Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
BetterYours

Can herpes transmitted by a small spit of saliva to a person face area?

Please help, as I don't want infect to my relatives baby

No that won't happen as HSV is transmitted by skin to skin contact.

Relax!

Lucy 

Advertisement

How about hugs? Or shake hands? I got a partner too

If you have a facial cold sore You can hug and shake hands too. It's skin to skin contact 

Take care

Lucy 

2 hours ago, BetterYours said:

Please help, as I don't want infect to my relatives baby

There are no studies definitively proving each way it can possibly spread.  I dont share cups or straws w my kids.  For hsv2, they recommend not sharing sex toys.  I would kiss the kid on forehead/cheek.  That's me, though....

There no sore on my mouth but on my forehead got sores. But i keep clean and rub with alcohol swab to ensure the virus does not spread. 

I really hope to understand more of this virus. I feel its the end of the world to me. 

Advertisement

What you need to do is ensure that those sores on your head is actually oral herpes or a form of herpes.  Have you had the blisters tested and have you been diagnosed with oral herpes.  I assume so but I just want to check.  It's important to understand how this virus works.  That's been you need to keep a healthy immune system which means eat well sleep well and no stress.  If you are constantly getting sores on your forehead I suggest you look at your diet and maybe look at some supplements as well or go on antivirals if you are that concerned about it

Can get to know does getting ocular herpes risk is high? I saw it thru online sites and i'm afraid getting one. I didn't get to wear any contact lenses plus i always wash my hands before i touch anywhere else. 

And does towel can transmit if it get to accidentally touch sore with it then i wipe with other area like eyes? 

No this is not a pragmatic way to get ocular herpes. The vast majority of ocular herpes is caused by a long standing oral infection where the virus travels up the relevant nerves to the eye from behind.

long standing oral infections means? No treatment for the cold sore? I got blister on my tongue and tested positive for HSV1 after 9 days exposure. 

I'm taking lysine, vitamin c, vitamin b and echinacea. Not sure is this all helping. 

You had a positive blood test on IgG antibodies for HSV-1?

Yes, positive for IGG hsv1 after 9 days exposure.