World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Tetley

Testing questions

Tetley

So I had some sore bumps show up on my butt cheek. At first I thought it was just heat rash/from my pad rubbing as I get heat rash easily and have had irritation from pads before. It either got infected or isn't herpes at all  I will include pictures of the bumps and what I'm talking about with being infected (there was lots of yellow pus) . I went to urgent care on Saturday as the pain was becoming unbearable  at that point there were no raised sores but you could see ulcer like spots where some were. Nurse said it could be herpes but she really wasn't sure and that if she had to guess, it probably wasn't but I should still talk with my gynecologist about testing  

here's my question. They showed up 3 days after having anal sex with my partner or 1 year. The rash/irritation showed up the night before so that would be 2 days post sex

i have a routine check up with my gyno on the 27th. That's only two weeks and some odd days past the outbreak or whatever it is.

would a blood test be worth it? I read it has to be at least 3 weeks past or more. Would getting the test done give me any indication as to whether I've been infected for a while and never known or if he could have potentially infected me (if it comes back negative)?

he seemed pretty upset when I told him everything that's going on  and I don't blame him because (please don't judge) he has a girlfriend. 

Im madly in love with him and don't want to lose him. I also would hate myself if I unknowingly infected him. I have had no symptoms up until now 

also would you guess this is infact herpes? (The picture with the pus is when the nurse saw it and wasn't sure but said she didn't think it was) she gave me an antifungal cream and the last picture is what it looked like after 1 day of using it  and pain decreased drastically. But I don't know if that's a coincidence 

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

Edited by Tetley

WilsoInAus

Well I can only tell you one thing that I would do... there'd be no more sex until he provides STD testing explicitly including HSV!

If the sores are present, you must get them swabbed now, you cannot wait until the 27th. Maybe drop into an ER and request a swab, but it must be done now for any chance of detecting the virus.

I'd wait until 12 weeks after possible infection for a blood test, it is conclusive at that point. Have one now if you'd like to understand whether this is a recent infection as IgG may well be negative at this early stage of infection.

Tetley

My problem is that I can't miss work and I'm not off until Thursday. There are two bumps that are still there the rest is all open at this point. Is this something the urgent care can do? I just don't understand why the nurse at urgent care didn't offer when I was there on Saturday. This had been going on for a little over a week now

WilsoInAus

Yes urgent care can take a swab, insist on it!

Tetley
On 6/19/2017 at 8:25 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Yes urgent care can take a swab, insist on it!

They were fairly certain it's a contact dermatitis which I thought all along from rubbing on my pad. I've gotten a little rubbed down there before just never had it progress like this. At this point there really wasn't anything to swab so awaiting blood results. 

Partner is being tested as well! But I felt so relieved to hear they were pretty positive it wasn't herpes