World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Ry5454

Could I possibly have caught HSV-2

Ry5454

So I had performed oral sex on a guy and noticed he had a sore after i had already started. I stopped immediately after i saw it and was wondering if I were to catch herpes would it only be on the mouth since I was giving oral? Or is there a possibility I could get it on my thighs/genitals as well? All I performed was oral.

WilsoInAus

Sores can be many, many things. Genital to oral transmission represents a very low chance.

The virus is localised at site of infection, hence if a person gets oral herpes then that's where it stays.

Ry5454
11 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Sores can be many, many things. Genital to oral transmission represents a very low chance.

The virus is localised at site of infection, hence if a person gets oral herpes then that's where it stays.

That gives me relief. One bump appeared on my thigh and it had made me nervous ever since i noticed it. Then i think my anxiety made me think i had symptoms for genital herpes so i have just been freaking out ever since.

WilsoInAus

Anxiety! Biggest threat to good health there is.

Try to calm down, if there are no issues say within a week with your mouth you can safely disregard herpes. 

You may already have oral HSV-1 that would have also reduced infection chances if there was one at all.

Edited by WilsoInAus

Disc0rdant
1 hour ago, Ry5454 said:

So I had performed oral sex on a guy and noticed he had a sore after i had already started. I stopped immediately after i saw it and was wondering if I were to catch herpes would it only be on the mouth since I was giving oral? Or is there a possibility I could get it on my thighs/genitals as well? All I performed was oral.

You could spread it from mouth to other parts of your body.  It is possible.  The odds of getting hsv2 on the mouth is said to be lower.  They say that hsv2 prefers downstairs.  The rules dont always get followed.  Test before sex.  Respect him and you

WilsoInAus

Can you spread it from the mouth to other parts of the body? What sort of chances? Zero, 1 in a billion?

Disc0rdant

On initial infection, it can totally spread.  THAT.  Is a fact.  Proven and documented.  As recently as Mexico in the last 12 mos.  Terri Warren cites that as well even though she doesnt know everything.  She says auto innoculation(spreading it to other parts of your body) happens in the 1st 4 months.

I am not saying you have hsv2, the odds are low....  But.  If you have it orally, it can be transmitted to other parts.  

Edited by Disc0rdant
Typo

Lisajd

The question related to an issue after performing oral sex. As wilso said more like she already has hsv1 or its a mouth ulcer from oral.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I made it to month four without a visible sign of an outbreak. I had a really bad outbreak in the ending of April and was diagnosed with GHSV1. My initial outbreak took about a month to heal and left scars (a lighter pigmentation from my overall complexion on my genitals). Sadly I have been ridiculously paranoid to the point I have taken two 7 day treatments of Valtrex. More than likely it was probably just yeast infections (I get them way more than I should, even before getting hsv). I also take lysine twice a day and three times a day when I feel like an outbreak is coming on. I’ve been applying tea tree to my genitals everyday since getting diagnosed to dry out any potential outbreaks that are present that I possibly mistake for an ingrown hair. When does the worrying stop? How often have anyone on this forum with GHSV1 get outbreaks? What’s are some good tips and tricks?
    • Tack99
      By Tack99
      June 3rd I may of been exposed to Herpes.
      Performed oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand.  A few days later, "felt off" and got tested on the 7th (negative for all stds, but not tested for herpes)
      Took a round of Doxycycline the following week around the 14th for a few days as I was feeling extremely Hot and urinating frequently.  It seemed to help for an instant, however still feeling off.
      Tested again n the 28th - Negative for all stds including HSV igg however positive for HSV igm with an index of 1.14 (Positive being anything greater than 1.1) *approximately 26 days after suspected exposure
      Dr. prescribed Valacyclovir 2x day.  Started taking medication July 2nd.  
      Pain and discomfort in the penis continuing.  With sensations in the pelvic area and kidneys.
      Tested again on July 20th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.
      Tested again August 6th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.

I have been taking valacyclovir since July 2nd 2x daily.
      I have felt just not right since the possible exposure date (or shortly after).
      My penis has gone through feelings of tingling sensations, heat, pain but not to touch, pain in my pelvis.  Things seemed to of started with a burning sensation in the inner thigh.
      I feel as I am having shooting sensation in my legs and occasionally have an itchy/tingle around where my pubic hair is from time to time.  Hell, today and maybe yesterday I've noticed tingling in my scalp.
      I tried again today to not take the valacyclovir and lasted until about 11:30 am after waking up around 8 am.  My lips and the skin around my face starts to burn and the tingling around the pubic hair area of my genitals increase in its sensations.  It's almost as a sleeping demon is waking up when I don't take the meds.  When I take it, it takes about a day or so for things to get back in control.
      My penis/genitals have also not smelled the same since.  It seems my scent has changed. 
      Today is day 68 - is this how it's going to be forever?  
      I am worried I have this all over my face as the burning is in the corners of my mouth and down my chin, as well as my nose.
      I have not shown any sores however I do feel my penis and scrotum has felt hot and sometimes red, typically on the head of the penis at the urethra.  Multiple dr's say it looks normal to them.
      I am so lost and feel like I am falling apart physically, mentally and emotionally.  I guess I just wait until week 12 (in a few more weeks) to maybe test positive... but then what? 

• 24nu4m
      By 24nu4m
      https://imgur.com/aLhu3PA
      https://imgur.com/CIz39XC
    • Quest
      By Quest
      Google Search  Words Example: "Terri Warren tingling butt" These were the results! So any time Terri talked to anyone about the subject matter it showed up here!
       Honeycomb search engine Search Words Example: Say you are searching for "immune" by author Cas9 boom 178 results
      Google  science/trial search: You would search science of "BHT ncbi pubmed" by clicking HERE

Ask the experts now will cost you $25.00 Terri Warren RN, Edward Hook MD, & Hunter Hansfield MD
      I hope it helps you and you be good to you! 
      If  l or anyone helped you here please make a nice donation to Fred Hutch Research Center
      Mod update: you can now donate directly to HSV research at Fred Hutch here: http://engage.fredhutch.org/goto/hsvresearch
      Let me know what you want me to add
    • Reg
      By Reg
      14 years into a monogamous relationship, my wife and I contracted herpes. I believe its hsv2, as it's on the genitals, (first outbreak in 2008, second in 2012). Nothing else
      Is it possible for herpes to arrive 14 yrs into a relationship? So confused. I'd swear she wouldn't cheat!
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.