World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Banana1

Hi! I've just signed up

Banana1

Hi. I remarried in 2013. Was diagnosed with HSV2 in 2014. Had a horrible outbreak, sores, aching, temperature etc. Devastated to find out - & no idea where from. Far more likely ( in my opinion) to have got it from my ex husband, or the relationship before my second marriage. ( I'm 51 now) I was raped aged 18, and as it can lie dormant, could even be from that far back. I've had about 8 outbreaks since, none as severe but annoying..and usually being tired & run down triggers it. Hard to manage as we foster 2 boys. I also have 4 grown up children , and my husband & I have 7 grandchildren between us so life is busy! 

I'm also peri menopausal so in having to deal with all those symptoms too plus the start of prolapses. My daughters and one sister knows about the Herpes ( & hubby of course) but I largely keep it private. So glad to find this forum. In closed Facebook groups you can still see who belongs and I'd rather my friends didn't know. 

Interested to hear if anyone has a similar life to me and how you manage. I take acylovir when I get an outbreak but not all the time. Sex also triggers it, which is a shame as it makes me hold back. I find coconut oil a saviour , I'd have no intimacy otherwise. 

Thanks for reading. 

Banana1

Provides lubrication which prevents damage to the skin which is caused by friction. If I'm too dry I seem to get scratches or small tears which trigger an outbreak

