Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Sign in to follow this  
Tay2x

Help, Any Advice?

So if you've seen any of my other posts you know my story, but I'm freshly 17 as of December, freshly an active member of the sex world as of last August, and freshly GHSV-2 positive as of march. I've been with 3 boys since I lost my virginity. I gave it to a male friend I trusted because I didn't want strings attached and bad memories associated with it if anything went left. It was nice. Then I got into a relationship with this boy and we fell in love and before you ask (yes, im sure, im not too young to know what love is) but we boke up at a point. During this point I had sex with a male friend I was close with, he has always liked me and it just kinda happened one random day while we were hanging out. But now I'm back with the second guy. And then after this year started in march i had an outbreak. I had a girlfriend last year and we had sex but i dont believe it was her. we were together for 7 months. Anyways I let everyone know to get tested. They did, and everyone came back negative. I was attacked by my uncle when I was 8 but he did not penetrate me. Could it be him? A couple months ago I had my bf get tested and at first he came back negative but now he's positive which proves the false positives and negatives thing and I don't think he lied. I do believe he contracted from me. I remember when my outbreak started before I knew it was an outbreak we had had sex because there were no symptoms just pain..we have sex a lot so it wasn't the first time that week either. He took it ok. I can tell he was censoring himself for my sake but he stuck by my side so..I'm hoping it's not because he feels obligated or like no one will want him now. My point is that the fact that I have it isn't was haunting me, at least not what's haunting me the most. It's that I don't know where or who it came from so I'm left to assume everyone is lying. I'm not even mad or angry at whoever gave it to me, life comes with trials and lessons but I really want them to know so that they don't keep spreading it, intentionally or unintentionally. What do I do...

I am a little bit older (26) I contracted  herpes last year. Before my current bf I was a little "fast"  I believe during this time I caught the virus but I don't know who gave it to me. But I decided not tell tell my previous partners, its up to you tell them if you choose. But keep in mind being this young other people your age might not handle this in a mature manner  and it might backfire on you.  We all like to think we are invincible to disease when we are young but it isnt true.

Advertisement

Hi, I'm Stephi (28) and I have been living with HSV-1 (genital outbreaks) for the last two years. I do understand that you want to know where it came from and how it happened. I did have the same open questions at the time. From my own experience, it is quite hard to trace herpes back. As you did I also informed my previous sex partners to make sure they get tested. Personally, it took me more than half a year to get a valid diagnosis. My first blood test was negative and only until I got tested by a swab test during an outbreak I was positive and could find out which type I had. It is normal that you want to have answers and I know it is hard to only have assumptions. You can get herpes but not have an outbreak immediately. I made peace with my personal herpes history, I disclosed to the relevant people and I'm ok now with not knowing where it came from. I hope you will find a way that works for you.