20 is positive, I believe this test is not uncommon in India.

The most likely explanation is a lab error for the positive test, a mixed up sample or contamination or manual process error with the control.

Two negative tests carry a lot of weight. If you have never had lesions on your penis that also adds considerable weight.

The balance of probabilities is clearly with you not carrying the advice. If you want further confidence, then I suggest one of the following:

- request blood samples to be drawn at the same time and sent to two labs with one doing the Herpeselect and one doing Euroimmun; or

- if you can afford it, see if it is possible to obtain a Westernblot, printout the information from the University of Washington website and see what your doctor thinks can be done.

please tell

Thanks a lot .....but as i mentioned redness and burning sensation and sore ness on the same spot on penile head is still there ...  And probably about one month after encounter near  my penile head base a slight cut was observed which turned into shallow ulcer (no blisters etc) ...which healed and after that i didn't developed any shallow ulcer as well till date... are these not hsv symptoms ? ... .i would like to ask you is it possible to show up  two false negative tests ? And is it possible that some guys do not develop antibodies to show up on igg ? ....

Edited by please tell
spelling

WilsoInAus

Herpes symptoms will not generally take a month to appear after infection, usually within a week. Cuts are a rare symptom and even then far more common for females.

False negatives occur 1-2% of the time for a HSV-2 test and this is more commonly for people who have had the virus a long time.

please tell

Thank you for replying so fast.. U are a nice human being.. I will do the same as u suggested ...u certainly gave me some confidence...could i message u personally  after getting any update from my next test?... It was very nice talking u . :) 

