World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
hellohello111

Broccoli and kale. Yes or no

hellohello111

Hey folks,

I have been reading conflicting reports on consuming broccoli and kale. I drink one of these smoothies every day with mixed berries banana and milk and yogurt. I started last June and didn't have an OBs until February where I had two in three weeks. The same for June. 

I didn't change my smoothie intake. Could the arginine in it built up over time and took over? I take 6000mg of lysine tablets a day, vitamins E, B complex, fish oil, and a multivitamin. I don't eat junk food regularly, only on occasion. Should I increase the amount of smoothie or lessen? Anything helps. 

Lisajd

It could be related to other things.  Trial and error.  Why have arginine food then take lysine. Counter productive

WilsoInAus

Yes indeed. Note that the average daily intake in a healthy diet of arginine is about 5-10g. The average daily intake of lysine is 20-30g.

hellohello111
2 hours ago, Lisajd said:

It could be related to other things.  Trial and error.  Why have arginine food then take lysine. Counter productive

I know but I'm not eating that much arginine. Unless kale and broccoli has a lot in it. Is this what you're saying?

Rick Sanchez
On 6/21/2017 at 6:38 PM, hellohello111 said:

Hey folks,

I have been reading conflicting reports on consuming broccoli and kale. I drink one of these smoothies every day with mixed berries banana and milk and yogurt. I started last June and didn't have an OBs until February where I had two in three weeks. The same for June. 

I didn't change my smoothie intake. Could the arginine in it built up over time and took over? I take 6000mg of lysine tablets a day, vitamins E, B complex, fish oil, and a multivitamin. I don't eat junk food regularly, only on occasion. Should I increase the amount of smoothie or lessen? Anything helps. 

Check out- http://nutritiondata.self.com/  there is a search in the top of the page that will give you the nutritional breakdown of just about any food you can think off.  I stumbled across it a little while back and have been using it as a guideline.  

Everything that I have been told or read says that eating cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, kale, cauliflower, etc. are beneficial due to  a compound indole-3-carbinol.