World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Yoyo12345

New to the site

Yoyo12345

Hey everyone!! New to the site not sure how it works but please send me some messages!! Here to make some friends!

Disc0rdant
1 hour ago, Vickolo1 said:

Hey everyone!! New to the site not sure how it works but please send me some messages!! Here to make some friends!

Welcome!  Hopefully you are ob free!  I have been since last summer.  I know ohsv1 doesnt have as big of stigma as other locations/types but still hurts like a mother effer.....

Frankly, hsv1 doesnt have as high of stigma, either....

Yoyo12345

Thank you for the welcome! Ive had it now for 5 years now (at least that im aware of) and only had 3 outbreaks. Ive been very fortunate. Even though its hsv1 its still genital so still has that stigma unfortunately but im glad i have it. Changed my life for the better. 

Disc0rdant
25 minutes ago, Vickolo1 said:

Thank you for the welcome! Ive had it now for 5 years now (at least that im aware of) and only had 3 outbreaks. Ive been very fortunate. Even though its hsv1 its still genital so still has that stigma unfortunately but im glad i have it. Changed my life for the better. 

I wouldn't say I am "glad I have hsv1" but I am more careful and lucky that the cheating ex wife didnt give me hsv2 as well....  

I believe in testing before.  Every time.  My life is good.  Hopefully they cure it, soon.  

Lisajd

Welcome to the site and I'm glad to see that you are able to mentally move forward with it to the best you can and it's encouraging for other people

medicalanonymo
On 6/17/2017 at 7:23 PM, Vickolo1 said:

How did it change your life for the better ?

Yoyo12345

Life is all about perspective. I could look at it and be all poor me but that gets you nowhere. You gotta look at it as thank god its only herpes and im still healthy. I was promiscuous. Different dude every weekend. One night stands that gave me instant gratification but left me feeling empty and alone the next day. Thank god it was only herpes that i got and not hiv. But it made me slow my role and now when i get intimate its with people that actually care about me. I dont wake up the next day feeling a hole in my soul. I let my guard down and let people into my heart where before i was cold as ice and very guarded.