World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
JuneBug27

Today I was diagnosed with HSV

JuneBug27

Hi,

A few weeks ago I woke up to a man having sex with me at 4AM. Today, I was diagnosed with HSV. I'm having a really hard time right now and these chat rooms definitely don't make it any better. After reading through some of the comments- people sound like they've lost their way a bit. They seem like having this virus in unlivable. I'm turning 27 this Friday, happy birthday to me I guess. To the strange man who ruined the rest of my life, I hope you felt the same pain that I do now when you found out you were infected with HSV. I no longer feel beautiful or pure, I'm only full of shame and regret and sadness. I refuse to believe that life ends here, I will overcome and I will figure out how to be happy again. But for now, I am devistated and confused and I'm reaching out for recovery and hope. Thank you

ohno35

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I agree, it can be a little depressing reading through the forums, but it seems like the people having a hard time also isolate themselves. It's important to grieve the diagnosis, but if you present herpes as this horrible thing to other people and potential partners, they will start to believe it. 

Lisajd

Mentally it can affect people a lot more than others and to some degree it's because of the shame they feel or the way they got it or the fact that they just have outbreaks all the time but it doesn't need to ruin your life it is a virus and if you don't have any outbreaks there is no reason why you can't lead a normal life.  The majority of people on here and you like you and I going through the emotional side which is what happens to everyone and down the track it does get better but it is your attitude towards at the makes a difference

fixme1

Sorry to hear of your horrible experience , in time you will feel better but everyone here will help and support you best they can. Remember, you are still the person you were. Don't make this virus make you feel you arnt beautiful or pure anymore, what you will come to realise is how common hsv is these days, you arnt alone in this.

Edited by fixme1

Beachguy

Sorry you are going through this ordeal but thank you for the courage to share with us. We all make mistakes but just don't let define you.

Now things may look pretty bleak at the beginning but there are better days ahead.  You will get through it. I'd suggest get educated on the subject. Lots of tips on this site as well as helpful folks.  Take it one day at a time.

Lisajd
1 hour ago, mariam543 said:

If you think you might have herpes, or you are not sure whether your last results were accurate, you should get tested for HSV and other STDs as soon as possible. If you are currently experiencing symptoms, you can get viral culture and DNA tests. And if there are no symptoms present at the moment it is advised to get a blood test to find out whether you have herpes.

Don't wait for an outbreak to get tested! Even if you have no symptoms, you can still pass herpes to other people. And if left
untreated, HSV can pose a serious threat to your mental and physical health.

--------------- fb.me/ColdSoreHerpesHSVCure---------------

Vop has already stated she has been tested for herpes and I note that you have a note on the bottom relating to Facebook and The Cure if you are a spammer do not post here again

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• vitacoco
      By vitacoco
      Hi everyone, 
      I have SO many questions. As of yesterday I found out I have HSV1. My boyfriend spread it to me through oral after he recently had gotten over a cold sore, yet it is still on my genital area. I found out yesterday what it was and I have not stopped crying since. Neither of us had any idea the virus could spread like that and he feels extremely guilty, yet fully supportive. I love him so much, but I'm only 17 so I think everyone can agree we most likely will not be together forever. I'm extremely nervous for my future. How do I tell a potential partner I have HSV1? When do I tell them? Are all my sexual fantasies over before I'm even 18? And.. most importantly.. will anyone ever accept me again? I feel like my dream of a husband and family went out the window. Please. please reply. I need someone to talk to ASAP. 
  • Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

• HerpesOrNot
      @DJwah curious about your results. anything you can share?
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks. Did you experience general discomfort when urinating for quite a while after the excruciating part was done, or was it instantly over after the week with antivirals? 
    • HerpesOrNot
      Thanks for the response.  I have been tested for HSV over and over for 5 months (IgM 1 time and IgG over 5 times) and been negative on everything, including a swab of a red rash and of an irritated urethral opening.  My very first symptom of anything was VERY painful urination that lasted about a day or two if I recall, followed a week or so later by a sore throat, chills, night sweats, and fatigue.  Things settled for maybe a few days, then came an extremely itchy anus/rectum with redness for weeks, itchy groin with no redness at all, then eventual red, itchy rash in groin and increase in redness on penile skin with mild itching. Never had a lesion or blister anywhere from what I've seen. Nothing seems to coincide with typical herpes, but herpes isn't always typical from what I've learned. Creams of all kinds from doctors are not helping at all.  I seem to have a new bug no one has ever come across (doubtful), or an atypical case of herpes or something similar. 
    • WilsoInAus
      No, Sebi was a fraud. This article is an interesting summary. https://www.thebody.com/article/dr-sebi-did-not-cure-hiv-nipsey-hussle-documentary If you’re basing the possibility of ‘cures’ on Sebi, I’ve got a car for sale that’s had one careful lady driver! Its simply fact that of the 40 billion people who have ever had HSV 1/2, not one eradicated it from their body.
    • Mr Fasting
      I'm amazed people do not think outside the box and to go to great efforts to reply to me saying "it's not curable" I simply cannot understand. If you truly believe Western Medicine and they say it's not curable then whatever they claim in the future you will live your life with their scientific proof. I simply have posted here to hear from like minded people who are juicing and doing colonics to see what their results are. People who have had cancer have cured it with a alternative lifestyle becoming vegan etc so if cancer is cureable who can't you open your mind and just think could hsv be curable? did you know Dr Sebi was taken to court because he claimed he cured someone with Aids? He turned up with 25 people who he cured of all illnesses and was let off. So please spare me your thought's of "It's not curable" as I will never belive that. Unless you have some experiences with juicing and colonics you wish to share then do not comment on this thread. Will no longer reply to closed minded sad people like yourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.