World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Brook

Feel Like a Fool

Brook

I have been married for 30 years. My husband got a call from his doctor telling him he has the genital herpes virus.  I thought he had jock itch or a yeast infection. and gave it to me!!!! I have NEVER been with anyone else in my 30 year marriage and he swears he hasn't. Before him I was married to a truck driver whom later 10 years later he left me and his two children for a man.   I have a hard time believing that since i had a daughter 27 years ago and they didn't find it then and now all of a sudden it laid dormant after 30 years!!!!!! With NO indications of anything until now??? Please someone tell me if this can be true or am I believing all the love of my life is TELLING ME A LIE. I AM BESIDE MYSELF.

Please someone help me for i am sooo lost.

Brook

Lisajd

The first thing to talk about you how was he tested and how were you tested and which types do you both have.  Secondly you would need to confirm that when you had a child that they did test for herpes because then that would confirm whether it is something that has happened after marriage.  It does seem that happy scatola dormant for a very long period of time and it's possible that you've had mould outbreaks in the past and have passed them off as something else because he say you had a daughter if it was not picked up then either the test did not pick it up if you already have it or he had stepped outside of the marriage.  

Brook

I have a full blown miserable outbreak Now. I know in the 30 years I've never experienced anything even close to this. We had the blood test. 

Brook

What do they give to treat it? Predisone, Pills creams? Is there anytng over the counter that can help? i'm so embarrassed.

Disc0rdant
44 minutes ago, Brook said:

What do they give to treat it? Predisone, Pills creams? Is there anytng over the counter that can help? i'm so embarrassed.

That sucks.  Why did he go in to the doc?  I know hsv can lay dormant but that sounds wild.

hs29

I was dormant for about two years and all of the conversations I've had with the docs said it is very possible for herpes to be dormant for years and years. Sending you love.

fixme1
16 hours ago, Brook said:

I have been married for 30 years. My husband got a call from his doctor telling him he has the genital herpes virus.  I thought he had jock itch or a yeast infection. and gave it to me!!!! I have NEVER been with anyone else in my 30 year marriage and he swears he hasn't. Before him I was married to a truck driver whom later 10 years later he left me and his two children for a man.   I have a hard time believing that since i had a daughter 27 years ago and they didn't find it then and now all of a sudden it laid dormant after 30 years!!!!!! With NO indications of anything until now??? Please someone tell me if this can be true or am I believing all the love of my life is TELLING ME A LIE. I AM BESIDE MYSELF.

Please someone help me for i am sooo lost.

Brook

Many people react differently , and alot dont even know they have it due to mild or no outbreaks at all. I hope everything gets better for you, things will be ok! everyone on here is here to help and guide you

Lisajd

If you both had a blood test its not a recent infection.  You need antivirals from your dr. Try epsom salt bath. Nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens. Educate yourself and you will see how easy you can get hsv

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      Hey guys and girls,
      Yesterday I was diagnosed with genital hsv-1. I’ve been taking medicine for this since Tuesday though. Last week Saturday I had my first outbreak, I realized it on Friday, but thought it was an ingrown hair until the guy I was dating staring moving funny on Saturday morning (I haven’t received oral or penetration from him in like two weeks though). I went to urgent care on Saturday morning. When initially went to the DR he said it just looked as if my skin was irritated and gave me some cream to put on it. I know my body though so I failed to believe it was just irritated skin. He drew blood because he felt as if I didn’t have enough for the culture (he still performed one though). Anyway, I started researching to figure out how I could soothe my pain and decided to go to the free clinic where I lived. The obgyn looked at my outbreak and told me it was herpes. She also took a culture, but put me on medicine right away. I’ve been taking the medicine twice a day, have been using Dermoplast to numb my vag so I can use the bathroom (I haven’t used it in a couple of days though because it’s easier to use it without having to deal with it burning), taking epsom salt baths multiple times a day, using tea tree oil, and placing an ice pack on it at night. When i first thought I had HSV I wanted to die...like literally wanted to end it all because 9/10 I used condoms during sex and can literally count how many times I’ve had sex. But then I decided to just educate myself. Yesterday, dr #1 called me back for my results and told me it was genital hsv1. I feel like a lot of us forgets the danger of having unprotected oral. I’ve contacted all the partners I’ve ever had and told them to get checked for hsv 1 and 2 so they won’t infect an innocent girl. How do you guys deal with gHSV1? How often do you have recurrences? Are any of you on suppressive therapy?
    • Leedschick
      By Leedschick
      Hey folks. 

