World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Poisonflower

Does it get better?

Poisonflower

I'm alone, I'm tired of being ashamed. I'm tired of being rejected, judged more than usual. I'm tired of bad sex. I'm tired of bad relationships and men taking advantage of what I have and how I feel about it. I'm tired celibacy. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of being angry. I'm tired of stigmas. I'm tired of feeling undesirable. I'm just PLAIN SICK of herpes. I don't even know the right way to live my life anymore nothing is fun. I learned chocolate makes it flare up! Tf?! Everything has gone to shit. I guess a positive is I'm so scared to even let a man get close to me so I don't have to worry about catching anything else. But I'm really sad.

KJS

Yes ofcourse it gets easier!! Think positive and positive things will come your way!! Keep your head up.

Lisajd

You are the only one who is stopping yourself from being happy not herpes.  That saying your life is what you make it is exactly true you.   

LWestCoast

I can 100% relate. I hate feeling like just because someone excepts my status I now somehow owe them in the relationship....+ all teh other myriad of socila affects u listed above. I remind myself when im feeling super down that everyone is going to die and nothing is going to matter in the end anyways so just relax. I also try and put things in perspective: people get MS, Cancer, HIV, blown up by bombs etc. every day. These problems are all much more real then herpes. It is hard and ur problems are real, but life is short. We only have so much time on this earth and ruminating on this is a waste of our precious time alive. 

I still feel confused and stigmatized myself though ...so in the interest of living my best life have signed up for a counselling session with Dr. Kelly at Pink Tent. She specializes in counselling for herpes positives and is positive herself. This is on Monday. If u are interested in hearing if I thought this was helpful PM me and I'll let u know.