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• KJ92
      By KJ92
      Hi everyone.
      I never thought I'd see the day that I would be posting in an online forum, let alone for this topic. I also never thought in a million years that I would get this. Im not really sure what to say on here, I just needed to say something. I was recently diagnosed positive for GHSV2... like "4 hours ago" newly diagnosed. I am still just in complete shock. It hasn't settled with me yet that I will be dealing with this for the rest of my life. I already picked up my medication, Valtrex, and it took me a solid 3 minutes to even bring myself to swallow the pill, cause I had this deep sinking feeling, like "once I do this, it's for real... this is actually happening... this is actually my life now.. this isnt some terrible nightmare that Im going to wake up from." Ive already called my (new) boyfriend and broke the news to him. He was much more understanding than I had expected and is actually going tonight to get himself tested, so we can decide where to go from there.
      So I had my doctors appointment yesterday with a new gyno who upon immediately examining me came to the conclusion that what I had was herpes. I didnt want to accept it and continuously reassured her that it couldn't be that because I had just gotten tested in June and those results came back NEGATIVE. Or so I had thought... Apparently, my results in June did NOT come back negative, and in fact came back positive for HSV2, yet NO ONE called me to review these results or follow up with a care plan for me. I don't remember much from that time, but considering the fact that I have been living for almost 5 months now, unknowingly with this virus, tells me that IF/WHEN I had spoken to someone at that particular doctors office, than they must have told me that I showed negative for everything, because I went on living my life like I had nothing. Im not sure what the protocol is in different states, but for VA (where I live) the doctor usually calls you and states that "they received your results and then they proceed to read off said results for each test" over the phone. I know for a FACT, that I would have remembered being told that I was positive for ANYTHING back in June.. especially considering I usually get myself tested often at and take testing very seriously, since I always dreaded the thought of ever catching something. And now.... look where I am left!!! I feel incredibly hurt and angry that this office failed to discuss these results with me! I never received a paper copy of my results, no email, nothing. The only thing I ever received from that visit was a bill stating the amount of money I had left to pay after insurance, and what tests the charges were for. Had I known that I tested positive back in June, I would have NEVER exposed my boyfriend who I very much care about and saw a new future with. I will feel incredibly guilty if his results come back positive and come to find out that  I AM the reason for his diagnosis. 
      Im sorry this is so long, I just have so much inside me that I need to let out. Clearly, you can see I am incredibly angry at this. I feel immensely isolated. I feel dirty. I feel like no one will ever love me again. I feel like even if I find a new partner, how can someone willingly choose to be with a person who has herpes, when they are not infected themselves? Why would they subject themselves to that exposure when there are plenty of other people they can be with who aren't exposed? I have always had a poor self image, I'm incredibly self-conscious. I consistently, on a daily basis struggle with self esteem issues and self-worth... and now, to have this psychological trauma and burden to add on top of all of that?! I don't know how to live with myself and I feel like my world is falling apart and I would be better off dead, than have to deal with a lifetime of loneliness and misery that comes from this psychological pain I am going through. 
      I know I keep reading that "this isn't the end of the world", and "things will get better", etc etc. but being as this is DAY ONE for me.... and I feel like this... I can't imagine having to feel this way EVERY DAY, for who knows how long... until I just feel completely numb from it. I guess when that day finally comes, it'll also be the day that I start getting over it and dealing with this. But from this point A until that point B... the thought of that time in between just feels like so MUCH to deal with. So much pain, and hurt, and sorrow, that I just don't want to feel. not right now, not for a few months, not ever.
      I can't be the only one who has felt this way. I am trying to be positive and divert my energy into researching this illness and finding support groups and forums like this, but I just need to know that I am not alone in this. I know for right now, that in my physical, every day life, the relationships/friendships I deal with in-person on a daily basis, I will be alone for the time being... but I really just need to know that I can, at least, find some support online... from others who understand me or have felt similar to what I am feeling right now. 
    • CC912
      By CC912
      I’m so fucking upset. I found out I had HSV2 this last June and I was so sick in hospital (before I knew) with fever chills my whole body felt like it got hit by a truck. They thought I had meningitis. Then I realized I had sores and got tested for herpes and came back positive. So since then I keep having outbreaks! I have a healthy diet I don’t drink I live a normal life. I even got vitamin C powder and L-lysine to take. My doctor ended up putting me on Valtrex to take every day since I kept getting outbreaks. But nope! Still Happening. I swear I get them every other week and it makes me SO ANGRY I’ve never had so much rage I seriously hate my life now. I can’t even exercise anymore and I’m afraid to even have sex with my boyfriend who surprisingly  doesn’t have it. Does anyone else get them all the time? I’ve never talked to anyone about it besides my doctor and boyfriend so figured I’d join this thing and at least talk to someone who has been through it. UGH 
    • Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      Wanted to find out people's reoccurrence with hsv2 
      -How long you've had hsv2 
      -How your first outbreak was 
      -How many outbreaks you've had since the first and how the severity is of the reoccurring outbreaks 
      Hoping to get some positive success stories with hsv2 
      Any success with only herbal supplements 
      -
    • Lovley80
      By Lovley80
      Hey there, I’m wondering if there are any women here who are in menopause and are experiencing outbreaks after years of not having any. I had a complete hysterectomy in 2015. Before that, my last outbreak was in 2009. In 2017 I got a small sore on my labia. Never had one in that spot before. About one year later I got another small sore in the same place. After that I had constant tingling so my dr put me on 500 mg of Valtrex twice a day to see if it helped relieve the tingling. It helped and the sensation went away. Well, last night after a day of intense itching I noticed three small sore on my anus. I never have experienced them showing up there. I’m so upset and am wondering if this is because of being in menopause, which I take estrogen for hormone replacement therapy, or did the Valtrex somehow cause my immune system to weaken against this virus. I never used Valtrex until my outbreak in 2017. I’ve had HSV2 since 2004. Any input is so appreciated. I’m thinking of starting the Valtrex once a day just so I don’t pass this on to my boyfriend. Thank god he’s very supportive and is so understanding. But I still do not want to give this to him! 
    • Lolarae
      By Lolarae
      Around 3 years I go I contracted HSV2 from my now ex boyfriend. 
      At first it started off as a small tear..straight after sex. I assumed it was just due to the Brazilian wax I had gotten earlier that day. (I now know that that is probably what aided in me contracting HSV2) the next day, the year turned into a blister, then more appeared in the coming days. It was horrible. I had a funny colour discharge and it burned. I would sit in the bath just to pee. I went to a sexual health clinic in london where they took swans and examined me. They gave me meds to take and told me that it did indeed look like herpes. But that I should wait for my results to come back,and take meds in the mean time. 
      I got a call a few days later saying that I tested postive. I asked her if it was for HSV1 or HSV2.. as I had done a lot of research by then to know the distinct difference.  She confirmed that it was HSV2.. to this day I have not had a blood test. As swans are usually most accurate at detecting HSV.
      at first I was in denial. I didn’t get out breaks that often luckily.. and if I did it was just a. Small blister on my labia to the right of my clitorous. I would occasionally get some nerve tingling in my legs which I put down to asymtomatic shedding. I have never been on antivirals as my symptoms were barely noticeable 
      I started dating someone a year later and I told them about my HSV2. He took about an hour to read up on it.. and never mentioned it again. We carried on our relationship. I never took antivirals and we did not ever use condoms. To this day he has not contracted HSV. For a long time I somehow managed to forget that i had this horrible disease. I lived normally and happily..outbreaks were barely even noticeable. I guess this is because I had no reason to think about it. He treated me no different. Sadly our relationship has ended, however we are still friends. He has never ever mentioned my HSV to me since the day I told him.
      But now 3 years on I am dating a new guy that I really really care about. I see us getting married and having kids. 
      Buy one day We were talking about his sexual partners and he informed me that he always uses protection as he has had a herpes scare in the past and that it was the worst time of his life. Luckily he tested negative.
      Because of this I don’t know if he will ever accept me. And I am heartbroken. I cry all the time and am very very depressed...to the point of thinking about suicide. I don’t want to live my life like this. I look at females and envy them for being normal and for being able to have such carefree sex, never having to worry about this. 
      Even if this guy isn’t the one for me. I wonder if I will ever be able to find someone without feeling like this. 
      This world is cruel. And evil. And unfair. I don’t deserve this and neither do any of us. Life sucks
      im pretty sure these companies have a cure but are feeding us useless antivirals in order to make money. Our lives mean nothing to them. We mean nothing To them.
      emotionally I a ruined. I don’t see my body the same. And I hate my vagina. 
      The thought of having to take pills for the rest of my life just because of  my stupid ex boyfriend tears my heart apart. Why me? I was good.. Now I am tainted and undesirable.
      I’ve been looking online for natural remedies/cures. Although I’m not gullible enough to believe in paying money for a natural cure. 
      I’m in going to try Dr Sebi’s cell food diet. They say it is an intracellular cleanse that can rid the body of any disease. But it is a lifestyle..not a quick fix. I do believe he was really onto something.. that’s why they killed him in custody. He proved in court that he had cured people of HIV AIDS, blindness, herpes and other illnesses. He brought 77 paitients to court with him to prove this. 
      I’ve also read scientific research stating that oregano oil is very affective at killing the herpes virus.
      the trouble is getting it to the virus in our nerve cells in the ganglion. 
      I understand why pharmaceutical companies would not promote this method of self healing as it does not benefit them. 
      But I am also aware that there are no people in this forum that have been able to sucessfullu rid themselves of the virus. And even if the tests do come back negative and outbreaks stop... the virus could still be in there hiding. 
      But im trying  to save my life. So I am willing to try.
      This is long. And if you’ve made it to the end.. congrats. 
      This may be the last post I make. As if this doesn’t work. I can’t stay on this earth living with the pain of what could have been if I had not been with one person. 

• Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.