World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Banana1

Hi! I've just signed up

Banana1

Hi. I remarried in 2013. Was diagnosed with HSV2 in 2014. Had a horrible outbreak, sores, aching, temperature etc. Devastated to find out - & no idea where from. Far more likely ( in my opinion) to have got it from my ex husband, or the relationship before my second marriage. ( I'm 51 now) I was raped aged 18, and as it can lie dormant, could even be from that far back. I've had about 8 outbreaks since, none as severe but annoying..and usually being tired & run down triggers it. Hard to manage as we foster 2 boys. I also have 4 grown up children , and my husband & I have 7 grandchildren between us so life is busy! 

I'm also peri menopausal so in having to deal with all those symptoms too plus the start of prolapses. My daughters and one sister knows about the Herpes ( & hubby of course) but I largely keep it private. So glad to find this forum. In closed Facebook groups you can still see who belongs and I'd rather my friends didn't know. 

Interested to hear if anyone has a similar life to me and how you manage. I take acylovir when I get an outbreak but not all the time. Sex also triggers it, which is a shame as it makes me hold back. I find coconut oil a saviour , I'd have no intimacy otherwise. 

Thanks for reading. 

Banana1

Provides lubrication which prevents damage to the skin which is caused by friction. If I'm too dry I seem to get scratches or small tears which trigger an outbreak

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Marley91
      By Marley91
      I was diagnosed with HSV2 in the form of whitlow on the palm of my hand over a year ago. 
      Since then I have had breakouts almost every single month, sometimes more. I take valcyclovir 1000mg daily and had been ob free for a couple of months. I missed one day of medication and am now struggling with a terrible outbreak. 
      My anxiety is through the roof- especially with the fear of viral shedding when I don’t have an ob.  
      When I have an ob I am EXTREMELY fatigued and can barely function. Does anyone else get run down this easily? I know it’s only supposed to happen with the first outbreak but I’m going on 15+ in the last year with terrible side effects. 
      Will I need to wear a bandaid for the rest of my life- even when not experiencing an ob?? I get massages regularly and am always paranoid when they massage my hand that I might spread it to them through viral shedding. 
      The bandaids irritate my skin- does anyone have a better solution to keep my Palm covered all the time? 

TIA
    • lilmay
      By lilmay
      So  about 2 months ago, I started having unprotected and protected sex with a new person. During this time, I was experiencing a lot of itchiness and some burning. When realizing this, I decided to go to my gynecologist who tested me for all vaginal bacterial infections and all stds. The results came out negative even though I have been having this constant itching and burning on my labia. I have also learned that when I have sex, the itching and burning gets more intense and sometimes my whole vulva would be inflamed for a day or two. My sexual partner also got tested for stds and he was negative as well. I don't know what to do to make this itching and burning stop. I stopped having sex for more than a month now and the problem still hasn't gone away. I keep thinking its herpes even though I got a blood test and never had any kind of sores and my partner has never experienced any kind of symptoms for it. What can I do?  

• Missingmynormal
      By Missingmynormal
      All I have been doing is research over the past three weeks and I still don’t even know where to begin this post because it’s still so shocking. This post might be long but I hope someone will read it and help me.  I feel like the doctors don’t really truly know about this topic in depth and I have no one to learn from and I’m so so scared.
      My first outbreak was 10 months ago. I had just had sex with a new person and started my period.  The doctor said it was BV and a yeast infection.  I knew that it couldn’t just be that.  My labia was terribly swollen and cut up that it was so painful to go to the bathroom.  Got better but then was cut up again about 2 weeks later and I think after antibiotics really had a yeast infection too.  About 3 weeks ago I felt really itchy one day and the next day I had a cut on my inner labia and started my period that same day.  After closely inspecting it I realized that maybe it could be a blister.  I got the doctor to swab it and they confirmed it was hsv2.  From the time the doc saw it my labia did get a little more raw but def not as bad as what happened 10 months ago.  Of course at that point my stress levels are high and I went back to the doctor a week later to get tested for everything else to make sure I was ok.  So of course high stress again.  Once my initial cut was healed I shaved and ended up with what I think was another outbreak but this time next to my outer labia.  I went back and forth if it was from shaving but I feel like there were two spots and they had itched and were painful. Those spots are not fully healed but no longer hurt.  This morning and for most of the day I felt a sunburn type feeling on my right butt.  When I’m looking at it now I swear that I can see these small bump patches that might look like little blisters ... I don’t think they look like regular little butt bumps. They are so small and it’s hard to see but it does feel tender.  So this makes it seem like the 3rd little outbreak within 3 weeks.   I have always had very dry sensitive skin and I have been very super aware of every little thing since this diagnosis.  I’m supposed to start my period next week and I’m terrified that with it will come a 4th little outbreak.  This is not as painful as that first outbreak but it’s more upsetting cause it feels like it’s lasting longer.

