World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Hsv2_help

Well here I am again.

Hsv2_help

About a year ago I found out I had hsv2 with my first initial outbreak being July 9th, 2016. Well at this very moment I am having one, which hasn't happened very often. I believe this is my 3rd. 

I am under a lot of stress at work because I am a manager and inventory is coming up. Just like this time last year I was stressed and had so much on my plate.

My son's birthday is soon, inventory is soon and not to mention blazing hot here in the south. A couple of weeks ago I started a diet and walking. I did good on the diet until the stress of inventory got to me and all the bosses stressing me. Planning my sins party. Being depressed about my situation as a single parent. Not having a good support system. I also tried to give up cigarettes in the process of all this crap going on. What a mistake....I threw my cigarettes Thursday and by Saturday here is a fresh crop of sores.

Also I wore a silky type of panties that I shouldn't have worn because I usually wear cotton granny panties...and I went walking 2 miles in them after work...I should have known better.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Have you got outbreaks from giving up smoking?...job stress, family stress? wearing different underwear?...or dieting.

Probably the combination of all that is not working in my favor. I tried to do too many things at once.

I stopped by the gas station today...picked up a pack of smokes. And started my valtrex and cream. Hoping this will be better in a couple of days....the pain and discomfort usually doesn't last more than 4 days...knock on wood. I'm so upset with myself..

It's been months since my last OB. And sometimes I even forget I have herpes as crazy as it sounds....

Lisajd

Stress is a big trigger so try some supplements if you cant eliminate the stress.  If you are doing things that negatively impact your immune system you will more likely suffer obs.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hallie
      Hey all! I’m new and my diagnosis is pending. I’ve done so much research that I have a new understanding and respect for people living with herpes. That being said it wasn’t like that alway, I had been a part of a stigma we all know very well up until my latest annual pap. So I went in and had my pap and just a routing std check. Two days later and my OB calls and says everything’s good on the pap and the bloood work came back but there’s an acute result for herpes. Although he states he doesn’t know which kind or where and to come back in 6 weeks. So me being the 22 yo uneducated student, freaks out. I am asymptomatic and at the time he advises to check around my mouth and lips for any cold sores. I had a minor canker sore like lesion on my gum above my tooth and that was it super minor discomfort. So I went into a care now and the doctor did a pcr swab of the cut and another igm and an igg. So it’s about 5 days waiting period and during that time I get sick, similar to pharyngitis ( it was so bad I went back, the doctor gave me  Valacyclovir in case it was an outbreak). So now I really am thinking ok this is most like HSV-1 being it’s possible but less likely to be HSV -2 And I have zero symptoms on my genitals unless it’s dormant. And then plot twist, I get all results back, second igm, viral swab, and igg and all negative! What is going on? 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @sheikha and welcome to the website. Different tests around the world have different numbers as to what means positive.  Do you have details of what test was performed? Does the paperwork indicate what number means positive? For some tests it’s 1.1, others 11 and some more than 20!
    • Mikeike3
      What symptoms brought you to test in the first place 
    • Mikeike3
      Over 3.3 is a strong positive. You could repeat that test. I'd assume I had it. 
    • Kev003
      Lysine seemed to dry the blisters during outbreaks.  They would take about the same time to heal but there would be no/less fluid while using lysine.  At first it seemed like it was reducing the amount of outbreaks, but after a couple months they were coming just as often as before - if not more often.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.