World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Lauren29

Constant outbreaks :(

Lauren29

I had my first outbreak on May 2nd...it was brutal and lasted awhile and just as it was fully clearing up...I got my next one May 25th. This one was much smaller (size of a nickel) and I got on a round of acyclovir around day 4 (PP was closed until Tuesday). Then, I got my third one on June 14th. This one was a little bit bigger than the last (maybe the size of a quarter). I have been tracking the sores in pictures so I can monitor them. Today I just took a picture and I have two NEW sores emerging next to my current outbreak...which makes for my 4th set of sores. I don't know what to do! Should I go on suppressive therapy? I'm worried that my body won't learn how to fight it off on its own if I do :( My boyfriend was unfaithful and of course he had "one spot" for his first outbreak and has had nothing since then. So he doesn't understand what I'm going through at all. I'm taking Lysine, Vitamin D, and B-50s, and just added Garlic and vitamin C. What else can I do? I'm starting to go to dark places when it comes to this. I don't know what I'm going to do if this is my life.

WilsoInAus

Personal view is speak with your doctor about going onto antivirals. They are the only known substance to directly control outbreaks. Generally be healthy and take those supplements that you feel are making you healthy as compensation for something lacking in your diet.

Have you and your partner now tested to ascertain type?

justanothersufferer

My personal view is do antivirals I've been on 500mg of valtrex (generic is fine too) for almost 2 years. I barely get outbreaks. My first 3 months was horrible, wished I could have died at that time. But then started getting better. Definitely had fewer outbreaks as time went on, but I went on suppressive after my first 6 months and recommend all folks to do it assuming they are having back to back outbreaks. Now days I often forget to take meds like maybe 3 days a week I take 500mg and I rarely get outbreaks. I could probably go on episodic treatment.

Edited by justanothersufferer

LillianPanos

Yes go on the anti viral for a while you can always go back off. I never took meds until I got this. @Lauren29

justanothersufferer
20 hours ago, LillianPanos said:

Yes go on the anti viral for a while you can always go back off. I never took meds until I got this. @Lauren29

ditto

Lauren29

Going to PP today and getting on suppressive therapy. Thank you ❤️

justanothersufferer
13 hours ago, Lauren29 said:

Going to PP today and getting on suppressive therapy. Thank you ❤️

As time goes on let me/us know what you think of it.