Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Sign in to follow this  
goofball87

Information

Hey all, so I recently told a guy I was dating about having herpes and he is totally accepting of it. I'm extremly happy. Does anyone know some amazing websites that him and I can read and research together so he knows all about Herpes? Ways to be careful with him and I. Still Have a nornal intimancy life and all that? 

Thanks so much. I want him to read the articles or websites and for him to decide what he is comfortable with. 

One last thing. I want to make an appointment with my OBGYN to get information or start taking medication to help pervent passing it onto my boyfriend but its very hard to get an appointment with her. Can I go to my primary docter for the medication or just my OBGYN? Thanks so much again!!!   

Much love ♡♡♡

There are some factors to consider.  What type do you have?  Has he been tested for hsv?  How long have yiu had hsv?  Do you get obs?

Basically, Meds and condoms and learn about signs for symptoms with your body and refrain if you feel symptoms.  

Glad hes ok. Ensure he understand what it means for him if he gets it. 

Advertisement

Hi @goofball87 glad to hear. Ask him to do bloodwoblood work. There are places in Florida $49 for igg. My bf did the testing hè had cold sores as child his igg results showed low # for hsv1. Primary dr can prescribe. 

I've had it for over 2 years. Only had systems the first 6 months of having it. After that I'm not really sure. Maybe a few times. If I have had an OB I never really knew. I have type 2.

I want to read a good website that has a bunch of information that both of us should know and understand. Risks, and others things. Does anyone have a good website where they got their information from? Thanks so much.