Edited by please tell

WilsoInAus

Anytime mate, and please keep the whole board updated. Many people read the internet for stories (they probably shouldn't but they do!) and it would be great for everyone to see the outcome.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• beloved803
      By beloved803
      Hello everyone,
      I tested positive for HSV 1 & 2 yesterday. In these short 24 hours my emotion's have been on a roller coaster.  Sometimes I feel like I am normal and I can get over this mentally but then sometimes I break down and cry and feel so nasty about myself and the decisions I've made in life. Anyways I'm not writing on here to throw myself a pitty party but instead to find out what you guys prefer. Do you take medicine if so do you take it daily or just when you have outbreaks? Do you do the natural way and if so what are your recipes? What do you think are the pros and cons to either. I just really don't want to take a pill everyday to remind me of my choices. Any feedback is appreciated.
    • clarke53
      By clarke53
      hi has anyone here ever tryed biogetica  if so did it work?
    • tadasana
      By tadasana
      I got the wonderful virus on my genitals from a guy I dated 5 years. I definitely stayed in the relationship too long because of being scared to have to disclose to someone. I finally broke up with him in 2016.
      I finally got up the nerve to start dating again about six months ago. In late November I met a guy who I had a lot in common with, got along with, was attracted to, etc, and I could tell he felt the same way about me. (We are both divorced and in our 40s.)
      So over the course of a month, we got closer and had wonderful times. I could tell he was falling for me and I was for him. On the Saturday before Christmas we spent the whole day together and went to dinner that night then back to my house to exchange gifts. He had bought me a really pretty necklace for Christmas (not too extravagant but sweet and I had picked out a special book as a gift to him.) We had not had sex yet but I knew it would be coming soon so I needed to disclose. He ended up telling me he loved me that night and I told him the same. Then came the disclosure.
      He just looked kinda stunned then sat with me without really saying much for about 30 minutes. He then gave me a brief hug and said he had to go. He left the book I gave him at my house and as he left, I tried to give him the necklace back because I could tell that everything had changed. He asked me to please keep it. It was the end of the night so it wasn’t completely weird and I figured he was shocked and needed time to process so, while I was very upset, I knew that this was always a possibility.
      I will admit that I did a terrible job at the actual disclosure. It was my first time and even though I had practiced saying it aloud many times, I know that sounded ashamed and embarrassed.
      We texted a little bit the next day, mostly with me explaining more about my situation. I explained that in my personal experience, it had not been very disruptive for me. I have only had three outbreaks in six years. I also explained that if someone was with a partner who had it, the partner could take medicine to reduce the other person from getting it. I sent him some links.
      After that day (the day after disclosure), I did not contact him and he did not contact me. Once again, I figured he needed time. About three days after, he finally texted me saying that he was sorry for the way he reacted. He also said that he loved me and was very sad but according to what he read, he would eventually get it and that he couldn’t knowingly do that to himself and if I ever needed anything to let him know.  (I did not see the point in disputing what he “read” on the Internet and how he felt about it. The links I first sent him clearly indicated that was not the case.) Neither one of us wants more kids (we both have them) so it has nothing to do with any issues it could cause in that sense.
      I basically said “thank u, next” and wished him well. That was the day after Christmas.
      Fast forward one month to Wednesday, January 23. (We have had no contact at all. We are not connected on social media and we have no mutual friends.) I get a text from him asking how I’m doing.  I respond politely and we exchange a few pleasantries. He then asks me if I’m seeing anyone and tells me that he’s sorry for what went on and he really wanted to go out with me again. I say I am confused since for the past month, I’ve accepted the fact that he did NOT want to be with me. He asked if we could just meet to talk, but he totally understood if I said no. I said, sure, I’ll meet you to talk but told him not to have any expectations about us dating again. I said I needed some time and maybe we could meet in a week or so.
      We texted a little bit yesterday. I told him that I wanted to meet him at the restaurant because I wanted to be sure I could leave whenever I wanted to. He then said, “I cannot apologize enough for how I handled things between us.” I said, “I don’t want to talk about that now.” And that I needed space between now and our meeting next Thursday and I would confirm with him on Wednesday (in other words, do NOT contact me). I want to see if he will honor my wish.
      Here’s what I need advice on. I have NO experience in dealing with being rejected for this particular reason and none of my friends do either.
      Is he just a total jerk???   In your experience or opinion, will he ever be truly emotionally supportive? Should I cut him some slack? Should I meet with him at all? Should I meet with him in order to end it with him in person? To begin with, I am a person with avoidant attachment issues. I cut people off and out of my life very easily, many of my friends think too easily. It was a huge deal for me even to disclose to him. Huge deal.  I know me cutting him out of my life could easily be justified in my mind and it is my natural tendency to want to do this. I am truly shocked that I actually kept his number in my phone and didn’t block it right after he texted me to end it. The fact that I am actually opening up just a little bit (maybe even to someone who doesn’t deserve it) is major progress for me.
      I miss him and I still care about him. I really, really thought he would have been one to be okay with the situation from the get-go, but obviously I was mistaken.
      Help!
    • anom1990
      By anom1990
      Hi everyone.
      I’m still trying to process this but I am a gay male in my late 20’s that was recently diagnosed with HSV-2 in October 2018. I haven’t been sexually active since 2015 and have only engaged in sexual activity with four people in my life. I’m feeling a lot of emotions because of this; sad, angry, confused, violated, ect. Thoughts like who would’ve thought someone like little ole me, compared to all of the VERY promiscuous people in the world, would end up with Genital Herpes ESPECIALLY when I’ve been abstinent and just focusing on myself for years. That was a gunshot to my soul. It’s crazy that I’ve ALWAYS done regular STD testing, thinking I was negative for everything only to find out that Herpes was never included in my testing because I never knew you had to literally ask for that until this year. The CDC and medical industry is so fucked up and wrong for that. I’ve always used protection, except with my first boyfriend but that was back in 2009-2010 and a condom broke with a sexual encounter I had back in 2011 and I remember immediately putting a new one on him. Unfortunately, all of the men I’ve dealt with sexually are questionable. Half of me wants to know who gave this to me but the other half is like what’s the point. I only have access to contact three of them (I don’t know where the other guy is) but I haven’t spoken to two of them in years, one of them in a whole decade and it would be pretty awkward for me years later to write them a message about herpes. My first boyfriend and I are cordial but he’s still immature so it would be very awkward with him. Anyways, as I’ve been thinking and backtracking my life, I would think I caught this back in 2011 because I remember my anus itching so badly but I thought it was just my hair growing back because I do recall shaving before having sex so I guess that was my first outbreak. Other times I would just get a minor itch in and on my buttocks but I never would’ve thought herpes. I’ve never got outbreaks on my penile area. This is all still confusing and baffling to me. I’m still sad and feeling like my future love life was taken from me. I feel like part of my confidence was taken from me. I don’t even feel comfortable flirting and finding people attractive right now. I’m just releasing my thoughts about my situation but I do have questions. My results also came back saying I had extremely low Vitamin D deficiency; does HSV-2 have something to do with that? Is there a test I could take to tell me exactly when I contracted this virus? This question may be TMI but I masturbate and I notice that a lot of sperm doesn’t cum out sometimes, does HSV-2 have something to do with that?
    • Hellosally
      By Hellosally
      I just found out I have both HSV 1 and HSV 2.  I am completely in shock! I wanna say I’ve had symptoms but they were on my genitals and only appeared to be razor bumps to me because they weren’t painful just slight uncomfortable.  I would also get cysts down there only after shaving and they would only last a couple days.  
      Here is what I know.  The test was IgG and tested for both separate I believe.  On the index Herpes 1 is >5.00 and Herpes 2 is 1.27.  I’m so confused because I’ve never had obvious symptoms and tested positive for BOTH.  Do you believe these tests are accurate.  This was a blood test and idk what to do or even think I can’t eat and have just been in bed all day.
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • win
      Hey hi202020, the Varivax vaccine definitely removed the neuralgia for me, at least so far (fingers crossed). My signs of HSV1 infection after the blood test came back positive in December (with a high IGG of over 55) were: horrible flu symptoms initially (in February) with swollen lymph nodes, followed by almost non-stop, super painful genital neuralgia, and one oral outbreak in March. However, the neuralgia has completely disappeared since the end of April (about a month or so). I had the first vaccine on April 10 and the booster shot on May 19, so about a week ago.
    • hi202020
      Hey Mackie I have the same neuralgia that you do, did you find anything that helped you? Did you try any vaccines? I’m feeling desperate as I’ve had non stop neuralgia/pain for 4+ months after contracting GHSV-1.
    • mconcerned1986
      Got my igG results after 13 months and it is negative I think I need to put this behind and may be rhink do some shitty infection that is causing this itching in genitals and on face. Just an FYI my Western blot at 7 months post exposure is negative.
    • Mikeike3
      Exactly. Plus some people don't seroconvert ever or for a long time, so it's even larger than that.  Also, it takes longer for hsv. To show up on wb than on a commercial igg test. 
    • Stolo868
      Even Terri says that sensitivity of WB for hsv1 is 95-96%. So somebody has to be in this 4-5%...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.