World's Largest Herpes Support Group
ohno35

Wondering if Anyone With Weird Symptoms Has Found Answers

ohno35

Hi all,

In November 2016, two days after having sex with a new partner, I developed pretty classic symptoms of herpes on both my mouth and my genitals. What really made me think it was herpes though was the constant nerve pain and itching that developed a few weeks later and have persisted until now, June 2017. However, so far, I have had multiple tests and have tested negative for igg Elisa. I have read some posts of people that seem to be in the same boat as me- constant nerve pain/symptoms but no positive results or sores- in the forum here. However, they all seem to be only 6 months to a year in and just as clueless as me. Has anyone had symptoms and tested negative after six months only to test positive some time later with no new partners? Has anyone had similar symptoms and received an alternate diagnosis or some sort of treatment/relief? Thanks for all of your help.

LillianPanos

Hi did you have an outbreak? were you able to get a swab? My swab said hsv2 but 1 dr said not typed properly as the blood work she did9 weeks showed only positive for hsv1. I had cold sores as child. But 2 other drs said swab was correct. I did 4 iggs over a yr all negative for hsv2. its now 15 months. I still have weird feelings all the time down there when I ck and feel around nothing its nerves I think. Annoying as all !

ohno35
1 hour ago, LillianPanos said:

Hi did you have an outbreak? were you able to get a swab? My swab said hsv2 but 1 dr said not typed properly as the blood work she did9 weeks showed only positive for hsv1. I had cold sores as child. But 2 other drs said swab was correct. I did 4 iggs over a yr all negative for hsv2. its now 15 months. I still have weird feelings all the time down there when I ck and feel around nothing its nerves I think. Annoying as all !

Nope, I never had an outbreak. I'm sorry you're going through that, I know how frustrating it can be not to have answers while being physically uncomfortable.

darlingdisaster

My first OB lasted for about three weeks, and then healed and symptoms stopped, then it came back about two or three weeks after that.  Then I just kept going in and out of OBs and it was awful.  I was diagnosed November 2015.  Late 2016 I started experiencing neuropathy in my inner thighs that I later realized was a sign that I was shedding and my body was attempting to have an OB.  I've had flares like that.  

Until this past Wednesday, I hadn't had any OBs since a wreck I was in in January which triggered stress and about a week long OB.  Then nothing as I began to improve my diet, improve my supplement intake, etc.  Last month I experienced work stress.  None of the weird nerve pain symptoms came back.  Not until Tuesday night.

So what is this about swab tests after already being diagnosed?  Is this a way that people can keep track of their virus?  Also what is IGG?  I know this is just one thread, so if someone could direct me to other threads that provide info, I'd be grateful.  I just wanted to jump on this one and share that I have the weird neuropathy symptoms and nerve pain that I never had before in my life.  I haven't been able to go back to my doctor in a little over a year due to financial issues.

ohno35
On 6/23/2017 at 1:40 PM, darlingdisaster said:

My first OB lasted for about three weeks, and then healed and symptoms stopped, then it came back about two or three weeks after that.  Then I just kept going in and out of OBs and it was awful.  I was diagnosed November 2015.  Late 2016 I started experiencing neuropathy in my inner thighs that I later realized was a sign that I was shedding and my body was attempting to have an OB.  I've had flares like that.  

Until this past Wednesday, I hadn't had any OBs since a wreck I was in in January which triggered stress and about a week long OB.  Then nothing as I began to improve my diet, improve my supplement intake, etc.  Last month I experienced work stress.  None of the weird nerve pain symptoms came back.  Not until Tuesday night.

So what is this about swab tests after already being diagnosed?  Is this a way that people can keep track of their virus?  Also what is IGG?  I know this is just one thread, so if someone could direct me to other threads that provide info, I'd be grateful.  I just wanted to jump on this one and share that I have the weird neuropathy symptoms and nerve pain that I never had before in my life.  I haven't been able to go back to my doctor in a little over a year due to financial issues.

IGG is the test that looks for antibodies to either HSV 1 or 2. It takes an average of 3 months for these antibodies to show up in the blood, but some people don't develop them until 6 months post exposure. I don't know what you mean by keeping track of the virus.

I've been having neuropathy symptoms for the last 8 months now. It really sucks because my OBGYN doesn't know what to do since I didn't have positive results. It seems that a lot of people on this forum have similar experiences with chronic nerve pain unfortunately.