1. Does any of what I’m describing sound normal.  Can you get it in 3 different spots within 3 weeks like this? Why does it keep restarting and it didn’t last time.  Is it ever going to end!? 
      2. How can I figure out what this is going to be like for me if every single circumstance has had different symptoms.
      3. I thought it was mostly supposed to be in the same place so why does this seem like 3 different places? Also, the spot on my butt if it’s hsv2 is this just a place where it can show up or did I spread it there?
      4. If this is a spot on my butt does this mean that I can shed there? I’m so terrified of spreading this to my family.  The spot on my butt is in a place that could be potentially touched by someone as it’s on the top and wouldn’t maybe be covered by s bathing suit. If I’m holding my niece on my hips and her legs happen to rub against that part of my butt and I’m shedding could I pass it to her.  
      5. I went 10 months between these outbreaks and I’m hoping that I won’t have to deal with this often but I’m not understanding why all of the sudden for 3 weeks I’m having something new pop up each week.  I’m so scared that this is going to be my new normal.  I just want to feel like me again and comfortable in my own skin and for the last three weeks all I’ve felt is uncomfortable in my skin.  
      I’d appreciate any help that someone who has been through this can help. I feel hopeless
      I’ve been taking everyday
      a. Probiotic
      b. Vitamin c
      c. Vitamin d
      have periodically used coconut oil, lavender, rosemary, and have taken lysine a handful of times.  
    • kna1519
      By kna1519
      Hey guys, new here as of today. I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve been having more days with outbreaks (single lesion, same spot) than not. I’m praying for a vaginal delivery but obviously want to do what’s best for My Baby but the thoughts of not being able to bring baby into the world vaginally wrecks me...  At 20 weeks I was diagnosed with HSV2 after requesting testing because I had known for probably 3 years but was too ashamed and was in denial to go to a dr  and get the actual diagnosis but wanted to take all precautions for my baby... Anyway, the DR put me on Valacyclovir 3x a day for 7 days and then 2x a day. I noticed absolutely no change.  It was like that one lesion would heal for 2 days and then come back for a week. Today I asked her to switch medications and she told me to just keep taking the Valacyclovir for suppression. I guess my question(s) are #1) how long did it take some of you to see suppression?  2) How many of you had to have a c-section because of active lesions and 3) did anyone’s dr miss a lesion during delivery and was your baby ok? I’m so torn because I don’t want my family to know and what am I suppose to tell them in the event of a c-section when they’ll all be there at the time? 😭—

Thank you for any and all comments in advance. I’m so hoping I can find some peace of mind within this forum. 
      PS: Recently I found that Tree Tea Oil keeps the lesion away longer than the medication did and the dr gave me the ok to continue. Anyone else?
    • Boom
      By Boom
      Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Nicki0605
      I’m in Harlem! 👋🏾
    • Quest
      The ashwagandha is good for thyroid health. I am not familiar with the rest. That is not a list I would put together!
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @moonperson it is not likely that you have given a genital HSV-2 infection to 3 of your friends or your boyfriend from any of the activities that you describe. I'm sure this is all fine. How did your new diagnosis come about?
    • WilsoInAus
      Me too, me too, I hope you can reach you desired level of health... I just think it isn't fully fair in a way to imply that your unfortunate issues are caused by herpes when there is virtually no chance that they are.
    • moonperson
      Hello y’all, im newly diagnosed with herpes simplex 2 and I’ve given it to 3 of my friends and boyfriend. It migrated from my genitals to my mouth and I smoked weed with my friends via pipe without understanding my infection fully. Then my boyfriend told me it’s okay to kiss and give him head cuz he loves me anyway. He’s not a big chaser or nothing, he’s just dumb. I’m living in constant anxiety and a tumultuous emotional state—just seeing if anyone has similar experiences and tips/tricks you may have picked up on the way leaving with herpes, either strain. Honestly, I’m just needing some support, even if herpes is “common” and “manageable”, it has been a heavy heavy weight on my mind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.