Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tetley

Need opinions?

7 posts in this topic

So let me start this off with, I plan to get tested. But I'm looking for opinions on whether or not this is likely herpes. 

Ok so I have never had any reason to believe I had herpes. No signs outbreaks nothing. I have had the same partner for a little over a year now. He's never been tested and neither have I. He's never had symptoms either. 

Well a little over a week ago I was over to his place. We had anal sex as I was on my period. 2 days later I noticed some irritation on the lower part of my left bum cheek. It was towards the end of my period, I work outside and it was really hot. I probably didn't change my pad enough that day and had just assumed I had the adult equivalent of "diaper rash". The next day at work it felt a bit more uncomfortable so I took a picture with my phone just to see what was going on down there. I noticed the rash was now small skin colored bumps. They didn't feel like blisters. Almost like heat rash when touching them. That night I checked at home they had decreased in size but were kind of stinging. The next day the pain was much worse. More of a stinging. And by that night there were some "ulcer like" spots and one spot that had turned almost a yellow and black color. I did what you shouldn't and poked around. Nothing popped per say but the top layer of skin broke lose. There really wasn't any fluid. This area started to get extremely painful and stared to look infected (don't know if the pain could be associated with the location, chafing on my close and other cheek etc or if it's simply because it is in fact herpes) 

at this point I knew it was time for a doctor. It had been a week since the irritation appeared at this point. It was a Saturday so urgent care was my best bet. The nurse gave the herpes talk before even looking at it. Then when she did she simply said "hmmm I don't really know. I see a couple little bumps but they're not really blisters and that larger area looks to have some puss. If I had to guess I would say it's not herpes but would also suggest you talk to your gynecologist about getting tested"

she gave me an antifungal cream and it actually felt worlds better by the end of the day and looked less angry. But could also have been because it was my day off and I was able to lay down rest and not aggravate it

i  feel like I can't find any pictures that looks exactly like it (herpes or other skin condistions) but at the same time it resembles herpes in some ways. Here are some pictures from the initial irritation to today! (I've been dealing with this for 1 week and 1 day now) 

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

Also I should add. I already had an appointment scheduled for the gynecologist at the end of this month so figured I'd get tested then!

It might be, but I am leaning to the same view as the nurse.

Some of the sores seem to be their own, a little too unique and that steers away from herpes in addition to the presence of pus that has a more bacterial connotation.

Definitely try and get a swab, but I reckon the best bet is for your partner to test as well. What you have would almost certainly be a primary outbreak if it is identified ultimately as herpes, so his test results might give you peace of mind first.

20 minutes ago, Tetley said:

So let me start this off with, I plan to get tested. But I'm looking for opinions on whether or not this is likely herpes. 

Ok so I have never had any reason to believe I had herpes. No signs outbreaks nothing. I have had the same partner for a little over a year now. He's never been tested and neither have I. He's never had symptoms either. 

Well a little over a week ago I was over to his place. We had anal sex as I was on my period. 2 days later I noticed some irritation on the lower part of my left bum cheek. It was towards the end of my period, I work outside and it was really hot. I probably didn't change my pad enough that day and had just assumed I had the adult equivalent of "diaper rash". The next day at work it felt a bit more uncomfortable so I took a picture with my phone just to see what was going on down there. I noticed the rash was now small skin colored bumps. They didn't feel like blisters. Almost like heat rash when touching them. That night I checked at home they had decreased in size but were kind of stinging. The next day the pain was much worse. More of a stinging. And by that night there were some "ulcer like" spots and one spot that had turned almost a yellow and black color. I did what you shouldn't and poked around. Nothing popped per say but the top layer of skin broke lose. There really wasn't any fluid. This area started to get extremely painful and stared to look infected (don't know if the pain could be associated with the location, chafing on my close and other cheek etc or if it's simply because it is in fact herpes) 

at this point I knew it was time for a doctor. It had been a week since the irritation appeared at this point. It was a Saturday so urgent care was my best bet. The nurse gave the herpes talk before even looking at it. Then when she did she simply said "hmmm I don't really know. I see a couple little bumps but they're not really blisters and that larger area looks to have some puss. If I had to guess I would say it's not herpes but would also suggest you talk to your gynecologist about getting tested"

she gave me an antifungal cream and it actually felt worlds better by the end of the day and looked less angry. But could also have been because it was my day off and I was able to lay down rest and not aggravate it

i  feel like I can't find any pictures that looks exactly like it (herpes or other skin condistions) but at the same time it resembles herpes in some ways. Here are some pictures from the initial irritation to today! (I've been dealing with this for 1 week and 1 day now) 

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

Also I should add. I already had an appointment scheduled for the gynecologist at the end of this month so figured I'd get tested then!

Yes.  That could be HSV.  It could be bacterial or something else, too.

4 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

It might be, but I am leaning to the same view as the nurse.

Some of the sores seem to be their own, a little too unique and that steers away from herpes in addition to the presence of pus that has a more bacterial connotation.

Definitely try and get a swab, but I reckon the best bet is for your partner to test as well. What you have would almost certainly be a primary outbreak if it is identified ultimately as herpes, so his test results might give you peace of mind first.

this gives me a little peace of mind! The little bumps just didn't quite look herpes like to me but I wouldn't know why else could explain the small area. I know that your first outbreak can happen months to years after contracting the virus I just find it odd that it happened literally two days after anal, on my bum of all places. 

I have had an issue with yeast infections and bv that just keep reoccurring which could also back up fungal or bacterial. But idk that doesn't explain the ulcers either. I have a regular check up with my gyno in about a week figured I would talk to her then as I believe it's too late for a swab? Everything seems "dry" 

just looking for input and know that that none of you are doctors! I honestly am more concerned over him leaving me if it is herpes than the fact I may have to live with the issue. I mean it is what it is and hope we can both deal with this like mature adults 

He may have infected you! He should be worried you're going to leave him! Honesty best policy! Try to get a swab soon @Tetley

5 minutes ago, LillianPanos said:

He may have infected you! He should be worried you're going to leave him! Honesty best policy! Try to get a swab soon @Tetley

I just have a feeling because I was the first to show any signs he will blame me :( (unless he's known all along he's had it but I trust he wouldn't hide something like that. I think likely one or the other has had it a while and it's just decided to show its face. Still odd to me literally 2 days later though...

I'm madly in love with this guy and I just pray this doesn't change things I will keep you all updated for sure

LillianPanos likes this

They were fairly certain it's a contact dermatitis which I thought all along from rubbing on my pad. I've gotten a little rubbed down there before just never had it progress like this. At this point there really wasn't anything to swab so awaiting blood results. 

Partner is being tested as well! But I felt so relieved to hear they were pretty positive it wasn't herpes