World's Largest Herpes Support Group
beecbee

12 years ago, my doc told me there is already a cure for herpes

beecbee

But it will never be released to the public or at least not for a LONG time because of how much money pharmaceutical companies make off antivirals like Valtrex.

Not trying to spread negative or bad vibes up in here...just curious about anyone's thoughts on this? I am American and know how corrupt my country is so it doesn't seem like too farfetched of an idea.

Disc0rdant
51 minutes ago, beecbee said:

But it will never be released to the public or at least not for a LONG time because of how much money pharmaceutical companies make off antivirals like Valtrex.

Not trying to spread negative or bad vibes up in here...just curious about anyone's thoughts on this? I am American and know how corrupt my country is so it doesn't seem like too farfetched of an idea.

There is already a cure for everything.  We just have to find it.  Trust me, if there was a cure, they would treat it and make even more $.  With 80% not even knowing they have it.  Huge market....  huge

K_Sock
2 hours ago, Disc0rdant said:

There is already a cure for everything.  We just have to find it.  Trust me, if there was a cure, they would treat it and make even more $.  With 80% not even knowing they have it.  Huge market....  huge

....With the logic that '80% don't know they have it' it would actually be a SMALL market.. Small

@beecbee It's possible there's a cure and a cover-up...but very very doubtful. It's more true that pharma's development programs simply have focused on creating a treatment rather than a cure for recurring revenue.

If we take the 'Valtrex money-machine for pharma' argument than that implies that someone developed a cure for HSV and then GSK bought and buried it..  Also, let's not pretend Valtrex (which can now be made generically by any pharma) is that important to any pharma right now -- It's a blip on the radar for them as far as drug profitability (it's not their big money maker).

Malcolm

There's very little margin now in Valaciclovir since the patent has expired. To say there is a conspiracy to suppress a cure does not make sense, as suppressing it would cost $billions.

Edited by Malcolm

Atrapasueños

No existe cura ya que el virus se encuentra latente en las neuronas y no hay métodos que despierten el hsv latente sin causar daño neuronal 

Muchas personas creen que las farmacéuticas están escondiendo una cura pero no es así,, sabemos que las farmacéuticas siempre van a querer sacar provecho de las enfermedades ya que se mantienen de las medicamentos o curas que salen a la venta 

Sobre el hsv las farmacéuticas tratan de sacar más medicamento para controlar  y no para una posible cura aparte de que no existe la tecnología para realizarla hasta que se demuestre lo contrario

Una enfermedad que es mortal no necesita tanta presión social para buscar una cura y el hsv es muy diferente se necesita una presión social para buscar mejores tratamiento y una cura 

There is no cure since the virus is latent in the neurons and there are no methods that awaken the latent hsv without causing neuronal damage

Many people believe that pharmacists are hiding a cure but they do not, we know that pharmacists will always want to take advantage of the diseases because they are kept from the medicines or cures that go on sale

On the hsv the pharmaceutical companies try to get more medication to control and not for a possible cure other than that there is no technology to perform until proven otherwise

A disease that is mortal does not need so much social pressure to seek a cure and the hsv is very different social pressure is needed to seek better treatment and a cure

Atrapasueños

Aparte estamos hablando de virus el cuerpo humano contrae varios virus a lo largo de nuestras vidas pero el sistema inmunológico es algo sabio pero no perfecto ya que la mayoría de los virus son destruidos por el sistema inmunológico, y algunos virus que causaban enfermedades graves en el pasado ahora son prevenido por la vacunación pero si no fuera así mucha gente seguiría muriendo a esto le puede llamar cura preventiva pero no por medicamento o remedios que eliminen el virus hasta la fecha uno de los virus más mortales que no tiene vacuna y se puede curar con medicamento es la hepatitis c

La única forma de curar el hsv con medicamentos sería despertar el virus latente sin causar daño neuronal y sin posibilidades de que se vuelva latente y eliminarlo de otra forma sería destruir el virus latente en neuronas sin causar daño a los nervios y eliminar el hsv en células infectadas 

Aside we are talking about viruses the human body contracts several viruses throughout our lives but the immune system is something wise but not perfect since most of the viruses are destroyed by the immune system, and some viruses that caused serious diseases in the Passed now are prevented by vaccination but if it were not so many people would continue to die this can be called preventive cure but not by medicine or remedies that eliminate the virus to date one of the deadliest virus that has no vaccine and can be cured With medicine is hepatitis c

The only way to cure hsv with drugs would be to awaken the latent virus without causing neuronal damage and with no chance of it becoming latent and otherwise eliminating it would destroy the latent virus in neurons without causing nerve damage and eliminate hsv in cells Infected

Malcolm
2 hours ago, Atrapasueños said:

The only way to cure hsv with drugs would be to awaken the latent virus without causing neuronal damage and with no chance of it becoming latent and otherwise eliminating it would destroy the latent virus in neurons without causing nerve damage and eliminate hsv in cells Infected

You missed the more realistic method of which is being tested now, to cleave the latent genome using an ideal nuclease, target, and delivery method.

fixme1

Once there's a preventative, bye bye stigma

Atrapasueños

Por que lo dice? Si crispr no puede eliminar o paralizar virus latente no veo algo más que pueda ser eficiente 

Así es si se encuentra una vacuna preventiva el estigma desaparecerá poco a poco 

@Malcolm Because it says? If crispr can not eliminate or stop latent viruses I do not see anything else that can be efficient

@Fixme That is if a preventive vaccine is found the stigma will disappear little by little

Disc0rdant
21 hours ago, K_Sock said:

....With the logic that '80% don't know they have it' it would actually be a SMALL market.. Small

@beecbee It's possible there's a cure and a cover-up...but very very doubtful. It's more true that pharma's development programs simply have focused on creating a treatment rather than a cure for recurring revenue.

If we take the 'Valtrex money-machine for pharma' argument than that implies that someone developed a cure for HSV and then GSK bought and buried it..  Also, let's not pretend Valtrex (which can now be made generically by any pharma) is that important to any pharma right now -- It's a blip on the radar for them as far as drug profitability (it's not their big money maker).

Disagree.  Just like you hear the HPV commercials on spotify, the HSV commercials will be better.

Lurker_No_More
16 hours ago, Malcolm said:

You missed the more realistic method of which is being tested now, to cleave the latent genome using an ideal nuclease, target, and delivery method.

Can you please post a link to the study? You caught my interest. 

RVX Patient and Investor
On 6/25/2017 at 6:13 PM, beecbee said:

who, Dr.Vinny Boombatz?

please.  its not even logical.  'i have a cure that would net me hundreds of billions of dollars, but i'm not gonna share it so some crappy generic treatment can go on'

no respect i tell ya, no respect at all!