World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
J4444

Not sure what this is?

J4444

Hey guys. I'm new here. Just thought I'd share my story and see what you guys think. I had a one night stand with a girl I sorta knew, about one month ago. A couple days later I got pretty sick, but recovered quickly with steroids. About a week after that unnoticed an irritation in my urethra. That went on for about two weeks and then I started feeling a tingling sensation in my groin and other body parts (lower back and feet). I read this is something that may occur with herpes. I've been to three doctors to check me out, and they told me not to worry about herpes. I had been tested for a couple things, but not herpes. I got swabbed last week and I'm awaiting the results. Very anxious and nervous. I haven't had an outbreak. 

Since then my PCR swab came back negative, but my symptoms have not gone away. I recently noticed a really red rash on my scrotum. And what looks like tiny red bites. It's hot and sweaty and is very strange. Any thoughts? 

Cheers.

Disc0rdant
40 minutes ago, J4444 said:

Hey guys. I'm new here. Just thought I'd share my story and see what you guys think. I had a one night stand with a girl I sorta knew, about one month ago. A couple days later I got pretty sick, but recovered quickly with steroids. About a week after that unnoticed an irritation in my urethra. That went on for about two weeks and then I started feeling a tingling sensation in my groin and other body parts (lower back and feet). I read this is something that may occur with herpes. I've been to three doctors to check me out, and they told me not to worry about herpes. I had been tested for a couple things, but not herpes. I got swabbed last week and I'm awaiting the results. Very anxious and nervous. I haven't had an outbreak. 

Since then my PCR swab came back negative, but my symptoms have not gone away. I recently noticed a really red rash on my scrotum. And what looks like tiny red bites. It's hot and sweaty and is very strange. Any thoughts? 

Cheers.

Sounds embarrassing for me to share but in the summer last yr I had fungus that took 2 wks to clear up.  I feared it was hsv2.  I cycle a ton, hang out outside after and it is 100 every day, here.  Do that all day and dont shower till after 24hrs and you are asking for it.  Once fungus takes hold, it doesnt want to die....  cycling every day w it keeps it going.  I normally am religious about showering immediately post ride.  Today I waited 8 hrs....  Shower quickly after sweating.  Stay dry.  Stay cool.  Air the man parts out.  

Could it be hsv?  Yup.  Is it likely something else given neg swab?  Yup.  Do I know?  Nope.  Plz update us as you get info either way.  I just like to know

47 minutes ago, J4444 said:

Cheers.

Stay away from the one night stands.  Bad idea....

J4444

Thanks buddy, I'm gonna go get a blood test soon to back up my PCR urethral swab. It's been hot and humid here, as well.

Disc0rdant
3 minutes ago, J4444 said:

Thanks buddy, I'm gonna go get a blood test soon to back up my PCR urethral swab. It's been hot and humid here, as well.

Question.  Is it quite painful?(the spots?)  If you have had cold sores, they hurt so much you dont even want to touch them.  I would be less anxious if not extreme pain.  Also. I tend to mess with it vs leaving it alone.  Better said than practiced.....  I know

1 hour ago, J4444 said:

Cheers.

Stay away from the one night stands.  Bad idea....

J4444

It's not painful, it just feels irritated. I had that urethra swablast week, and was told by 2 doctors not to worry at all about a sexually transmitted disease, but who knows. I will say that it feels hot and sticky, but not painful.