Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
i wish

35/f/VA

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone.  I'm new to forum joined about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I'm back bc I got my results which confirmed...hsv 2. I wasn't as upset as I was when I was first told buy it is still shocking. Outside of that, how is everyone?

Edited by i wish
Didn't finish

How were you tested swab or blood? Did you have an outbreak?  Is that what made you do testing? Dont let this bring you down. . .so many have it. 

1 hour ago, i wish said:

Hello everyone.  I'm new to forum joined about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I'm back bc I got my results which confirmed...hsv 2. I wasn't as upset as I was when I was first told buy it is still shocking. Outside of that, how is everyone?

15 hours ago, LillianPanos said:

How were you tested swab or blood? Did you have an outbreak?  Is that what made you do testing? Dont let this bring you down. . .so many have it. 

10 years ago it was a swab. But I rarely have any symptoms so I was, on some level, in denial. So about a month ago, I decided, once insurance was reinstated, to get blood test because I have met an awesome guy, not perfect but perfect for me. So results, came back, 4.85 for HSV 2. Numbers are low but Idk what it really means. I'm down because I' going to have to let him know and Ik it will end out relationship. S fear is strong right now. Plus I also wonder is it possible that I have given it to him. Since coming to terms and researching, I have come to see it is really common and I'm not in fear of it, per se, but in fear of telling anyone. Ik people with it as well as HSV 1, which bothers me that the same stigma is not applied. I did date one person who knew and he was concerned about it but we always used protection. Funny part about it is that he HSV 1, I would go to the store to get otc medication when he felt it coming and I never once pointed it out to him that it is the same thing. To this day we are friends. I didn't realize how many have it and it's shocking. Just worried about telling that's all.

Hi. I too have hsv 2 and my bf had hsv1... Honesty best policy. I explained to him about it and he tested as he had cold sore as child and tested positive hsv1. I mentioned I had gotten a cold sore on vagina. That we could still have sex and do other things I methim as I was ggetting diagnosed wr have been together a year now.

11 hours ago, i wish said:

10 years ago it was a swab. But I rarely have any symptoms so I was, on some level, in denial. So about a month ago, I decided, once insurance was reinstated, to get blood test because I have met an awesome guy, not perfect but perfect for me. So results, came back, 4.85 for HSV 2. Numbers are low but Idk what it really means. I'm down because I' going to have to let him know and Ik it will end out relationship. S fear is strong right now. Plus I also wonder is it possible that I have given it to him. Since coming to terms and researching, I have come to see it is really common and I'm not in fear of it, per se, but in fear of telling anyone. Ik people with it as well as HSV 1, which bothers me that the same stigma is not applied. I did date one person who knew and he was concerned about it but we always used protection. Funny part about it is that he HSV 1, I would go to the store to get otc medication when he felt it coming and I never once pointed it out to him that it is the same thing. To this day we are friends. I didn't realize how many have it and it's shocking. Just worried about telling that's all.

Hang in there.  Lillian has had a good experience w it.  I think Lisajd, too.  Listen to them.  God's honest truth is, we all get rejected for shit.  Sometimes it isnt herpes related at all.  I personally dont want hsv2 risk but lots of folks dont care

5 hours ago, Disc0rdant said:

Hang in there.  Lillian has had a good experience w it.  I think Lisajd, too.  Listen to them.  God's honest truth is, we all get rejected for shit.  Sometimes it isnt herpes related at all.  I personally dont want hsv2 risk but lots of folks dont care

So what do the numbers mean? 4.85? as I have read that someone is 24, I don't understand what that means. So you don't have HSV2. you have 1? I've lived in fear of rejection all my life due to past sexual trauma. I don't think I would care myself as I would research it but Ik he will not want to be with me anymore and I'm terrified of it bc  I have never had such a great relationship with anyone.