World's Largest Herpes Support Group
SupermansJustice

Herpes petition - CDC/NIH/FDA

SupermansJustice

G

Edited by SupermansJustice

OffTheGrid
Bella17

I'm new here, where would I be able to sign this petition? 

Bella17

Thank you, just signed 

Franticheart

This is brilliant, thank you for taking the time to do this. It's excellently worded too. x I signed it 

It Hurts

Thank you and well said. I signed. I am new here.  I wish I had known about this site seven years ago when I contracted the most horrible thing in my life. Thank you for doing this. My medication does not subside my symptoms. Every day is agonizing and I have to wonder what it would be like if I did not take the medicine. The thought of a cure or even something to help subside the symptoms well, I have not really wraped my head around it. That would be beyond wonderful.  I have had this for seven agonizing years and as the years go by the symptoms and problems increase. I hope that something truly is on the horizon so we all can find much needed and deserved relief. 

It Hurts

That's the other side of it, nobody other than my doctor, the person who gave this to me who said, "what's the difference if we are going to be together" (that didn't happen" and my best friend/boyfriend now know that I suffer from this. I cannot let my children know. I cannot let them have this burden and I sure as heck will never let my family know or friends. This is why I was so happy to the point that it brought me  to tears when I happened upon this site today. I have felt and been so alone for so long and seeing that there are other people out there while we all are going through a horrible ordeal, well, it brings a little comfort to know that I am not alone 

Whyyyyy
29 minutes ago, SupermansJustice said:

Awesome! Thank you! I am working with some individuals on twitter to see if we can get a big social media campaign going. We can use all the help we can get.

Awesome! I'm so discouraged today... I need some good news :(

OFMDH

Signed. 

You'd think NIH spending x100 more on HIV ($3 billion for HIV vs $30 million a year for HSV) they could allocate some more funds considering it increases the risk of HIV acquisition fourfold. 

Evaluate
13 minutes ago, OFMDH said:

You'd think NIH spending x100 more on HIV ($3 billion for HIV vs $30 million a year for HSV) they could allocate some more funds considering it increases the risk of HIV acquisition fourfold.

I've often wondered that.  It's similar to investing in HPV research with the end result being less incidences of cancer (and of course, less HPV).  Obviously not exactly the same but you get the idea.  The research even backs it up - reduce HSV and from that a reduction in HIV transmission.

moialbalushi

Donnnneee. I signed. Got a plan that might do a good job in terms of this. I wont talk about it now. Stay tuned guys. 

Edited by moialbalushi

West end gal

Grrrreat  petition!! Signed, and posted it on national FB group site...

14 hours ago, Evaluate said:

I've often wondered that.  It's similar to investing in HPV research with the end result being less incidences of cancer (and of course, less HPV).  Obviously not exactly the same but you get the idea.  The research even backs it up - reduce HSV and from that a reduction in HIV transmission.

Very good point 

Whyyyyy

I posted in Facebook groups 

hopeful22

Hello SupermansJustice 

I signed. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to make this petition. 

Best

Hopeful 

Just want to move on.

