Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Sign in to follow this  
Radio

Is there a way to sue the CDC?

They act so nonchalant about the situation. They knowingly leave the test out the panel. Imagine if the shit was available I'm pretty sure the disease would be more controlled. Maybe lawsuits if possible would expedite the process of getting a cure out.

1 hour ago, Radio said:

They act so nonchalant about the situation. They knowingly leave the test out the panel. Imagine if the shit was available I'm pretty sure the disease would be more controlled. Maybe lawsuits if possible would expedite the process of getting a cure out.

What a brilliant idea. 

Advertisement

If you are going to sue the CDC, sue the AMA and anyone else who helps formulate medical guidelines  as well. There are many doctors who still give questionable advice about the HSV, and many of them keep themselves current with standard medical treatment guidelines. Since the guidelines don't change with the research, the advice stays the same. 

Class action lawsuit, since many are affected and there are many in the medical profession who disagree about testing and advice given,

It wouldn't be / isnt the first time - 

https://www.facebook.com/REAvsCDC/

http://vaccineimpact.com/2017/u-s-government-continues-to-pay-damages-for-vaccine-injuries-no-liability-for-drug-makers/

You can sue anyone. Waste of $, though

Sue every country that wont test without blisters.  Good luck.  

8 hours ago, Radio said:

Sue for what? Having cold sores? That's as silly as it sounds.

If cold sores are the biggest issue in your life, what does that say about your life?

Advertisement

Pretty sure I didn't say anything about filing a lawsuit for the actual condition. I don't even have symptoms. Was just a thought that keeping a disease off the panel that can b severe for some is just wrong.  And maybe some sort of legal action would be better then relying on social media where ppl are afraid to come out.  half a billion ppl suing the system with the right legal ppl behind them backing them up might be more of a threat then mere tweets. But hey what do I know I'm just ranting

How does the CDC keep anything of the panel? It makes recommendations.

It is each person's right to choose to be tested, or not be tested.

It is not unfortunately affordable for everyone.