World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Sideways

What are my option to mask HSV on my lip?

Sideways

About a month a ago I kissed a girl and a week later sure enough a bump popped up on my upper lip. I was shook, went to the store as purchased a tube of abreva.  The next day the bump went away and o continued to monitor my lip obsessively. Sure enough a month later and my upper lip is starting to look crazy. I havent had a cold sore only little bumps. The abreva bring the bumps down and my lip is dark so it's hardto notice the bumps unless ur directly in my face. I'm so embarrassed and I have to go to work too  I'm hoping none of my coworkers notice until I can get to the doctor and maybe he can prescribe something to make this situation better. Truthfully since this has happen I haven't taken on and extra amount of stress. The past couple weeks have been literally the most stressful weeks of my life. So stressed that i run out of energy. On my days off I don't even want to leave my house. 

If I could some how disguise the bumps because I don't know if they will pop and Ozze like I seen in some of the google images I searched. Which is friggin terryifying in its own right.  The lesions have been there for over 2 weeks now , some day is more swollen than others. Monday I will go to the doctor office to see if he can prescribe me something. Any recommendation and what will happen to my lip and also what oitment/cream or medications i should be shooting for and also is there any chance I'm able to disguise this crap on my lip in order for me to go back to my regular life some how? 

Sanguine108

Amazon has this ointment called Lemon Balm Salve by Wise Ways something or other. It's very very good.

Evaluate

I haven't had a cold sore for a while, but I keep a tincture of lemon balm handy just in case.  You can find it at most health food stores.  I put a drop on my finger and then dab it on the spot.  It usually clears up quite quickly.

Lemon balm is inexpensive and also doubles as a tea to help you sleep.

Sideways

Actually I purchased the same product from wise ways from Amazon earlier this week. It in facts makes my lip more glossy and the bumps are extremely noticeable . The abreva drys the bump out and shrinks it a lil bit , but I noticed that if the bumps are moist they are easier to notice, but thank u for ur input. 

Sideways

I'm gonna try the lemon balm liquid, the salve wasn't so great. Thanks 

Evaluate

The liquid will likely have alcohol in it, which dries things out.  It may be damp for a few minutes after you apply it but it will quickly dry (and shrink the sore).

Evaluate

Not really.  Lemon balm is an easy to grow plant and is plentiful and there are many brands depending on your location.  If you go to a health food/health store you can always ask someone inside if there is a preferred brand.  In my opinion, for this type of product and the intended use, it won't really make a difference.

Sanguine108
7 hours ago, Sideways said:

Actually I purchased the same product from wise ways from Amazon earlier this week. It in facts makes my lip more glossy and the bumps are extremely noticeable . The abreva drys the bump out and shrinks it a lil bit , but I noticed that if the bumps are moist they are easier to notice, but thank u for ur input. 

Ah yeah it does make it glossy.  Personally I started with the Super Lysine Plus ointment.  Then tried the Lemon Balm salve to find it work faster.

There is an internal remedy called Lysine Extra by Vitanica.   While topicals do their work from the outside in, superficially; Lysine Extra heals from the inside out.  It's a really good formula especially for oral HSV.

https://www.pureformulas.com/lysine-extra-60-capsules-by-vitanica.html

Sideways

Hey thanks for the link, right now I'm using regular lysine but I'm going to go ahead and purchase the super lysine 

Sanguine108

right on.  Ya, I wrote a short about the herbs in Lysine Extra. check it.

- Vit C (40mg) + Zinc (30mg) - immune 
- Lysine (800 mg) - antagonize/competes with arginine, which help stop hsv replication
- St. John’s Wort (120mg) - HSV antiviral, regenerates/heal nerve damage, heals post-herpetic neuralgia, clears inflammation, immune tonic, analgesic/pain relief. (nervine)
- Lemon Balm (110mg) - antiviral to HSV, regenerates and soothes nerves (nervine)
- Astragalus (110mg) - Immune tonic increasing antibodies and WBCs for cleaning up virus, regenerates/heals flesh/skin, energy tonic
- Oregon Grape Root (110mg) - Clears inflammation, enhances lymphatic flow, enhances blood circulation to spleen (major lymph organ)

- Myrrh gum (50mg) - helps move stagnation, regenerates flesh

Edited by Sanguine108

K_Sock
On 6/24/2017 at 3:43 PM, Sideways said:

About a month a ago I kissed a girl and a week later sure enough a bump popped up on my upper lip. I was shook, went to the store as purchased a tube of abreva.  The next day the bump went away and o continued to monitor my lip obsessively. Sure enough a month later and my upper lip is starting to look crazy. I havent had a cold sore only little bumps. The abreva bring the bumps down and my lip is dark so it's hardto notice the bumps unless ur directly in my face. I'm so embarrassed and I have to go to work too  I'm hoping none of my coworkers notice until I can get to the doctor and maybe he can prescribe something to make this situation better. Truthfully since this has happen I haven't taken on and extra amount of stress. The past couple weeks have been literally the most stressful weeks of my life. So stressed that i run out of energy. On my days off I don't even want to leave my house. 

If I could some how disguise the bumps because I don't know if they will pop and Ozze like I seen in some of the google images I searched. Which is friggin terryifying in its own right.  The lesions have been there for over 2 weeks now , some day is more swollen than others. Monday I will go to the doctor office to see if he can prescribe me something. Any recommendation and what will happen to my lip and also what oitment/cream or medications i should be shooting for and also is there any chance I'm able to disguise this crap on my lip in order for me to go back to my regular life some how? 

This doesn't sound like HSV at all!! The symptoms and timeline don't really make sense....Which is a good thing.

Did you have any flu-like symptoms? Do these bumps ever hurt? If the answer is no to both this just isn't HSV..Well, at least not a new infection.

See the doctor. Feel free to get his/her opinion. Feel free to get blood tested for HSV.

You'll be okay. Cheers

Edited by K_Sock

Sideways

I have had no flu like symptoms and the bumps don't hurt. Also it's been about a month and nothing has flared up. I do have fatigue but that's from me stressing a lot about this and I do have one small white bump tucked almost underneath my upper lip, that doesn't seem to wanna go away. it's been about a month now and nothing is clearing up, they just shrink when I apply abreva. So I just been applying abreva 3 or 4 times a day to keep my lip looking somewhat normal, where I'm able to conceal whatever is going on.  Thank u for the advice , I do appreciate it. I will definitely get to the doc soon.