I posted here last week, I didn't include a picture so here it is. Also my previous post if no one saw it. Does it look like herpes to you? 
      -----
      Hey guys and girls. Anyone any advice for me? I feel at a loss. I haven't been properly diagnosed, only a visual diagnosis. On Friday night I was with my fella, we've been seeing each other for 5 months and always used a condom. Everything was fine, then Saturday I felt a little nippy down below. Sunday came and I decided to have a look down there. I was horrified at what I saw. In the entrance of my vagina was a rather large white patch,it looked like a hole, filled with white stuff. After that it got really painful to pee, very painful to walk and even sit down. I told him it looks like herpes, as I googled it. 
      So that night I took a bath, and had another look after my bath. The white stuff had gone, and honest to God all i could see was a bright red looking hole. So this morning I went to my local clinic, and had a nurse take a look. she said it does look like herpes, it could be herpes, but it may not be. She tried to take a swab but the pain was that bad that everytime she touched it you had to peal me off the ceiling so she had to give up, gave me anti viral medication and an ointment to apply and I've to go back next week. I've had my suspicions for a while now as my ex had coldsores, and after a night with him I started to feel funny down there. This was a year and a half ago. Eventually I got diagnosed with vulvodynia, which I'm now thinking it may have been herpes all along.
      I don't know what to do. Feel disgusting. My boyfriend says if we'd never break up over it, but I'm an over thinker and I'm thinking the worst. I only done 2 things different last week, I used a hair removal cream, and used a different condom to the ones we had been using. Racking my brain trying to think of what else it could be, but honestly I do believe it's genital herpes and I'm gutted. It's the worse physical pain I've ever been in, peeing is the worst. 

• lilmay
      By lilmay
      So  about 2 months ago, I started having unprotected and protected sex with a new person. During this time, I was experiencing a lot of itchiness and some burning. When realizing this, I decided to go to my gynecologist who tested me for all vaginal bacterial infections and all stds. The results came out negative even though I have been having this constant itching and burning on my labia. I have also learned that when I have sex, the itching and burning gets more intense and sometimes my whole vulva would be inflamed for a day or two. My sexual partner also got tested for stds and he was negative as well. I don't know what to do to make this itching and burning stop. I stopped having sex for more than a month now and the problem still hasn't gone away. I keep thinking its herpes even though I got a blood test and never had any kind of sores and my partner has never experienced any kind of symptoms for it. What can I do?  

• Boom
      By Boom
      Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. 
    • Leemell48
      By Leemell48
      It's been five months since possible exposure and keep having symptoms. I keep experiencing thigh and pelvic pain and thick discharge. Also get shooting pains vaginally and on my butt. I just saw a small white bump inside my labia and next to it is a small open sore. They don't hurt when touched but the rest of my vagina hurts when touched or sitting. Does any of this sound like anyone's ob? I got tested in October but I'm scared I tested too early and now having trouble getting a doctor to retest me  
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Sarah889
      Really wasn't sure which topic to put this in! I'm guessing a lot of you will have seen the recent news that Mel B was rushed to hospital thinking she was blind from her eye herpes.  I know she's not as famous as she used to be, but I really don't understand why celebrities with a big presence aren't doing anything about this, such as fundraising for a cure or even just talking about it to raise awareness. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think she's ever spoken about it before!  She clearly suffers from some bad symptoms. Thinking that you've gone blind must have been one of the most terrifying experiences, and to me, after that ordeal I would try and do everything in my power to raise awareness and find a cure.  Maybe she just doesn't know about all the vaccination research that's currently happening, and how many of these places need the extra funding to keep going?  Not sure where I'm going with this 😂 But does anyone think it's worth getting in contact with her about raising some awareness?
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Alda whatever is going on for your arm you can rest assured it is not at all likely to be herpes. Could the blister type things be from the massage causing irritation, perhaps even contact dermatitis? If you aren't seeing improvement soon consider seeing the doctor but it doesn't strike me as anything of much concern.
    • Alda
      I need help; i went and got a massage and 2 days later my upper arm feels super sore and is red with 3 blister type things, each about a small pea size the place I got a massage at was  not very sanitary , it was hot in there and the masseuse was sweating I think (i do have the down south H but haven’t had a breakout in about a year and I still don’t.) my arm does not itch just super sore. I wonder what is on my arm. any ideas?
    • Quest
      It did! There are combinations you can take that will not give you this effect, I just didn't want to do medication anymore. What I am doing https://www.amazon.com/MakingCosmetics-BHT-4-4oz-125g/dp/B01DE780OS read Steve Fowkes free book BHT1/8 t in coconut liquid MCT chain oil. Extremely hard to dissolve. I leave it for a day, must read Steve Fowkes free book online, overdose gets people dizzy! More is not better! Oils will also not get Rancid if you put some in your cooking oils! whole food vitamin, glutamine 3x one gram, suggested by case9 love it DHEA,25mg, most people who breakout have low levels lugols iodine worked way to four drops. Fulvic acid minerals. Thyriod granular meds   When I used to have obs I used monolaurin and st.John s wort. I used diaper rash cream for obs I also still spray genitals with zinc sulfate mixed with water. I learned it kills any virus plus summer sweat won't smell at all!  There is one thing I will not be without and that's BHT and zinc sulfate
    • blurneworder
      Did your hair grow back?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.