World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Brook

Feel Like a Fool

Brook

I have been married for 30 years. My husband got a call from his doctor telling him he has the genital herpes virus.  I thought he had jock itch or a yeast infection. and gave it to me!!!! I have NEVER been with anyone else in my 30 year marriage and he swears he hasn't. Before him I was married to a truck driver whom later 10 years later he left me and his two children for a man.   I have a hard time believing that since i had a daughter 27 years ago and they didn't find it then and now all of a sudden it laid dormant after 30 years!!!!!! With NO indications of anything until now??? Please someone tell me if this can be true or am I believing all the love of my life is TELLING ME A LIE. I AM BESIDE MYSELF.

Please someone help me for i am sooo lost.

Brook

Lisajd

The first thing to talk about you how was he tested and how were you tested and which types do you both have.  Secondly you would need to confirm that when you had a child that they did test for herpes because then that would confirm whether it is something that has happened after marriage.  It does seem that happy scatola dormant for a very long period of time and it's possible that you've had mould outbreaks in the past and have passed them off as something else because he say you had a daughter if it was not picked up then either the test did not pick it up if you already have it or he had stepped outside of the marriage.  

Brook

I have a full blown miserable outbreak Now. I know in the 30 years I've never experienced anything even close to this. We had the blood test. 

Brook

What do they give to treat it? Predisone, Pills creams? Is there anytng over the counter that can help? i'm so embarrassed.

Disc0rdant
44 minutes ago, Brook said:

What do they give to treat it? Predisone, Pills creams? Is there anytng over the counter that can help? i'm so embarrassed.

That sucks.  Why did he go in to the doc?  I know hsv can lay dormant but that sounds wild.

hs29

I was dormant for about two years and all of the conversations I've had with the docs said it is very possible for herpes to be dormant for years and years. Sending you love.

fixme1
16 hours ago, Brook said:

I have been married for 30 years. My husband got a call from his doctor telling him he has the genital herpes virus.  I thought he had jock itch or a yeast infection. and gave it to me!!!! I have NEVER been with anyone else in my 30 year marriage and he swears he hasn't. Before him I was married to a truck driver whom later 10 years later he left me and his two children for a man.   I have a hard time believing that since i had a daughter 27 years ago and they didn't find it then and now all of a sudden it laid dormant after 30 years!!!!!! With NO indications of anything until now??? Please someone tell me if this can be true or am I believing all the love of my life is TELLING ME A LIE. I AM BESIDE MYSELF.

Please someone help me for i am sooo lost.

Brook

Many people react differently , and alot dont even know they have it due to mild or no outbreaks at all. I hope everything gets better for you, things will be ok! everyone on here is here to help and guide you

Lisajd

If you both had a blood test its not a recent infection.  You need antivirals from your dr. Try epsom salt bath. Nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens. Educate yourself and you will see how easy you can get hsv

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Deexoxo
      By Deexoxo
      Hi I’m new to this website, it’s been a year since I found out I have  HSV 2. My question is, how likely can genital herpes be spread during sex if the condom tore the skin of the vagina area and it was bleeding a tiny bit? I was intimite with a man recently and we used a condom, it ended up pulling and tearing a small cut on my vagina, towards the end he took the condom off and I didn’t know until afterwards... I am on a suppressive treatment. I take Valtrex once a day but I forget to take it sometimes. what are the chances of him getting it?
    • Leemell48
      By Leemell48
      I recently noticed a red rash inside the opening of my vagina. It painful to the touch and I see a small flesh colored bump all of sudden. I'm freaking out since I can't get to the doctor til Tuesday. I also have white gray discharge. What kind of symptoms did you have during first ob?
    • Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      Wanted to find out people's reoccurrence with hsv2 
      -How long you've had hsv2 
      -How your first outbreak was 
      -How many outbreaks you've had since the first and how the severity is of the reoccurring outbreaks 
      Hoping to get some positive success stories with hsv2 
      Any success with only herbal supplements 
      -
    • Lovley80
      By Lovley80
      Hey there, I’m wondering if there are any women here who are in menopause and are experiencing outbreaks after years of not having any. I had a complete hysterectomy in 2015. Before that, my last outbreak was in 2009. In 2017 I got a small sore on my labia. Never had one in that spot before. About one year later I got another small sore in the same place. After that I had constant tingling so my dr put me on 500 mg of Valtrex twice a day to see if it helped relieve the tingling. It helped and the sensation went away. Well, last night after a day of intense itching I noticed three small sore on my anus. I never have experienced them showing up there. I’m so upset and am wondering if this is because of being in menopause, which I take estrogen for hormone replacement therapy, or did the Valtrex somehow cause my immune system to weaken against this virus. I never used Valtrex until my outbreak in 2017. I’ve had HSV2 since 2004. Any input is so appreciated. I’m thinking of starting the Valtrex once a day just so I don’t pass this on to my boyfriend. Thank god he’s very supportive and is so understanding. But I still do not want to give this to him! 
    • flowerblossom245
      By flowerblossom245
      I was recently diagnosed with HSV 1 a week ago and the emotional strain has been horrible. I’m the type of person who hates the unknown, so I’m trying to figure out if I have it genitally or orally. I had sex with someone who has been tested for herpes, but he doesn’t remember which strain he has. He hasn’t had an outbreak in years and has taken medicine, so my doctor initially said the chance was extremely low that he gave it to me (especially because it was only for about 1 min and that was it.) I get mouth ulcers regularly and I also get what I believe is a cold sore right in the corner of my mouth (which I’ve read isn’t a real cold sore?) so I’m wondering if that’s why I tested positive. We had sex a month and a half ago, and the symptoms started about a week and a half ago. Burning while peeing, and the occasional itching. When my doctor looked (she also did a Pap smear) she said she saw no lesions which I took as a good sign. I’ve been taking Valtrex for 5 days now but my symptoms haven’t improved at all. I just need people to talk to who know how I’m feeling. Thank you all 
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.