Signed and donated. Awesome post!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• YellowFish
      By YellowFish
      I was just recently diagnosed with HSV1 but the outbreak is on my vagina and I do not have any cold sores on my mouth.  I thought it was ok to kiss the man I've been dating and give him oral since I don't have any sores on my mouth.  But now both he and I are panicking that I may have passed it to him unknowingly.  What exactly is the risk?  What should I do?  What should he do?  I just started taking the medication today and we were kissing last night.  I feel so stupid for not knowing it could still present a risk.  
    • flowerblossom245
      By flowerblossom245
      I was recently diagnosed with HSV 1 a week ago and the emotional strain has been horrible. I’m the type of person who hates the unknown, so I’m trying to figure out if I have it genitally or orally. I had sex with someone who has been tested for herpes, but he doesn’t remember which strain he has. He hasn’t had an outbreak in years and has taken medicine, so my doctor initially said the chance was extremely low that he gave it to me (especially because it was only for about 1 min and that was it.) I get mouth ulcers regularly and I also get what I believe is a cold sore right in the corner of my mouth (which I’ve read isn’t a real cold sore?) so I’m wondering if that’s why I tested positive. We had sex a month and a half ago, and the symptoms started about a week and a half ago. Burning while peeing, and the occasional itching. When my doctor looked (she also did a Pap smear) she said she saw no lesions which I took as a good sign. I’ve been taking Valtrex for 5 days now but my symptoms haven’t improved at all. I just need people to talk to who know how I’m feeling. Thank you all 
    • imtryingmybest
      By imtryingmybest
      Wow. So, I just got the test results about an hour ago. After calling my mom and sobbing uncontrollably, I did some reading. I read a lot about other women's experiences, and also ended up on this website. Needless to say, I am incredibly upset about it. I feel disgusting. Dirty, gross, like nothing. The worst part: I don't know who gave it to me. I have had more than one sexual partner this past month, and frankly, it is going to be fucking hard to tell them. I don't know how I am going to tell these people, how they will react, if they will tell our friends. Who will I be known as? Who will I become? I'm concerned about future relationships. How to tell those future boyfriends. Will anyone ever love me? I don't want this to become who I am, but right now in the moment, it's hard. Luckily, I am getting medication and seeing a therapist next week. I think that will help. I'm shattered. I'm currently in college, and this is going to be a chip on my shoulder for a while. It almost sucks not having other people know, because they have no idea how hard this is or what I'm going through-- getting diagnosed, all the symptoms, etc. For now, I'm going to try and just take each day at a time. Morale is low, will to live is low, but we always make it to tomorrow. Always. It's never the end, and I don't want this to be the end. Anyways, here I am: needing support, and also ready to give it. 
    • EffieG
      By EffieG
      Approximately 5 years ago a  girl gave me a peck on the lips, I wiped my lips off.
      The next morning I woke up with a painful rash all over my top lip that dried up and resulted in chapped lips, where the skin died and regenerated. No pus or obvious cold sore.
      I have had this same outbreak approximately once a year in the same place except for this year where I have had it almost continuously, I have been very stressed.
      I went to the doctor who says it isn't cold sores (I have to wait 2 weeks for a blood test), however I have found someone ( To those with oral HSV2 only by Penumbra,)  who tested positive for HSV2 by blood test with my EXACT symptoms.
      Before an outbreak, my lip/nose area is tingling a lot and I feel a strong twitching in my lip.
      Is it possible that I have mild cold sores?
      I would greatly appreciate any help
    • lilyray123
      By lilyray123
      So i thought i had genital herpes and i still might, my doctor said i did but my blood test came back negative. i had all the symptoms and have been taking the medicine and feel much better. but now idk what to do. so i’m not going to know my results for a little while because of the swab and the person i’m alsmot positive gave it to me is my boyfriend of 3 months. there’s no way i could’ve got it anyway else on my genatils. but i don’t know what can cause what meaning can i have oral sex with him? i wouldn’t let me to me but i would to him and i’m confused if i should or not 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • 2kroc
      Yes, just have sex wearing clothes and a condom, also don't kiss. No disclosure needed.
    • 2kroc
      Have sex  with at least one of you wearing clothes + a condom  next time, if you really want to protect him.
    • 2kroc
      All negative, Except for hepatitis B which is something you're vaccinated (They give you antibodies) against in the military. Before, I go through the trouble of re cropping another damn picture for you. I'd like to ask what your response will be if I show you the results and they're all negative?
    • 2kroc
      Universities receive most of their  funding from Pharma companies. Scientific studies aren't cheap, Pharmaceutical companies aren't going to fund research on food supplements when there's no pay off for them. It's naive to  think big businesses would fund research that'd directly decrease profit.  Then there's the possibility of the pharmaceutical companies bribing the government agencies from genuine health research, to keep themselves in business. https://thevaccinereaction.org/2018/04/big-pharma-pays-universities-for-most-medical-research-in-u-s-today/   Also, No one outside of the research community has the resources/contacts to prove they're cured. Even if they scored a negative on a western blot test/IGg, scrutinizers would just claim the virus was dormant or they never had it at all. Other than blood test, There is no easily accessible method to determine whether or not the virus is completely eradicated from your body.
    • WilsoInAus
      @2kroc where are the results of the three preceding tests?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.