Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
i wish

35/f/VA

Recommended Posts

i wish

Hello everyone.  I'm new to forum joined about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I'm back bc I got my results which confirmed...hsv 2. I wasn't as upset as I was when I was first told buy it is still shocking. Outside of that, how is everyone?

Edited by i wish
Didn't finish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LillianPanos

How were you tested swab or blood? Did you have an outbreak?  Is that what made you do testing? Dont let this bring you down. . .so many have it. 

1 hour ago, i wish said:

Hello everyone.  I'm new to forum joined about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I'm back bc I got my results which confirmed...hsv 2. I wasn't as upset as I was when I was first told buy it is still shocking. Outside of that, how is everyone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish
15 hours ago, LillianPanos said:

How were you tested swab or blood? Did you have an outbreak?  Is that what made you do testing? Dont let this bring you down. . .so many have it. 

 

10 years ago it was a swab. But I rarely have any symptoms so I was, on some level, in denial. So about a month ago, I decided, once insurance was reinstated, to get blood test because I have met an awesome guy, not perfect but perfect for me. So results, came back, 4.85 for HSV 2. Numbers are low but Idk what it really means. I'm down because I' going to have to let him know and Ik it will end out relationship. S fear is strong right now. Plus I also wonder is it possible that I have given it to him. Since coming to terms and researching, I have come to see it is really common and I'm not in fear of it, per se, but in fear of telling anyone. Ik people with it as well as HSV 1, which bothers me that the same stigma is not applied. I did date one person who knew and he was concerned about it but we always used protection. Funny part about it is that he HSV 1, I would go to the store to get otc medication when he felt it coming and I never once pointed it out to him that it is the same thing. To this day we are friends. I didn't realize how many have it and it's shocking. Just worried about telling that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LillianPanos

Hi. I too have hsv 2 and my bf had hsv1... Honesty best policy. I explained to him about it and he tested as he had cold sore as child and tested positive hsv1. I mentioned I had gotten a cold sore on vagina. That we could still have sex and do other things I methim as I was ggetting diagnosed wr have been together a year now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disc0rdant
11 hours ago, i wish said:

10 years ago it was a swab. But I rarely have any symptoms so I was, on some level, in denial. So about a month ago, I decided, once insurance was reinstated, to get blood test because I have met an awesome guy, not perfect but perfect for me. So results, came back, 4.85 for HSV 2. Numbers are low but Idk what it really means. I'm down because I' going to have to let him know and Ik it will end out relationship. S fear is strong right now. Plus I also wonder is it possible that I have given it to him. Since coming to terms and researching, I have come to see it is really common and I'm not in fear of it, per se, but in fear of telling anyone. Ik people with it as well as HSV 1, which bothers me that the same stigma is not applied. I did date one person who knew and he was concerned about it but we always used protection. Funny part about it is that he HSV 1, I would go to the store to get otc medication when he felt it coming and I never once pointed it out to him that it is the same thing. To this day we are friends. I didn't realize how many have it and it's shocking. Just worried about telling that's all.

Hang in there.  Lillian has had a good experience w it.  I think Lisajd, too.  Listen to them.  God's honest truth is, we all get rejected for shit.  Sometimes it isnt herpes related at all.  I personally dont want hsv2 risk but lots of folks dont care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish
5 hours ago, Disc0rdant said:

Hang in there.  Lillian has had a good experience w it.  I think Lisajd, too.  Listen to them.  God's honest truth is, we all get rejected for shit.  Sometimes it isnt herpes related at all.  I personally dont want hsv2 risk but lots of folks dont care

So what do the numbers mean? 4.85? as I have read that someone is 24, I don't understand what that means. So you don't have HSV2. you have 1? I've lived in fear of rejection all my life due to past sexual trauma. I don't think I would care myself as I would research it but Ik he will not want to be with me anymore and I'm terrified of it bc  I have never had such a great relationship with anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seawilf
On 6/16/2017 at 12:56 PM, i wish said:

Hello everyone.  I'm new to forum joined about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I'm back bc I got my results which confirmed...hsv 2. I wasn't as upset as I was when I was first told buy it is still shocking. Outside of that, how is everyone?

I would love to talk to you! I was diagnosed with hsv2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peachee

30 and living in Va with hsv 2.. i have they most hardest time trying to connect with people and I would love to just talk to others that have the same thing.. I can honestly say I’m glad for this site!.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,116
    • Total Posts
      473,886
  • Posts

    • Catalyst4
      Any guys in Dallas with HSV? Would love to connect with someone since I’m new to the condition.
    • Kurdt01
      I get a generic 3 month supply of valtrex in the US for about $50...that’s one pill a day at 1000mg a pill.
    • JHenry
      Makes complete sense to me.  My mother never exhibited HSV1, but never exhibited.  I am all for whatever it takes!
    • KelsMichelle
      I’ve been seeing this guy for two months now. I’ve had hsv2 down there for 3 years...never have I spread it to anyway, and had a relationship of a year and had sex with the same guy the whole year. So, when I started seeing this guy, I told him up front about it. Told him it really isn’t a huge deal and I’ve bever passed it but there’s a small risk. So 5 weeks in, we’ve had sex a few times and 17days after we had protected sex (I’m also on daily antiviral pills) he texts me saying he can’t pee because it is so painful. I am so depressed I passed it to him. I know he agreed to the risk, but neither of us actually “thought” i would pass it, if that makes sense. Always a risk, I know, and as I said, he agreed. But he is upset now. In denial and went almost a full week unable to urinate because he was in such bad pain. He did have a blister show up around Day 6 of the peein problem so it’s def herpes. Unsure what to say to him. I feel terrible for bringing that upon him. Anyone have similar situations? Also haven’t talked in a few days. Giving him time before trying to start a convo. I’m sure he doesn’t want to talk right now. 
    • Surprise
      Been 6 weeks still haven't tested positive for anything but hsv1 been had that tho hbu? No antivirals
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.